Traders meet-up (central London)

Kids are Ill and the wife needs a break so I am going to have to drop out. But desperate to meet everybody at some point so looking for to the next one.

my god, its a good job its a weekend or there would be no traders left in central london to trade by the looks of it :cheesy: :cheesy:

Yes, all that beer and testosterone. It should be interesting.

BTW, I am not making a huge speech. I am only there just in case that bloke with the Holy Grail turns up. What's his name. Oh, that's it, Darren Winters.

Good to meet people today, and put some faces to names - BBB, Twalker, Stoploss, bbmac, bgold etc.

Thanks to bbmac and stoploss for organising said do. As I said, if the next meeting can be in Cambridge that'd be much appreciated :cheesy:

Thanks to bbmac and stoploss for organizing the meet-up; it was good to meet everyone, share experiences and ideas. A really good way to spend a Saturday afternoon. :)

I am looking forward to the workshops.

C.

It was good to meet you guys. There will be many more such events in the future I hope.

As for the US indexes focus group. Can you guys pencil in the 10 and 17 April for possible dates.

This meeting will focus on pulling together strategies. It will be an all day brainstormer that will meet once a month. I will get Sharky to post it on the events diary once I have a definite date.

Thanks for yesterday gents, in particular Andy & Stewart for organising, had an enjoyable afternoon, lil' bit of a headache today though.

Stewart and Andy, Thank you, and well done for the time and effort spent in arranging Saturday's meeting, I enjoyed it very much and am look forward to the next one, plus the up and coming workshops, good to meet other
traders too, it reaffirms that I know absolutely zero !!
about trading, I can only increase my knowedge........thank you all

Traders Meeting

Hi

Yes I would be keen to meet like minded traders.

I am more or less a full time trader, trading mainly futures on Dow and also US Options.

I have just returned from attending the New York Traders Expo.

I awit details/info of your next meeting

Hi fellow traders

Thank you to all who attended the First full Daytraders Meeting at Jamies Bar on Saturday. Andy and I will be posting details of the monthly meetings here and will message/email those for whom we have those details. Next Monthly Meeting will be late April.

In the meantime Andy will be organising a 'workshop' day for e-mini traders for those who are or are interested in trading the e-minis, (possible dates April 10th or 17th to be confirmed by andy.)

I will be organising a Forex trading workshop for sometime in early in May and again experienced traders and interested parties are welcome.

We will have to limit numbers to say 10/12 max for these workshops as space is limited unless we can organise an alternative venue to the one that Andy is able to kindly provide which is more condusive to a 'workshop' than the venue we will book for our regular monthly meetings.

The aim of the workshops is to brainstorm trading strategies and methodologies/share experiences/knowledge etc and generally improve our trading. Can I suggest a nominal cover charge of £5 each paid to whoever is hosting the workshop in order to cover refreshments etc. (beverages/snacks etc...)

So if anyone is up for hosting/chairing a workshop of their own please get in touch with either Andy (stoploss please) or me - Stewart (bbmac ) via email or private message and we will assist.

Thats it for Now,

Thanks again,

Stewart
(bbmac)

Hi Fellow Traders,

Just a quick note to let you know that the next London Traders' meeting is likely to be Saturday 24th April 2004 at 2pm. Andy (stoploss please) is also likely to hold his Emini Trading Workshop on the same day, in the morning. prior to the main meeting.

We will firm these arrangements up with more details later this month. We also hope to have a guest speaker and a different central venue.

Finally, the forex trading workshop will be firmed up for a date in early-mid May. we will be inviting others to chair other workshops such as TA etc..... as the year progresses.

best for now,

BBmac.

Last edited:
Hi all

Sorry for not coming back to you sooner on the US Markets course. Been a bit tied up with family issues.

The US Markets Work shop is going to happen on the 24/04/.

We are looking at between 10 to 15 people. It is not a training course but a place you can brainstorm ideas and strategies.

It is open to all levels of experience however I would encourage pro traders to come along as this will help create a balanced group.

As we are also having the second T2W social on the same day the US Markets Group will have to be an early start. I am looking at 10.30am for the Work Shop and 2.30pm for the social.

The social venue has not been fixed yet. I tried the Barley Mow in Mayfair but they are booked. Thinking about Jamies Bar again but this time in one of their private rooms. If anyone else has any ideas, give me a shout.

I will give Sharky the details for the venues by tomorrow so that he can post them in the events diary. In the mean time, whoever wants to come to the Work Shop, can they please contact me on [email protected]

Andy