Watch fans

What's your favourite brand of watch - and why?

• Breitling

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • IWC

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Lacroix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Omega

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Patek Philippe

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Panerai

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Rolex

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Rotary

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other - Please state in the thread

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
Iwc

I have a IWC Mark XVI (after I emptied my piggybank). I have a military background and it is a practical watch with history. Unfortunately it doesn't impress the ladyeez much as it is not flash or bling but it is also not likely to be "relieved" from me by a scrote with a knife (unless they are are a discerning watch fan - mind you if they have a knife they can have it anyway).

I am saving up for a IWC Portofino automatic - this might take some time based on my current trading.

Anyone got a Da Vinci??

laters,

Swiss

For those of you who like interesting watches...
Werners Flying Watches, aviation watches, aristo web watches, wenger watches, seiko watches, elysee watches

368.jpg

Well, I'm not really talking about watches as necessarily a way to tell the time, more as an appreciation of the piece itself. I know that mine costs a lot more but gives the same information as a £5 watch bought in the street but that's not what it's about to me.

I agree with you. I know some people who have a system (belive it or not) to what watch they wear and when. Same as thier shoes, suit, shirts....whatever. It's all to do with balance of style and price and occasion. Very fruedian.

:)
i recently bought a Paneria 114, love the simple design and looks of the watch, and the fact it's so easy to change the strap to suit anything you wear ( the big girl i am:cheesy:) only down side it's hand wind - and i am lazy and it's loud, i can hear the ticking from a good few feet away.

From their site and timezone, those are some seriously BIG watches hehe:

panerai_image.609376.jpg

panerai_image.609306.jpg

Panerai_18k_Solid_Gold_Pam_140_Men_s_Wrist_Watch_44mm.jpg

57732e61.jpg

e937c652.jpg

DSC_9597.jpg

For swissy, the IWC fan.

Last edited:
I am looking to buy a watch for a trader friend of mine but unsure what to go for. He's a bit of an east end lad who drinks A LOT. Hard to know what he would like. Upto about £500. Any ideas ?

I am looking to buy a watch for a trader friend of mine but unsure what to go for. He's a bit of an east end lad who drinks A LOT. Hard to know what he would like. Upto about £500. Any ideas ?

How about something very very nice 2nd hand like an Omega Seamaster:

o_OMEGA_SEA-MASTER_SWISS_ETA_AUTO_2824-2_(26).JPG

Omega-Seamaster-2531.jpg

smp7.jpg

smp11.jpg

smp3.jpg

smp12.jpg

Read this write-up:

Omega Seamaster Professional Review Model 2254.50.00

Will probably set you back a bit more than what you had planned, but even when you're looking for a second hand watch brands will simply set you back more, but a watch like this is worth it and can last a whole life time.

Have a browse here:

Omega Seamaster Professional Wristwatch for sale - GBP 686 - Chrono24.com

Reactions: ian
Nice. But if he's "a bit of an east end lad" then he'd probably be easily won over with bling. Those watches don't have enough dials. Need more dials! Try a quartz Tag.