T2W Forex Contest - Week 6

I'm sure I'd be able to increase my account by as much as $1 this week if I could get it working. Do you need to install a separate MT4, because at the moment mine won't log in?

glens the man on that stuff if you want to trade through mt4, i can't get it to work even though he was good enough to take time to help. just have to enter your trades manually in the fxdesk platform thats what most are doing i believe.

glens the man on that stuff if you want to trade through mt4, i can't get it to work even though he was good enough to take time to help. just have to enter your trades manually in the fxdesk platform thats what most are doing i believe.

OK, thanks. Pleased I'm not just totally stupid. I opened a more or less random position directly on the platform, but it's far too much like hard work trying to trade that way.

Well, I got all confused and lost my shirt. The spread was ridiculous and the price didn't move like it did on Oanda where I plot my charts from. The execution was slow and I couldn't see what was happening and ended up placing loads of erroneous orders. Not a good start.

At last a winning trade. The price lagged like a biatch compared to Oanda's. It's going to take me awhile to climatize to this demo account.

I'm sure I'd be able to increase my account by as much as $1 this week if I could get it working. Do you need to install a separate MT4, because at the moment mine won't log in?

Hey Ross, tell me how far you got in the process..

1 thing, open a chart, like EURUSD, and plot the EA ( FXtradeMonitor) onto that chart, with the password and system ID yo get from FXDesk, on the left side of the trade page. Im sure you did that, and set the other setting to 1, not sure what it is without reloading.

Then attach YOUR EA to the charts you want followed.

Let me know buddy, we will get this figured out for ya. I also find it usefull to close your MT4 after loading up the FXmonitor, then restart it.

I don't understand why when I want to close a position, I have to use 2 close buttons. The platform suffers from wuzziness and cost me pips. I see profit on the first close button. By the time I scroll down to the second close button, the profit had turned into a loss. This system is not suitable for real time trading, and should target the pensioner stock and shares buyers, who like it a bit slower.

yeah, really, its more for longer holds, almost impossible to scalp, you have to already be on the tab, and watching the numbers. Use FXCM platform, as they run about the closest numbers link-up.. have them over lapping, and finger ready to close, cuts the time down.

IG index offers better spread on EUR/USD for SB and their prices correlates more or less exactly with Alpari's MT4 that I was using previously.

With this, I am trading blind and the price does not correlate with my charts from Oanda.

its the hardestr part to over come with this contest.. I crush it on MT4, and be positive in profit, but then over at FXdesk, Im negative, usually a 10-15 pip lag somethimes,

owell

Yes, there were some nice chunky moves. I was just thinking of going back to IG. But I resisted the temptation. I will have some fun once my Oanda account is open.

I am conceding defeat. I trade using 1 minute charts. So small differences in the price is pretty critical. Because the price lags my charts, I could never work out at what price I am entering a trade. Also the P/L on trade closing is a bit funny. It shows a profit on the screen. Then when I close it, It ends up being a loss.

Well best of luck to you all. May the best man win.

I am conceding defeat. I trade using 1 minute charts. So small differences in the price is pretty critical. Because the price lags my charts, I could never work out at what price I am entering a trade. Also the P/L on trade closing is a bit funny. It shows a profit on the screen. Then when I close it, It ends up being a loss.

Well best of luck to you all. May the best man win.

joe! don't give up so soon! i also trade off 1 min charts, i just popped in a quick one before the school run, follow glens advice on platforms he posted in thread, use fxcm mt4 its fine, works together great, well it would do wouldn't it its same feed, don't worry about your losses so far, just concentrate from here on in, ok.

Haha hehe haha,

Just saw this and it put a smile on my face... :)

hoodooyouthinkyouare#7 redart 0 weeks $50,000.00 -17.5 -$175.00

Good one Redart - as I'm sure he is watching...

Waiting for his opportunity for us to fail miserably so he can play his invisible - secret - trumpet, which makes a lot of noise but no one can hear.

Hey Ross, tell me how far you got in the process..

1 thing, open a chart, like EURUSD, and plot the EA ( FXtradeMonitor) onto that chart, with the password and system ID yo get from FXDesk, on the left side of the trade page. Im sure you did that, and set the other setting to 1, not sure what it is without reloading.

Then attach YOUR EA to the charts you want followed.

Let me know buddy, we will get this figured out for ya. I also find it usefull to close your MT4 after loading up the FXmonitor, then restart it.

Thanks for the suggestions, but having previously had problems with two MT4s on the same computer, I think I'll just stick to the direct trading.