Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
went short 4479 target 4461, osc divn the 10 TF which i hope will have an effect

i have 4482 as the top of a diamond

I am now short FTSE 4078 .......stop loss 4500

scalp 20- 30

this is going nowhere fast and has potential to reverse as oil just seems to be going northwards

I will amend stop to break even and see what materialises

S&P 952 .............area is what I am watching today!!

breach of that and we are off to the races ...........

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (10-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (10-JUN-09).png
    22.3 KB · Views: 123
Hi WS,

Oil is approaching a big resistance area at about 7172, it's failed to reach there so could be due for a pullback, maybe to around 7060?

Daily chart looks like a "rounding bottom" reversal. (StockCharts.com - ChartSchool - Rounding Bottom (Reversal))
They really need to come up with better names for these patterns :cheesy:

Attachments

• oil1.jpg
    oil1.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 118
  • oildaily.jpg
    oildaily.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 117
FTSE100 - No signals have been made - no trades this morning.

There was a re-confirmation of trend at RL2 >>(4470) - Entry at 4478, exit at 4488) for me to enter but I did not take and even if I took it - trade would still be open; for it to hit 10pips target.. Just going to nip out

this is going nowhere fast and has potential to reverse as oil just seems to be going northwards

I will amend stop to break even and see what materialises

S&P 952 .............area is what I am watching today!!

breach of that and we are off to the races ...........

Yes very important level WALLSTREET! just touching on it now, if we break what sort of levels do you think we can hit?

Alex

I went in at 4464 on the Daily Future. There has been no sign of a reversal this morning, just a resting period. Not much money made, though, but no reason to sell.

My triangle broke on the hourly chart but the 4 hourly no.

I try not to think of what might happen when I enter. Exiting with profits is something else. I am moving my stop up behind.

I went in at 4464 on the Daily Future. There has been no sign of a reversal this morning, just a resting period. Not much money made, though, but no reason to sell.

My triangle broke on the hourly chart but the 4 hourly no.

I try not to think of what might happen when I enter. Exiting with profits is something else. I am moving my stop up behind.

Nice entry and a good display of nerves, Split.

I thought far too much of what might happen and got out when, as you say, there was absolutely no sign of a reversal. Its hard struggling against recent experience of these trendlines in the triangle holding and going against whats in front of you right now, today.

4524 May 7 high, when all this triangle malarkey began. We are stepping out on the 4H now.

Hi all, we've failed to close a 1hr or 4hr candle above 4515 on the past three attempts, another failure and I might look to take a short (If we breach above that level, and fail to stay there).

ETA: That said, there is a lot of upward momentum straight into that level, so might just stay on the sidelines until we get a really clear direction (above 4500 or below 4300)

Nice entry and a good display of nerves, Split.

I thought far too much of what might happen and got out when, as you say, there was absolutely no sign of a reversal. Its hard struggling against recent experience of these trendlines in the triangle holding and going against whats in front of you right now, today.

4524 May 7 high, when all this triangle malarkey began. We are stepping out on the 4H now.

Hi lapalabra,

Hope that you are doing well. I saw the triangles but am not much good at using them so just do the trend thing. I can never tell what is going to happen with a triangle but the direction? That is, really, useful information! All signals work if you've got that right.
I mentioned that, yesterday, on another thread.

Hi lapalabra,

Hope that you are doing well. I saw the triangles but am not much good at using them so just do the trend thing. I can never tell what is going to happen with a triangle but the direction? That is, really, useful information! All signals work if you've got that right.
I mentioned that, yesterday, on another thread.

I don't mean knowing what is going to happen with triangles or chart patterns necessarily, but knowing the key levels on the higher TFS. Understanding the trendlines narrowing until today from the past month on the dailies have been illuminating for me.

Between these key levels, that is when 'the trend thing' to give direction is - I agree - a consistent way to take the significant moves. As you've always said, as its taken (read: cost) me a lot to truly appreciate!

for anyone who would like to know or create a candlestick pattern chart in excel you might find this template useful..

all i need now is to digitilize the CS graph data into digital data..without typing each o/h/l/c

ideas welcome..

Attachments

• japanese-candle-stick-chart.xls
    47 KB · Views: 287
marc ostwald/ the bond strategist saying on bloomberg that there is no real problem today on the 10 year auction.as yields approach 4 %.
tomorrow could be a problem on the 30 year auction

Status
Not open for further replies.