Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

i got two ways to go as i see it: i can short into strength, aka "shorting the top", i get best best price for the diff split, but very risky. if wrong, i blow out. :eek:

Or, i can wait for weakness to fire off the last shot. don't get best price, and best split but less risky imo.

i am opting for the latter. but it's got to go down to make it work, and thats where i am counting on the NAS :innocent:

Had a good day shorting that range yesterday, reminiscing here went to the well one too many times.:cry:

The European indices are presenting some gains, especially the DAX. The comforting signals given by the meeting between President Trump and the President of the European Commission Juncker should sketch the initial trend of today. The ECB meeting will divert investors’ attention from microeconomic issues (business results) to more macro issues (monetary policy). Today’s meeting will be used by the Central Bank to cement the message given at the June meeting. However, at the current stage the signs that the slowdown is over are still very timid and on them weighs the specter of a worldwide trade war. The issue of inflation should also be discussed at the press conference. The ECB has been confident that inflation will eventually move towards the 2%, which is the aim of this institution.

the definition of insanity postie, is the DOW

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrational_exuberance

"Irrational exuberance" is a phrase used by the then-Federal Reserve Board chairman, Alan Greenspan, in a speech given at the American Enterprise Institute during the dot-com bubble of the 1990s. The phrase was interpreted as a warning that the market might be overvalued.

Last edited:
Hey TJ,

No worries however you respond please feel free :)

I use Pivot Points as S/R targets and do have a bias most days. Trend is usually in play over longer TFs like daily or 4H charts.

Like you can see we are about to test highs from Jan 18 and been making HHs and HLs since April and then again since June.

Hi probability trades would be to go long imo.

I don't trade the Dow but last I looked I thought 25250s were tops and that's been breached already. Markets buzzing with earnings and more recently Trump offering 12bn to farmers.

Each to their own and all the best (y)

Totally agree, the overall trend must be respected, the daily Dax 200 point price points are always of enormous significance, but in the mean time the session provides ops both ways........yea so easy I know :)

I used to play the 1 min/1 tick/5 min combo with 3 screens & it was a case of using pivots, speed of flow, obvious s/r areas....I used to like waiting to try & find clusters of stops, different things worked on different days but.....lunacy, glad I did it because it got me right into to the heart of it, but it's too frenetic, too stressful.

Now :

1 large screen, split with 2 clean charts : Daily & 5 min..... I guess all of us who have done the tick trading can actually see the tick & 1 min with the 5 min price bar, soooo much calmer !

I've had a break from this for a while, but getting back into it for a bit. A friend of mine (& no that friend isn't me) is having a really really hard time with it, he's devoted a lot of time into it & is getting a bit bashed up. I feel it's time to get back in, get bashed up with him ;)

the definition of insanity postie, is the DOW

The definition of insanity according to Einstein (or Richard Feynman depending on who you believe) is :- "Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result."
A bit like you shorting the Dow!

The definition of insanity according to Einstein (or Richard Feynman depending on who you believe) is :- "Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result."
A bit like you shorting the Dow!

"Irrational exuberance" is a phrase used by the then-Federal Reserve Board chairman, Alan Greenspan, in a speech given at the American Enterprise Institute during the dot-com bubble of the 1990s. The phrase was interpreted as a warning that the market might be overvalued.

Yes I am well aware of that, I lived and traded through it unlike yourself. You however are not Alan Greenspan and do not get to decide when the markets are behaving irrationally or exuberantly. When you make it to chairman of the Fed then we will listen to your opinion on the matter.

everyone is looking to the DOW for direction, F the DOW!

the DOW is like your grandad telling whopers.

the DOW is so archaic anyway..

Yes I am well aware of that, I lived and traded through it unlike yourself. You however are not Alan Greenspan and do not get to decide when the markets are behaving irrationally or exuberantly. When you make it to chairman of the Fed then we will listen to your opinion on the matter.

i respect that.

once the fall starts, and i don't know where the trigger..its DOW Armageddon

all these heros will be covering there azzez, they know there on thin ice

ya, horsesht DOW

staright up never look back, BS my nose is bleeding here

This is not criticism this is fact please take it as such.

1. The market is always right!
2. The Dow is the market you are trading therefore the Dow is always right.

The Dow is not horse**** the Dow is always right, your opinion of where the dow should be right now is horse****.

When you accept this your attitude to trades will change and you will become a better trader.