Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
range getting constricted.which way will it break

So constricted.

This narrowing triangle has become so tight to >60 points now since we first breached 4500 on 7MAY- its been very profitable buying these lower/higher levels on the daily trendlines after the triple top for the last couple of days but dangerous from here on in I think.

A break either way will put an end to this range of the last month - its going to be very very interesting.

Which way will it break tomorrow

I personally think the downside........but i must not fall into the trap of trading my opinion!!

can oil sustain its rise past $70?

will the US dollar weaken further, and can EUR/ GBp stregthen further?

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (08-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (08-JUN-09).png
    22.2 KB · Views: 110
I am short oil $70.45 ...stop loss $70.70

target $70.2 / $70

range is getting tighter ..............

Attachments

• US Light Crude (JUL-09).png
    US Light Crude (JUL-09).png
    19.1 KB · Views: 121
posted testerday by carley garner

Posted by: carleygarner
On: 09-06-2009 10:06 PM

June 9th, 2009

Visit our websites to register for our upcoming FREE online seminar, Trade Like a Girl: How to Deleverage your Trading with Synthetic Options and Common Sense

Quiet trade despite auction

In the past I have always viewed the Treasury markets as being somewhat rational relative to the other financial markets. However, in the last 9 to 12 months I have retracted that opinion. As it turns out, Treasury traders are just as prone to panic as any other; we saw it on the way up in late 2008 and again on the way down in the most recent months. Accordingly, I have become increasingly suspect in regards to the directionless trade witnessed in the previous few sessions. With near chaos in the currency and commodity markets I can't help but feel the tension in bond trade building.

The 3-year note auction went better than expected but the market's reaction was highly reserved. Contracts representing the short end of the curve caught a bit of a bid but the long bond gave up the day's gains on the news. Apparently the news wasn't good enough. Most traders looked at today's auction as a speed bump in the road to get to the reopened 10's and 30's set to be issued tomorrow and the next day. Volume has tapered in recent days but could pick up again in light of the upcoming auctions.

Looking at Treasuries on a long-term basis, we are approaching a seasonal low and massive numbers of short traders will eventually fuel a short covering rally that could be surprisingly sharp. However, the trend is clearly down and the market has yet to find a catalyst to squeeze the bears enough to deter a sell on rallies mentality. This makes for a tough climate to be a directional trader.

We are looking for support in the 30-year bond near 112'07 then again at 111'20. The 10-year note should hold above 112'18 even in the case of an auction gone bad

long 4454 closed for +13 pts gain

which is a shame, didn't think it would keep blasting through res levels.

FTSE +60 , i have feeling ftse will move into negative territory

US data at 1.30 bst, international trade, anyone trading this

Trading the Bobl auction at 10 so if i'm up i'll be a trading then!

Anyone think the FTSE will hit the 4500 level today?

Possible breakout strategy can be used for those who trade FTSE futures.

Attachments

• FTSE Breakout.bmp
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
barclays very weak today ............cant get past 300

Legal and general stuck in 60- 66 range and can't go up any further

Status
Not open for further replies.