T2W Forex Contest - Week 3

Bad boy Timsk - you will be punished by the market! Very badly spanked you will. :clap:

Thanks for the warning Atilla - very thoughtful of you to alert me of the danger. Just closed my position for +273 before it tanks!
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Changed name to #3 again and I'm below the basement...

Check out my stops before you throw abuse at me... Then you may throw measured abuse... :p

Thanks for the warning Atilla - very thoughtful of you to alert me of the danger. Just closed my position for +273 before it tanks!
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Good trade Timsk - well done for holding on... (y)

I guess it's all about time frame and managing trades and risks. But as you have a staff badge - I would like to hold you solely responsible for my stops not working...

It's a fix. And I'm not talking about the bugs... :p

About the stops issue Atilla, can you pm me with all the info about that, it'll help us to investigate it. Thanks!

. . .But as you have a staff badge - I would like to hold you solely responsible for my stops not working...

It's a fix. And I'm not talking about the bugs... :p
Hi Atilla,
If I was capable of pulling a stunt like that - I wouldn't hesitate! However, sadly, my technical skills are so woeful that that there's just no way I could do it even if I had step-by-step manual explaining how!
Tim.
PS. Now short EUR/USD with 5 lots - goin' for a home run!

About the stops issue Atilla, can you pm me with all the info about that, it'll help us to investigate it. Thanks!

Hi Sharky,

Last week when entering trade - I placed stopped and limits at the same time as trades. This worked fine.

This week my trades have been gun-ho where I have entereed trades
1. With no stops or limits
2. With stops but no limits
3. Amended stops after entering trade
4. Amended limits after entering trade
5. Not sure if this is significant - once or twice I got muddled and placed incorrect stops and limits and found system does not do any error checking. Screen refreshes - I look for my entry and can not find it.

I'm making the assumption I placed stops below price in wrong direction but I could be wrong. Point is no error checking to tell me my stop or limit is invalid but system refreshes and one has to look to check.

Then - perhaps it was after these events that subsequent stops or limits are not correctly set.

I hope I've explained it sufficiently and it makes sense. Let me know otherwise.

Many thanks,

:)

Hi Atilla,
If I was capable of pulling a stunt like that - I wouldn't hesitate! However, sadly, my technical skills are so woeful that that there's just no way I could do it even if I had step-by-step manual explaining how!
Tim.
PS. Now short EUR/USD with 5 lots - goin' for a home run!

Timy Timy Tim Tim, Mr Teflon that you are :D

It is all about problem ownership and customer satisfaction. You can't disown issues like that... ;)

All I know is - I lost $10K and you made it. My stops aren't working. :cry: :( :eek: :eek: :sick:

Take the Kindle see if I care... :p
I was going to buy a 3G one soon - anyway...

Good trading to you squire... (y)

Day 2 of the contest and the leaderboard is looking as so:

Tues.jpg

Yes...it looks like the same problem atilla is having....sept I can get direction right :devilish:

Looks like Sharky is aware of the issue.

I'm coming off the bottom soon guys - watch your backs... Recovered 2K...

I may be pissed on and broke but watch for this space... ;)

I've got Lightening McQueen & Barjon in my sights... :rambo:

Sharky,
On the bug front, I renamed my account from 'timsk Comp #3' to 'XtremeRisk #3' and it appeared and all looked fine. That was yesterday. Today, it's reverted back to the original name. Not that it matters - just thought I'd mention it in passing.

On a separate note (and just to prove to Atilla what a complete luddite I am), I can't suss out how to place either a stop loss or take profit limit order! Some destructions would be helpful!
;)
Tim.

Sharky,
On the bug front, I renamed my account from 'timsk Comp #3' to 'XtremeRisk #3' and it appeared and all looked fine. That was yesterday. Today, it's reverted back to the original name. Not that it matters - just thought I'd mention it in passing.

On a separate note (and just to prove to Atilla what a complete luddite I am), I can't suss out how to place either a stop loss or take profit limit order! Some destructions would be helpful!
;)
Tim.

Hi Tim,

Just checked since you've pointed out - no Stops or Limits. That's brave going commando... The naked trader :LOL:

Also noticed the profit column - Enhancements flowing... Nice. (y)

Hi Tim,

Just checked since you've pointed out - no Stops or Limits. That's brave going commando... The naked trader :LOL:

Also noticed the profit column - Enhancements flowing... Nice. (y)

Hi Atilla,
Thanks for the compliments but, sadly, I don't deserve them. I'm only going commando 'cos I can't work out how to place stops!. Also, I'm bottom fishing USD/CAD, so I could easily blow up by the end of the day!
:p
Tim.

I have problem with the server and mt4 connection, I could place trade but couldn't place sl as well as tp. In order to close the trade, I have to go to server and manually close, but right now, server say "Oops, something went wrong..."

well, if the trade turns from winner to loser, would be really annoying :(

Last edited:
since I couldn't close, can I say that I would close here... currently @
Symbol Created Side Quantity Open Close Stop Limit Profit Roll Action
EUR/USD 31/05/2011 21:42:09 sell 1.44048 1.43831 0.00000 0.00000 $1,648.00 0.00 Close

Yes...it looks like the same problem atilla is having....sept I can get direction right :devilish:

Looks like Sharky is aware of the issue.

Can everyone report any problems with stops and limits on this thread. Ideally keep the position and the stops/limits open so we can take a look (you can pm me to speed things up).

Sharky,

;)
Tim.

So, this bug should be fixed as of today, if anyone has the problem again please let us know.

Hi Atilla,
Thanks for the compliments but, sadly, I don't deserve them. I'm only going commando 'cos I can't work out how to place stops!. Also, I'm bottom fishing USD/CAD, so I could easily blow up by the end of the day!
:p
Tim.

We'll definitely overhaul the way you place stops/limit, it confuses me too!

I have problem with the server and mt4 connection, I could place trade but couldn't place sl as well as tp. In order to close the trade, I have to go to server and manually close, but right now, server say "Oops, something went wrong..."

well, if the trade turns from winner to loser, would be really annoying :(

Okay thanks, we're investigating this, please leave it open for now. There hasn't been too many players using MT4 so far, so it's going to be useful to get your feedback. When you placed the trade in MT, it wouldn't let you place the SL and TP? Or did you try after placing the trade? Would it not let you close the position in MT4?

since I couldn't close, can I say that I would close here... currently @
Symbol Created Side Quantity Open Close Stop Limit Profit Roll Action
EUR/USD 31/05/2011 21:42:09 sell 1.44048 1.43831 0.00000 0.00000 $1,648.00 0.00 Close

If you go to your account overview page on ForexDesk here:
https://www.forexdesk.com/traders/duyk20/accounts/118
The click the the "Trade" tab you can close the position here. I think it's down about $300 since you posted. So if it comes to a nail biting finish will take that different into account.