All you need is... The Further Tales

mp6140

Established member
Moderators note

This is a thread for the discussions that are split off from the All you need is... a chart thread

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/31852-all-you-need-chart-1.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suspect that you will show that in many cases the information is in the chart before the news even comes out. What may also be shown is some cases where the information was not in the chart before the news was available.

In those cases, to me, the question that tests your argument would be: without being an insider, was it possible to have fundamental information that would guide a better trade before the chart showed the impact of the news?
======================================================================

hey nine,

didnt we have a rousing debate over my showing how to tell which way to bet on news releases ?

sorta like s/l's --- no one wants to believe !

gl firewalker ---- pretty simple once you look, huh ??

LOL

mp

Last edited by a moderator:
======================================================================

hey nine,

didnt we have a rousing debate over my showing how to tell which way to bet on news releases ?

sorta like s/l's --- no one wants to believe !

gl firewalker ---- pretty simple once you look, huh ??

LOL

mp

mp

only difference I can see is

1. FW uses 20 pt stops and posts live trades daily with a stop and target mp

2. He does not give the impression that some higher force is at work

3. I have yet to find a dangerous post or idea put forward by FW

3. He speaks plain English ..........& French :)

4. He does not use ZIG ZAGs, coloured lines, instruments or any other such rubbish

"didnt we have a rousing debate over my showing how to tell which way to bet on news releases ?"

YES ............

and it was decided that it was best to move your posts and threads off the new trader boards and put a disclaimer on your posts in Future

Your posts ask other posters and users of the site to just look and see, we have and is it not a better for all if you just pop back to your own thread and mind your own work.

That way mp we can read more of your own original material :cheesy:

Fw feel free to remove or ask for the removal of my post or pm me and I will remove it myself if it knocks thread of course or disrupts it in any way as per mp "s desire :cheesy:

5. He does not use pin bars that sit on some fibbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbby number that when it comes down to it can be a zone a 100 pts wide

6. He does not cherry pick his trades, if he does I have not seen it in any of his posts

think I can find a very good LIVE example :)

Fw feel free to remove or ask for the removal of my post or pm me and I will remove it myself if it knocks thread of course or disrupts it in any way as per mp "s desire :cheesy:[/QUOTE]
==============================================================

no bear, i never complain when confronted because payback is so sweet !

20 point stop loss ???????????????????? OMG !

must work swell with GU !

but thank you for your answer, as usual so succinct and to the point --- we know what i do has no bearing on how you trade, by your own admission and to which we have both agreed -----

i will not defend what i do but my huge honey eating friend, i have responded to a challenge given me and will be putting forth a summary of my trades in one account, over a period of 1.5 months, where the account grew from $50K to $81K with ZERO BAD TRADES --- thats 100% GOOD TRADES with a total of 302 trades, both long and short !
you may indeed find my charts confusing, but ANY part of how i trade is effective, and if you can match my performance, THEN GO AHEAD AND SHOW ME BEAR !

mp
your humble little trader dude with the 100% trading records !

Mp6140, I would appreciate it if your contributions to this thread revolved around the topic at hand, instead of focusing on something irrelevant here. This thread is not out to prove or disproof how good a trader is, nor is it meant to discuss individual strategies or tactics.

It's meant to illustrate a number of concepts which indicate that the truth about the most likely path of the stock market can be found in the chart, without the use nor study of economic fundamentals, news, rumours, etc.

Also, if you believe you have something interesting to contribute, I'd prefer you use no CAPS and no colours. I'd like to keep this thread "neat and tidy" and on-topic.

Thank you for your cooperation.

5. He does not use pin bars that sit on some fibbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbby number that when it comes down to it can be a zone a 100 pts wide

6. He does not cherry pick his trades, if he does I have not seen it in any of his posts

think I can find a very good LIVE example :)
==========================================================

while there is absolutely NO possible negative comment on fibs possible, as its so well proven even blind bears should be able to pick up on it and how prices react to them, and "pin bars" happen to be trader dante's observation (and an extremely good one for the style of trading he produces" (its not mine -- its his and one of the safest and correct systems for any newb to work with)

but to be honest, what is the meaning of CHERRY PICK as applied to trading -- Im not familiar with the term !

mp

It would be good if firewalker is allowed to keep this thread on topic without comments from others who wish to turn it into yet another verbal battle ground. I have no problem with the many battles that are going on elsewhere and I enjoy reading them but it would be good to keep them off this thread as it is, at best, distracting.

Paul

Mp6140, I would appreciate it if your contributions to this thread revolved around the topic at hand, instead of focusing on something irrelevant here. This thread is not out to prove or disproof how good a trader is, nor is it meant to discuss individual strategies or tactics.

my original comment was stating that i was beginning to hear VERY familiar words about news trading -- words i had received a lot of negative comment and disbelief from a number of "bearish" members most especially and was directed towards "nine".

colors are used to differentiate and seperate my words from the original posters words in a direct quote !

It's meant to illustrate a number of concepts which indicate that the truth about the most likely path of the stock market can be found in the chart, without the use nor study of economic fundamentals, news, rumours, etc.

which is precisely what i spent three or four days posting about, and as i remember, you were involved in the thread ---- my statement concerning 100% correct trades was directed towards Bear, who seems to run hot and cold every other day --- perhaps its medication, or athmosphere, or the peruvian figlets so necessary to his diet !

WHAT is unusual though, and i certainly know why, is that you direct your post to me, when in fact it was bears post "slamming me" that i responded to --- lets have some REAL fairness here please !
Also, if you believe you have something interesting to contribute, I'd prefer you use no CAPS and no colours. I'd like to keep this thread "neat and tidy" and on-topic.

mp

You can easily quote people without using colours. See, like I'm doing right now.

If you have already a thread on this matter, I suggest you make one single post here with the link to it, and continue the debate there. Your thread might be interesting, but so far your comments have an unusual amount of personal 'references' which is not what this thread is about. I've asked the mods to move the latest posts over to another thread, including those from blackbear.

Edit: this is the new thread.

Go ahead :)

You can easily quote people without using colours. See, like I'm doing right now.

If you have already a thread on this matter, I suggest you make one single post here with the link to it, and continue the debate there. Your thread might be interesting, but so far your comments have an unusual amount of personal 'references' which is not what this thread is about. I've asked the mods to move the latest posts over to another thread, including those from blackbear.
=========================================================================

you have missed the point, intentionally or not, but completely !

continue, and i shall see what comes forth, but im getting tired of seeing my own words being regurgitated by another on this site, where these words were never heard before and treated as a joke and a challenge to "normal" thought by many --- its always interesting to see how my thoughts and ideas are accepted, simply by being repeated by another !

go ahead, and lets see if a topic, so poo - pooed by others just recently, will be received by those same others because its YOU saying them instead of me !

enjoy

mp

"advisors" sure are testy on this site, aint they ?

Last edited:
========================

you have missed the point, intentionally or not, but completely !

continue, and i shall see what comes forth, but im getting tired of seeing my own words, being regurgitated by another on this site, where these words were never heard before, and treated as a joke by many --- its always interesting to see how my thoughts and ideas are accepted, simply by being repeated by another !

go ahead, and lets see if a topic, so poo - pooed by others just recently, will be received by those same others because its YOU saying them instead of me !

enjoy

mp

"advisors" sure are testy on this site, aint they ?

Most of us are repeating something someone else said long before.
There's nothing necessarily wrong with that.

But afaik, I'm not repeating your words, because - as far as I can remember - I didn't take place in whatever discussion you had on that topic in the past. If you feel so strongly about this, you can post a link to your own thread here so that those who are interested, can see what you're talking about.

You said yourself your first statement was directed towards nine, your second towards blackbear. I prefer if we could talk about the markets, i.e. the chart, and not about each other or how good we are.

The fact that I'm an advisor has nothing to do with my wish to keep a clean thread.

go on punk , make my day, given me enough laughs already 1 more won"t hurt will it

Fw feel free to remove or ask for the removal of my post or pm me and I will remove it myself if it knocks thread of course or disrupts it in any way as per mp "s desire :cheesy:
==============================================================

no bear, i never complain when confronted because payback is so sweet !

20 point stop loss ???????????????????? OMG !

must work swell with GU !

but thank you for your answer, as usual so succinct and to the point --- we know what i do has no bearing on how you trade, by your own admission and to which we have both agreed -----

i will not defend what i do but my huge honey eating friend, i have responded to a challenge given me and will be putting forth a summary of my trades in one account, over a period of 1.5 months, where the account grew from $50K to $81K with ZERO BAD TRADES --- thats 100% GOOD TRADES with a total of 302 trades, both long and short !
you may indeed find my charts confusing, but ANY part of how i trade is effective, and if you can match my performance, THEN GO AHEAD AND SHOW ME BEAR !

mp
your humble little trader dude with the 100% trading records !

mp

lol,, is that humble or bumble, my eyes are not that good :)

"you may indeed find my charts confusing, but ANY part of how i trade is effective, and if you can match my performance, THEN GO AHEAD AND SHOW ME BEAR !"

don"t you ? find your charts confusing :)

I have more Live trades to my name than you mp and I think you will find quite a few reasonable advance trade forecasts for what they are worth which is not a great deal in the real world imho mp. Hence I always make it clear that they are for Fun only and my own personal thoughts and not in any way connected to my trading method.

My trading method and my results are my own business mp, I am more than happy with them and if they continue for lets say another year or two I will be more than qualified to give advice or even write a book on how to trade and have a Broker and my own tax receipts to verify my trading record and results for the period are as claimed.

At the moment they are running at just under 1% per session gain on total acount, so not that bad for a daft weedhopper bear who"s a bit short sighted.

As one the Mods of this site would say................JOG ON ! :cheesy:

Your excellent record = show me = where have you posted it mp :?:

Your live calls = show me = where have you posted them mp :?:

Effective :?::?:

100 % trade record = Bears have an excellent sense of smell = Total BS mp, hell with that track record for long enough(not that long :)) you would have all the money in the world :LOL: F..ckin perfect ...........(n)(n)

If not I would suspect you have deep problems excepting a loser and you are under the mis-guided impression that some higher timeframe trend is aware of your position and cares about mp and his account position and it will run to your rescue every time.

There are a thousand examples of price breaking out following unexpected news, a war etc at what is inconvenient times for traders who hold overnight etc. That would result in you being blown out if you use no stops mp. Other traders would have rushed to the exit driving price, you on the other hand would be some place else, probably with them fantasy sisters of yours a couple of caravans up :)

That bird to use your own words mp ......... would not come home to roost would it :?:

"no bear, i never complain when confronted because payback is so sweet !"

You do nothing but complain mp

payback = :LOL::LOL::LOL: F..ck off ..!. who cares, we are posting a few ideas not starting a war or invading anybody :LOL:

What difference does it make which thread its on or who gets the credit etc as long as its pretty safe, EASY to follow and wrote in plain ENGLISH and somebody stands to gain and learn something :?:

Is that succinct enough for you mp :?:

Your the winner your the winner your the best your the best

the best there as ever been :LOL::LOL::LOL:

You said it 1st mp you win well done,:clap::clap:

Go home and tell mummy, she will be delighted for you :smart::smart::smart::smart:

Latter ..........very very much Latter

oh bear, youre a funny one indeed !

i dont want a fight with you, gentle or not --- i stated many a time our trading methods, styles and timeframes are ver different -- why then get involved with what i say ?

i did get into a snit because this very topic had been discussed to death by me (i think you popped into that one also and actually gave me a rep mark on it) and i have found, as i move around the site, things i say which others didnt like or agree with, suddenly showing up as if they were original thoughts in the minds of many posters !

that tends to tick me off because if i had to put up with the crap being thrown at me for my "different" ideas, than i want the credit for their acceptance and not for another to "suddenly" come up with a revelation !

im not gonna go near all your other questions because theyre of no use and would only create more problems, but i will be posting my results from one of my trading accounts either later today or tomorrow, and youre free to pick 302 trades, split between long and shorts, with no losers, to death !

sure one day one of your "ifs" may come true, but so far they havent and even 9/11 had the market back to normal within a week -- with prices right where they were.

my postings are based on how the market MOVES and WHY and as i see, based on how fast my rep points are building, others believe it also --- because YOU dash in and out of the market (as do i also) dont put down my way of playing longer terms --- my thoughts are to SAVE people from tossing away money, and how you can dislike that is beyond me

You a mod all of a sudden firewalker?

You a mod all of a sudden firewalker?

Bramble, I think you missed the context of this post.

I started a thread this morning, but I wanted to keep the flow strictly on-topic. That's why I made that comment. In the meantime, all the 'off-topic' posts are moved into this thread...

The original thread is here btw: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/31852-all-you-need-chart.html

PS: You don't need to be a moderator to ask for a sensible discussion :) I don't initiate new threads frequently, so when I do, I prefer to keep it on a tight leash.

It would be good if firewalker is allowed to keep this thread on topic without comments from others who wish to turn it into yet another verbal battle ground. I have no problem with the many battles that are going on elsewhere and I enjoy reading them but it would be good to keep them off this thread as it is, at best, distracting.

Paul
Hang on Paul. AFAICS this is mp's thread, so who is anybody else to tell him what is or is not on topic?

If this thread has been hived from some other thread, than we have yet another mess produced out of nothing by inappropriate moderator intervention.

As for firewalkwer's comments can I just reiterate an advisor is just another member and has the same clout as any other member, unless the rules have changed (again) in that last couple of days.

Bramble, I think you missed the context of this post.

I started a thread this morning, but I wanted to keep the flow strictly on-topic. That's why I made that comment. In the meantime, all the 'off-topic' posts are moved into this thread...

The original thread is here btw: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/31852-all-you-need-chart.html

PS: You don't need to be a moderator to ask for a sensible discussion :) I don't initiate new threads frequently, so when I do, I prefer to keep it on a tight leash.
So if this is the off-topic 'bit' why are you here stirring it up. Stay on your own thread with the pristine discussion, surely?

Hang on Paul. AFAICS this is mp's thread, so who is anybody else to tell him what is or is not on topic?

See my previous post, this is not mp's thread...

If this thread has been hived from some other thread, than we have yet another mess produced out of nothing by inappropriate moderator intervention.
I wouldn't exactly call it "inappropriate", I asked intervention from a moderator to help keep the thread clean. Giving the thread originator the right to 'moderate' his own thread might help solve that problem, but I think that has certain implications that we don't want. Besides, there's always the blog for that.

As for firewalkwer's comments can I just reiterate an advisor is just another member and has the same clout as any other member, unless the rules have changed (again) in that last couple of days.

Like I said, I had no means, other than to request intervention from a moderator.
As for being an advisor, you're correct, that gives me no more or no less authority to speak about others. But, as any other member who initiates a thread, I'm reserving the right to ask for a proper discussion, on-topic, without personal attacks.

So if this is the off-topic 'bit' why are you here stirring it up. Stay on your own thread with the pristine discussion, surely?

I'm sorry but you're going on about something you weren't witness off.

I'm not stirring it up 'here', because all of the original posts where made in the original thread, and moved to here later on. Your comments come from an incorrect assumption. No hard feelings, but there's no point going on about it. The moderators did the appropriate thing, swift and correct. It's hardly their fault a topic gets derailed so quickly nowadays.

Besides, why not contribute to the original thread instead of this one? I'm sure you'd find it a whole lot more interesting than this meta-discussion. And it's not a 'pristine discussion', otherwise I could've easily opened a thread in one of the private boards.

one week can be a very long 7 days mp

"im not gonna go near all your other questions because theyre of no use and would only create more problems, but i will be posting my results from one of my trading accounts either later today or tomorrow, and youre free to pick 302 trades, split between long and shorts, with no losers, to death !"

Very wise :) No thanks mp sure they are all very genuine trades

"sure one day one of your "ifs" may come true, but so far they havent and even 9/11 had the market back to normal within a week -- with prices right where they were."

lol, lucky boy, had a very good friend who talked your kind of talk mp............

one week is a very long time imho, was to long for him

just a bit before 9/11

The market took his family business , his house and nearly his Wife mp, It took everything it did not care a jot about what he thought and was going through, it did not care he had limited experience, it did not care about the 30 people that depended on him for a job, it did not care he was a real nice guy

It did not care if he did or did not use a STOP mp

It just does not care mp and that is the point you are missing in some of your posts

That is the only reason for my posts aimed in your direction, the rep pts I have given you were because the posts you made were good posts, I have nothing against you at all = Simple = KISS KISS :)

He was very strong and rebuilt his life, one friend helped and is wife stayed, he fosters children for a living these days and is very happy how its all turned out, I would guess the children he Fosters are very lucky indeed to have a great substitute Dad

It was a bit of an upset for him at the time mp, so mind your posts, not everyone is blessed with the talent you claim to have over the market and the sisters :)

latter

all the best mp

Last edited: