All you need is... The Further Tales

allow that one can trade very nicely with just a chart and a few overlays --- give me bols bands and s+r and ill still come home at the end of the day with my allotment of sheckels, but the indicators give you MORE --- they are predictive and naked charts are not --- They show strength, which naked charts cannot ...
mp

If one is unable to determine strength or weakness from the action of the tape, i.e. price and volume, than I suggest the problem lies not within the chart, but within the trader.

YOU AINT GONNA SET THAT TRADE USING PRICE ACTION BUBBALAH ! NO WAY JOSE !!!

Some people trade perfectly fine without a chart. Remember, in the beginning, there was only 'the tape'. A whole group of traders had nothing other to rely on than the prices on the tape. If you can learn to follow the price action, you will be not one, but two steps ahead of the game because price is faster than any derivative. All of this is not to say indicators can't work or help you. But I've yet to see anything other than anecdotal evidence that they give you "more".

Last edited:
If one is unable to determine strength or weakness from the action of the tape, i.e. price and volume, than I suggest the problem lies not within the chart, but within the trader.

the action of the tape NOW is not going to tell you where the price will be in 24 hours, but the institutions and GOOD traders will already have their tp points set there, and while i only consider myself "competent" at this point, so will I !

Some people trade perfectly fine without a chart. Remember, in the beginning, there was only 'the tape'. A whole group of traders had nothing other to rely on than the prices on the tape. If you can learn to follow the price action, you will be not one, but two steps ahead of the game because price is faster than any derivative. All of this is not to say indicators can't work or help you. But I've yet to see anything other than anecdotal evidence that they give you "more"

unfortunately the "TAPE" is an anarchism in the world of trading --- one look at a tick chart or level 2 and then at the "TAPE" which comes by every minute or so (if that often) is proof of that by golly !

nice of you to get into history, which is usually my realm, but please leave history to where it was and the present to where it is --- if all you see is "anecdotal evidence" then that is ALL YOU WISH TO SEE, otherwise you would have to give up your stubborn, unseeing ways and change your ideas, and for one with your level of testosterone, thats probably a very hard job indeed !

you might face a full length mirror and repeat these words --- "i know im a purist, and that i refuse to accept any other ideas than my own in this world because the world revolves around ME and no one else, but i promise i shall try to see if someone else may just have some idea that differs from mine, but works well !"

if you say that 15 times a nite, sooner or later we can be friends, because youll have moved from being a stubborn fool to a thinking and caring man !

try it -- really works

mp

Whether intentionally or not, I don't know, but you really need to stop giving other interpretations to my posts and stop putting words in my mouth. Nowhere have I said that other methods, using indicators, couldn't work well. Nowhere did I say that other ideas are by definition incorrect. I said that, as up till today, I have yet to see someone use an indicator to demonstrate something which can not be learned from the 'naked chart' alone.

the action of the tape NOW is not going to tell you where the price will be in 24 hours, but the institutions and GOOD traders will already have their tp points set there, and while i only consider myself "competent" at this point, so will I !
Using predetermined target points is often the reason why so many traders exit too soon. Let the chart tell you when to exit or scale out and the problem of exits will resolve itself. No need for prediction.

unfortunately the "TAPE" is an anarchism in the world of trading --- one look at a tick chart or level 2 and then at the "TAPE" which comes by every minute or so (if that often) is proof of that by golly !

No, the tape does not "come by every minute or so". The tape are the quotes flickering on your screen. If they move every millisecond, than that's what you need to look at. The tape can be silent, the tape can be all over the place. A tick chart is a fine example indeed.

if all you see is "anecdotal evidence" then that is ALL YOU WISH TO SEE, otherwise you would have to give up your stubborn, unseeing ways and change your ideas, and for one with your level of testosterone, thats probably a very hard job indeed !

If anything, I have kept an open mind throughout this whole thread. First I admitted you might well use a perfectly fine method, second I said that indicators might well make a trader profit. Nowhere in this thread have I discounted your or anyone else's methods, nor have I said my approach is the only possible one. I did say that anything on top of price is only a confirmation of what's already been told in the chart.

The only one with the 'testosterone' is you my friend. Using CAPS is shouting, using colours to attract attention and mentioning all over the place how fantastic a trader you are because you made 302 trades without a single losing one. You Americans really know how to be humble now :rolleyes:

if you say that 15 times a nite, sooner or later we can be friends, because youll have moved from being a stubborn fool to a thinking and caring man !

For the fifth or sixth time that I have to repeat myself :rolleyes:... this thread is not about you, nor is it about me. I suggest, once more that you go on and continue whatever it is you're trying to proof in your own thread. Several people have invited you to start showing live trades. You can explain and show us all that you wish there.

I said that, as up till today, I have yet to see someone use an indicator to demonstrate something which can not be learned from the 'naked chart' alone.

i havent spoken about indicators to you directly, but to the whole group who insists they are not needed --- you did notice i stated that i answer MORE THAN ONE person with one post, cause its faster and easier, but that aside i maintain that a naked chart cannot show momentum or strength DIRECTLY (you can interpret, but nothing direct)and therefore becomes valueless beyond the actual trading point !!

Using predetermined target points is often the reason why so many traders exit too soon. Let the chart tell you when to exit or scale out and the problem of exits will resolve itself. No need for prediction.

sure, if theyre wrong !!! using stop losses for exits, a common policy on this site, is pretty wrong also but prediction . . . . . why not --- its fun to see how accurate you can be while youre simply sleeping and taking profit ---- or do you stay up 24/7 scaling and fading and flopping and hen sitting your trades ? How do you handle a trade that wont settle till youre sound asleep --- simply IGNORE IT ??

No, the tape does not "come by every minute or so". The tape are the quotes flickering on your screen. If they move every millisecond, than that's what you need to look at. The tape can be silent, the tape can be all over the place. A tick chart is a fine example indeed.

the "tape" is another of those loved old words that no longer have a really true meaning in the industry, but others cling to and try to accomodate to the new market --- "scalping" is yet another one of them words !

If anything, I have kept an open mind throughout this whole thread. First I admitted you might well use a perfectly fine method, second I said that indicators might well make a trader profit. Nowhere in this thread have I discounted your or anyone else's methods, nor have I said my approach is the only possible one. I did say that anything on top of price is only a confirmation of what's already been told in the chart.

The only one with the 'testosterone' is you my friend. Using CAPS is shouting, using colours to attract attention and mentioning all over the place how fantastic a trader you are because you made 302 trades without a single losing one. You Americans really know how to be humble now :rolleyes:

nah my friend --- colors and CAPS are methods of setting off my words from your words in a manner easily read by those who may wish to follow the importance of our postings -- if yours are in black and mine are in blue, the color contrast alone shows who might be asking and who is answering in a manner not available to the writers of old, using quills and monochromatic inks.

They are designed so that one considers words that are important and worthy of notice, as I am not facing you, using differing body languages and gestures, emotional thrusts and parries or any of the other means of communications humans have grown to use with each other !

i just have words, so i must dress those words in the clothing that suits them for the weather i wish them to live in --- they must be prepared for the frosty blast of winter, the wafting waves of spring, the obscene heat of a tropical summer or the gradual greying and change of color of the fabulous fall --- THAT is why there are caps, italics, colors and even sizes and bold in our language --- for the emphasis that we humans normally provide to each other in direct manners.

as far as my 302 trades is concerned --- its my CALLING CARD -- like the silver bullet the masked man leaves at each town he saves -- its my resume, my business card, my "reason of existance" (you like the yank translation of that one ?) --- it defines, in 302 neat little moves, my ability to play 3 dimensional chess and in a world that demands to know "who" you are, it clarifies and gets to the point of the question quickly !

It allows me entrance to a small club down the street, where pipes and cigars are richly enjoyed along with the company of the most lovely young ladies who serve only the most vintage wines and spirtits for the embibers pleasure ---

it is a badge of honor in a world that has gone money mad and it allows me free passage into "Duncan Doughnuts" !

ANYWAY, MY BACKGROUND IS SHOW BUSINESS --- DO YOU EXPECT ME TO POST IN GRAY ?

For the fifth or sixth time that I have to repeat myself :rolleyes:... this thread is not about you, nor is it about me. I suggest, once more that you go on and continue whatever it is you're trying to proof in your own thread. Several people have invited you to start showing live trades. You can explain and show us all that you wish there.

i am making the most humble observations, concerning concepts, theories and thoughts TO EVERYONE (and not just to you), and now you want live trades -- the next thing youll demand will be the DANCING SEALS and the ONE TRICK PONY !

OK, EURUSD short to 1.5200 --- conceiveably lower, but more when we get closer

take two aspirin and call me the morning we hit that price !

enjoy and trade well

mp

Last edited:
There was a bloke here once upon a time, loved a good curry. Imagine he still does as it goes. Went by the name of mrmarcus... Unfortunately he doesn't post any more.

He could and did post charts for days ahead at a time through an absolutely, amazing, uncanny understanding of price, volume and market participants. Every swing up and down on the way too. Awfully skilled and clever chap.

His ability to 'predict' the future through understanding price was unsurpassed and a skill no indicator could ever achieve. Loads of threads about it too. Also, there was once a live trading room where he call trade after trade after trade on the short term. Rather good so I heard.

Another bloke called DC2000, he was uncanny at predicting near to the pip his live daily calls in the old FX threads.

Price it would seem, is great for predicting the future. Indicators can too I guess. If that's your bag of course.

Whatever makes you happy......

Oh, and in a really vein attempt at bringing the thread back on course, they didn't care much for the news either!

Last edited:
There was a bloke here once upon a time, loved a good curry. Imagine he still does as it goes. Went by the name of mrmarcus... Unfortunately he doesn't post any more.

He could and did post charts for days ahead at a time through an absolutely, amazing, uncanny understanding of price, volume and market participants. Every swing up and down on the way too. Awfully skilled and clever chap.

His ability to 'predict' the future through understanding price was unsurpassed and a skill no indicator could ever achieve. Loads of threads about it too. Also, there was once a live trading room where he call trade after trade after trade on the short term. Rather good so I heard.

Another bloke called DC2000, he was uncanny at predicting near to the pip his live daily calls in the old FX threads.

Price it would seem, is great for predicting the future. Indicators can too I guess. If that's your bag of course.

Whatever makes you happy......

Oh, and in a really vein attempt at bringing the thread back on course, they didn't care much for the news either!
=================================================================

WOW --- I LOVE CURRY ALSO !

now these people are probably a bit more than "competent", the label i attach to myself, and as how i have not yet achieved the psychic level yet, my hat off to them and to those who followed them !

btw --- i wish youd get back on track also -- im just answering questions posted to me, so stop the questions and you stop the answers !

mp

Last edited:
Wasp,

The person that you mentioned fell foul of me, if you remember, and we had an unpleasant number of posts, simply because I did not believe that his forecasts were genuine products and he would not accept the kind of criticism that mp's character does accept (and with good humour). I, still, don't. But all that does not matter much. The person who started the "Wot" series gave us a chart with no name, time or price and we had to show how the price went.

MrMarcus predicted four or five charts, exactly, 3 MONTHS AHEAD with, as you say, uncanny and, may I add, unbelievable, accuracy.

I don't know how he did it but I, still, believe that somehow he sifted through all the London shares and found them because he was, always, several days behind everyone else with his predictions.

He never picked up the challenge to forecast any share from the present day, three months into the future.

That did not surprise me. I did not expect him to. MrMarcus and Socrates got along well together. The insults piled upon me were so high that I ended up covered in one big pile of bull****. (Pardon, the Americanism:D)

Split

Wasp,

The person that you mentioned fell foul of me, if you remember, and we had an unpleasant number of posts, simply because I did not believe that his forecasts were genuine products and he would not accept the kind of criticism that mp's character does accept (and with good humour). I, still, don't. But all that does not matter much. The person who started the "Wot" series gave us a chart with no name, time or price and we had to show how the price went.

MrMarcus predicted four or five charts, exactly, 3 MONTHS AHEAD with, as you say, uncanny and, may I add, unbelievable, accuracy.

I don't know how he did it but I, still, believe that somehow he sifted through all the London shares and found them because he was, always, several days behind everyone else with his predictions.

He never picked up the challenge to forecast any share from the present day, three months into the future.

That did not surprise me. I did not expect him to. MrMarcus and Socrates got along well together. The insults piled upon me were so high that I ended up covered in one big pile of bull****. (Pardon, the Americanism:D)

Split
==============================================================

interesting stories, and my curiousity peaqued, i went back into the archives to see what was happening, and so was aware of more than a "few" words travelling to and fro on those threads.

if indeed he was one of the last to "predict" it is entirely possible he "sifted" and analyzed, which is a huge talent in itself and his results were obviously not to be sneered at !

I have gotten rather lucky at times with forward looking predictions, but since its rare that i trade that far into the future, i simply dont spend much time figuring it out --- not impossible, but not of much value to me so therefore no time really spent in doing it !

a month is more than my usual maximum, as thats further into the future than i need to know ANY trend, being much more a short term trader, moving with the direction of the day, although i have been known to hold thru a cycle (be it up or down) on the LRC ! ( a "cycle" being a move from the bottom to the top of the LRC which could simply be days in time)

I did come in second in a contest asking for a price one month down the road --- i would have been first, but unfortunately only one person could have one date, so my choice was already taken by the time i entered, and i had to select an alternate --- was my only moment of ALMOST glory !

hats certainly off to those who do that well

mp

Last edited:
I'm not saying that shares cannot be predicted as being "up" or "down" x% over a certain period. Those charts were carbon , day by day, copies of what actually happened to those companies. God knows how many shares fell on hard times during those periods but none of his did. If they did, he got it right.

It has been said that traders, here, do not trade on news. Why? It's simple, really.

They do not and cannot know when the news will come or whether it will be good or bad. So what the hell good is there in trading it? That does not mean, however, that news will not have a disastrous effect on shares. One infamous example. The Twin Towers massacre. Even on the very morning no one knew that was coming.

OK, EURUSD short to 1.5200 --- conceiveably lower, but more when we get closer

take two aspirin and call me the morning we hit that price !

mp

Glad you took that bait, because it shows exactly how easy it is to make 300 or 500 winning trades. "Call me the morning we hit that price". As price swings up and down all the time, it's very likely a number will be hit sometime in the future. It might go against you first for a couple of days and then come back. You didn't post a stop, so -unless you use a mental stop which still requires you to have a certain figure in mind- there's no way of knowing when you'll be wrong.

I've seen this all before. Nothing new here. Several guys did it in the DOW 2007 thread near the end of last year. They posted only entries and exits. No stops. They were never wrong. Always closing out with a profit. Until at one point price kept going lower and lower and suddenly they ceased posting. Hmm...

If a trader (and I'm not saying you do this) is going to let a trade go against him for a couple of hundred points first, and then wait till it comes back to him to close with a measly profit, then it's pretty naive of anyone to believe that this method is the best approach over the long run.

You see mp, you may well be able to walk the walk, especially since you've mentioned "price always comes back up", but it'll only take you one trade that doesn't come back to take you out of the game. Remember what I said about those who bought in October 1929. Thirty years they had to wait until price came back at their entry point.

Wasp,

Split

misrepresented split...you called all the effort and work id done superfluous in explaining price and volume and its development...this is fine if a) you had any comprehension of price and volume...b)...that you had read the articles....you admitted you hadnt as they were "too"long...considering all the 10,000 plus hours and then hours typing up...you...couldnt be bothered to even read it....and then proclaimed it superflous without knowing its content...an impossible conclusion therefore...you should have be ashamed of yourself at the level of stubborness and ignorance...and even more so now for trying to slander myself.i for my part apologized ..i should have apologized to myself for allowing my involment to drop to another level and reacting to your show of ignorance.

ps...let me make this simple...if i feel pieces written on me are slanderous....and allowed to stand....and potentially impact on my business.....then i will take it straight to legal level without hesitation.

Wasp,

Split

misrepresented split...you called all the effort and work id done superfluous in explaining price and volume and its development...this is fine if a) you had any comprehension of price and volume...b)...that you had read the articles....you admitted you hadnt as they were "too"long...considering all the 10,000 plus hours and then hours typing up...you...couldnt be bothered to even read it....and then proclaimed it superflous without knowing its content...an impossible conclusion therefore...you should have be ashamed of yourself at the level of stubborness and ignorance...and even more so now for trying to slander myself.i for my part apologized ..i should have apologized to myself for allowing my involment to drop to another level and reacting to your show of ignorance.

ps...let me make this simple...if i feel pieces written on me are slanderous....and allowed to stand....and potentially impact on my business.....then i will take it straight to legal level without hesitation.

To be slanderous things said have to be untrue.

Which specific elements of what Spit said are not true?

Edit: Also are you going to delete this post as well? It seems that when you left the sandpit last time you destroyed all your toys to make sure no one else could play with them. That was probably a service to the english language though.

To be slanderous things said have to be untrue.

Which specific elements of what Spit said are not true?

...it is none of your business...you are not a moderator.it will dealt with.

...accepting criticism....i ask people all day to rip me apart...calling something superflous and then admitting to not even reading it not criticism....but ignorance.

Last edited:
Mr Marcus,

If you apologized, it was for a reason. No one does that for nothing. I, also, apologized for causing a disturbance. Without all the legal beagle talk, I challenge you to forecast any share on the LSE, three months from the day you post that share on this site.

If you are successful, you'll get your apology and, also, a staunch supporter.

Split

Once it goes off-topic, yes! :p

I've asked the mods to clean this thread up, and move everything starting +/- 50 posts ago, over to the 'Further Tales' thread... It's gone astray long before the latest arc of posts anyway.

I suspect they are currently sunbathing, so in the meantime have a go...

Come Monday morning, and we're back serious though :devilish:

I've asked the mods to clean this thread up, and move everything starting +/- 50 posts ago, over to the 'Further Tales' thread... It's gone astray long before the latest arc of posts anyway.

I suspect they are currently sunbathing, so in the meantime have a go...

Come Monday morning, and we're back serious though :devilish:

Wasp's fault! :)