Watch fans

What's your favourite brand of watch - and why?

• Breitling

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • IWC

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Lacroix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Omega

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Patek Philippe

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Panerai

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Rolex

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Rotary

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other - Please state in the thread

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
I like the IWC Da Vinci ..

Me, too! Don't know what it is about it. I guess it is a timeless classic (sorry, couldn't resist the pun). I suppose it is like those gullwing Mercedes or the Ferrari 250GTOs...

Ian and Ninja, if you like the Da Vinci this might be up your street too, the classic Patek Philippe Nautilus:

5712.jpg

5711img1_150.jpg

Designed, by the way, by the same person who designed that other classic, Audemar Piguets Royal Oak:

20030718112719.jpg

51ZFE6FFLGL._AA280_.jpg

ro_time_zone.jpg

Also nice:

Lange & Söhne
590310-720653.jpg

datograph.jpg

Last edited:
Ian and Ninja, if you like the Da Vinci this might be up your street too, the classic Patek Philippe Nautilus:

Nice watches. Unfortunately, financially, my street is more Kingston High Street than Kensington High Street. ;)

Ninja, huge 45 mm diameter, but only 10 mm high...

;)

Oh, ok.

That would look daft on my arm. Side on, at its flattest, my left wrist is 4.5cm thick!

Hehe, that did sound a bit daft the way I put it...

I'm actually not a fan of the fad with these new supersized watches, although I have a slim wrist I find that 36 mm don't center well, 40 mm is perfect harmony, the golden mean, but anything larger than that would just look ridiculous on me. Slim wrists also don't go together with watches that are too high.

Have a nice weekend ;)

In the November issue of GQ Magazine there is quite a comprehensive watch supplement.
Some tasty items on show ....:cool:

:LOL: .
I was browsing watches the other day whilst waiting to meet someone and I could hardly contain myself when I saw CASIO has a RADIO CONTROLLED range of watches! :D :D
I never knew this!

I can't make up my mind yet, but this one is on the wish list.

http://www.casio.co.uk/Products/Watches/Wave Ceptor/MTG-900DU-2VER/Main Features/

Mt first thought was that "it's bloody amazing what technology can do"

My second thought was "just think how much my watch being inaccurate by one second has ruined my life".....or something like that:LOL:

Good though.

UTB

I was browsing watches the other day whilst waiting to meet someone and I could hardly contain myself when I saw CASIO has a RADIO CONTROLLED range of watches! :D :D
I never knew this!

I can't make up my mind yet, but this one is on the wish list.

http://www.casio.co.uk/Products/Watches/Wave Ceptor/MTG-900DU-2VER/Main Features/

Well I finally got my watch. It arrived Wednesday 17/10/2007 at precisely 11:56:07 and I am extremely pleased with it. It’s quite a robust device.
The time now is precisely 12:41:27
I will tell you precisely what the time is, but don’t expect me to tell you precisely how to trade..:LOL: