All you need is... The Further Tales

Now, if we can finally continue where we left of.

Let's talk a bit more about the economists and market analysts. We must wonder and ask ourselves to what purpose they study each and every bit of news, ranging from corporate reports to economic indicators, world politics, the relationship between commodities and stock prices, and so on. They believe that the data they get will help them decide what stock to buy and what the market is about to do. Most of them believe the market will, or at least should, react positively to good news and negatively to bad news.

The task of reporters is to write stories and fill the financial sections of the newspaper. It's definitely worth observing some of these people for some time. How many times have you heard "the stock went up despite the bad news, but there was some other good news from before..."; "the stock went down, perhaps the bad news of last week wasn't fully digested into the price yet". I'm sure you could find examples of these each day.

We can hardly blame them for doing their job. After all, it would make for a very short column if all they wrote was "the market went up because buying pressure overcame selling pressure"...
=================================================================

GOOD LORD ! ---- HE JUST TAKES MY NEXT POST in that series AND MAKES IT HIS !

wtf -- is THIS how you got those points -- by ever so slightly rewriting others work ?

since youre OBVIOUSLY COPYING could you tell me where this is posted, so i can bring it back up for people to see who said what and when ?

of course, the mods will soon sweep in and punish ME, not the one who does the copying !

mp

Djeez mp... this is the third time you're going off in another direction. I've asked it politely and I'm asking you again, one last time, please stop derailing this thread. You can voice whatever issues you have here: All you need... Further Tales.

===============================================================

not derailing --- simply pointing to what was stolen from me !

but its ok, cause youve been here longer than i have, and you will win and continue your actions with much approval and ill probably be banned for telling the truth !

mp

If you're seriously thinking that anything you, me, or anyone else, is saying here on this forum is "original" in the sense that no-one has said it before, than I'm sorry to disappoint you.

FWIW, I'm reading a book originally published in 1955 in which the author makes the very assertion that is being so vehemently claimed here as original. He cites it as common knowledge at the time.

jj

GOOD LORD ! ---- HE JUST TAKES MY NEXT POST in that series AND MAKES IT HIS !

wtf -- is THIS how you got those points -- by ever so slightly rewriting others work ?

since youre OBVIOUSLY COPYING could you tell me where this is posted, so i can bring it back up for people to see who said what and when ?

mp

My post is my original own rephrasing of what's been told and said before, probably years before you were even born. The foundations of my beliefs come from authors like Schwager, Magee, Mamis, Wyckoff, Graifer, Sperandeo. So what are yours? Or did you really believe you invented the hot water?

Trust me, your posts are not a source which I rely on. First of all, because I haven't read them (Remember my polite PM asking you where you posted all of this three days ago -> I'm still waiting for an answer, you seem to have a hard time tracking it back yourself).

Second of all, there are at least a dozen other people who agree with what I said and believe the same. They have offered valuable contributions and posted charts with examples where the news is discounted. If you're unable to do the same, you should refrain from posting in this thread. Despite I have repeatedly asked you not to do so, you continue by focusing on the messenger instead of the message. You owe it to yourself what happens next.

FWIW, I'm reading a book originally published in 1955 in which the author makes the very assertion that is being so vehemently claimed here as original. He cites it as common knowledge at the time.

jj

Someone ought to tell mp6140 about "libraries"...

This site has been running since the turn of the century......

I'd be amazed if anything written has not been written before.

===============================================================

not derailing --- simply pointing to what was stolen from me !

but its ok, cause youve been here longer than i have, and you will win and continue your actions with much approval and ill probably be banned for telling the truth !

mp

If you're so convinced about that, put your stuff together and try selling it.

If you're so convinced about that, put your stuff together and try selling it.
==========================================================

not here to sell, or i could have already made a fortune --- but im fighting politics, something thats VERY apparent, and as said, i cant win but i sure can make my point !

when this thread started, once i said what i said, EVERYTHING should have come to a halt for investigation of charges --- but i cant fight you or magic or a few more who i dont even know, even though my life is based on honor and honesty, so i have to accept what you do unless i am to buy the whole site, which would immediately solve the problem, wouldnt it ?

mp
fully aware of whats happening and smiling at how ethical behavior is interpretated here !

mp

when this thread started, once i said what i said, EVERYTHING should have come to a halt for investigation of charges --- but i cant fight you or magic or a few more who i dont even know, even though my life is based on honor and honesty, so i have to accept what you do unless i am to buy the whole site, which would immediately solve the problem, wouldnt it ?

mp
fully aware of whats happening and smiling at how ethical behavior is interpretated here !

mp

investigation of charges? djeez... talk about ego-issues...

sorry to disappoint you, but NOTHING, not a word you (or I) say has not been said before

now get your feet back on the ground and say hello to the real world

My post is my original own rephrasing of what's been told and said before, probably years before you were even born. The foundations of my beliefs come from authors like Schwager, Magee, Mamis, Wyckoff, Graifer, Sperandeo. So what are yours? Or did you really believe you invented the hot water?

of course not -- stop muddying the waters --- im speaking of many many posts on this subject, recently made by me and youre using my words and not the above authors -- subjects when i first raised them were poo-poo'd by the "guru's" on this site who didnt want or need another experienced trader. I expected trouble, but not theft !

Trust me, your posts are not a source which I rely on. First of all, because I haven't read them (Remember my polite PM asking you where you posted all of this three days ago -> I'm still waiting for an answer, you seem to have a hard time tracking it back yourself).

i havent even tried to look for them, as there are sufficient members on this site who know my words and can back up what i say !

Second of all, there are at least a dozen other people who agree with what I said and believe the same. They have offered valuable contributions and posted charts with examples where the news is discounted. If you're unable to do the same, you should refrain from posting in this thread. Despite I have repeatedly asked you not to do so, you continue by focusing on the messenger instead of the message. You owe it to yourself what happens next.

believe ive already posted charts, shown the same s+r, predicted a future move THAT YOU DID NOT (you seem to keep missing that one !) and with 30 years of equities, options, futures and forex behind me, have made an awful lot of mistakes, remembered the lessons, and pass them on freely as warnings --- only once before, in the 7 years ive moderated, did i find ONE person who quoted what i said without my permission -- he was taken care of immediately, which WILL NOT HAPPEN on this site because of the politics involved !

YOU know what you did !

mp

sorry to disappoint you, but NOTHING, not a word you (or I) say has not been said before

:LOL:

The endless cycle of poo poo. Everybody is always poo pooing each other. Maybe we should ask Sharky to rename his site,...

Trade 2 Poo Poo.::LOL:

====================================================

absolutely true, but im talking about YOU taking what i have been posting on a number of threads, using my very words, and claiming it as your own thread, when my words sit on this site, recently said and exactly what youre saying (you dont even bother to change the words around)

of course you will not and cannot admit what youve done -- its impossible !

have fun fireguy -- your attitude of imperious hurt should put the clintons to shame !

mp

believe ive already posted charts, shown the same s+r, predicted a future move THAT YOU DID NOT (you seem to keep missing that one !) and with 30 years of equities, options, futures and forex behind me, have made an awful lot of mistakes, remembered the lessons, and pass them on freely as warnings --- only once before, in the 7 years ive moderated, did i find ONE person who quoted what i said without my permission -- he was taken care of immediately, which WILL NOT HAPPEN on this site because of the politics involved !

YOU know what you did !

mp

Thank you mp. Thank you very much. You've just proved my point that you're nothing but a frustrated trader. Now, if I may have everyone's attention.

My latests post was a deliberate attempt at tricking mp6140 to see if he would - yet again - argue that I copied his text.

In fact, the text I wrote, is a paraphrasing of Justin Mamis' work, pages 97-98 from the book 'How To Buy', first published in 1929. Almost 80 years ago. Next time you accuse me mp6140, I suggest you check your sources. Or even better, stop accusing me altogether, because you have zero ground to stand on.

Would the moderators now please be so kind as to remove this individual from my thread, so that he can stop whining about this and face reality. No one is interested in copying his posts!

Also, please leave this post on, so that interested people know where they can get their hands on original material, or at least historic material instead of listening to some ego-tripper who thinks he's found the Holy Grail.

YOU know what you did !

mp

Thank you mp. Thank you very much. You've just proved my point that you're nothing but a frustrated trader. Now, if I may have everyone's attention.

My latests post was a deliberate attempt at tricking mp6140 to see if he would - yet again - argue that I copied his text.

In fact, the text I wrote, is a paraphrasing of Justin Mamis' work, pages 97-98 from the book 'How To Buy', first published in 1929. Almost 80 years ago. Next time you accuse me mp6140, I suggest you check your sources. Or even better, stop accusing me altogether, because you have zero ground to stand on.

Would the moderators now please be so kind as to remove this individual from my thread, so that he can stop whining about this and face reality. No one is interested in copying his posts!

Also, please leave this post on, so that interested people know where they can get their hands on original material, or at least historic material instead of listening to some ego-tripper who thinks he's found the Holy Grail.

====================================================

absolutely true, but im talking about YOU taking what i have been posting on a number of threads, using my very words, and claiming it as your own thread, when my words sit on this site, recently said and exactly what youre saying (you dont even bother to change the words around)

of course you will not and cannot admit what youve done -- its impossible !

have fun fireguy -- your attitude of imperious hurt should put the clintons to shame !

mp

:sleep:

ok, can I bring the personal battle to a halt please. I will delete anything further personal and not about the topic of the thread. However, I allow myself the luxury of the last word

mp6140 - I don't think you can claim ownership of any of the concepts - s/r, trend lines, channels, reversal time zones, all news in price, etc, etc - that you have brought up. As Wasp says, it's all in the archives. You may or may not have a novel (indeed, original) way of bringing those concepts together to trade, but that's a different matter.

firewalker - I think you've got a pretty broad canvass as your headlined topic in the associated thread and I think it's reasonable that people can take it in different directions, so long as there is a relevance to the topic.

cheers

jon

Mamis.com: About Justin

Re sources and checking ..1929 ? I don't think so,but in fairness this wasn't on a chart ;)

Sorry, in all the hurry I accidentally typed his birth date.

The original published date of the first edition is 1982.
That's still 25 years ago. Enough to say nor I, nor mp, are the first to present this.

Sorry, in all the hurry I accidentally typed his birth date.

The original published date of the first edition is 1982.
That's still 25 years ago. Enough to say nor I, nor mp, are the first to present this.
=====================================================

youre smooth and kewl and politically connected and while hardly anyone alive can claim authorship of many of the things known in the market, my problem is with you starting a thread concerning what ive been teaching on this site for months --- if you can read a book, you can read my posts as ive seen you there, and if you read my posts lately, yours is just "coincidently" too similar and too soon after ive said it !

youre fully aware of what happened -- so be it !

mp

fw, what is your take on divergence?, do you use it at all?, i guess you do take it into consideration being a technician, but do you include the divergence set ups into your trading?