T2W Forex Contest - Week 4

Do orders with no stop or target automatically close?
I just sold short 8 lots @1.6366 and it closed me off with a $600 loss. -60 pips. That couldn't have been a margin call.

I think my average win : average loss ratio may have have suffered something of a set back. I guess I won't be hoiking this account around the prop shops. Oh well . . .

So, with a day 'n a bit to go - who thinks I can finish in the top 3 with a starting balance of $47, 563.90? Anyone willing to back me? Atilla - me ol' mate - how about you?
:LOL:

I think my average win : average loss ratio may have have suffered something of a set back. I guess I won't be hoiking this account around the prop shops. Oh well . . .

So, with a day 'n a bit to go - who thinks I can finish in the top 3 with a starting balance of $47, 563.90? Anyone willing to back me? Atilla - me ol' mate - how about you?
:LOL:

All the good and bad news out there now...

No further big news tomorrow. :whistling

Your chances are dependant on everybody else getting greedy and blowing up. I'm not a gambling man so sorry old boy no can do :cheesy:

This is what I found to win the prize everybody risks big time only to make it big or fail. I'm going for consistency but sometimes I too yield to the power of the dark side.
Get rich quick or die blowing up accounts... :LOL:

I will have my day one day or another though. Perhaps when the monthly competitions start.

We've fixed the two major issues with the MT4 integration. Namely the issue that prevented you from removing a SL/TP, as well as removing the anti-hedging requirement which caused lots of problems with opening of positions. I've attached the updated EA for those who'd like to try the MT4 integration. We still need to update the instructions, so I only suggest someone try this if you've already got it working in MT4 with the old EA.

Attachments

• FDMTEA.zip
    334.8 KB · Views: 126
:cool: Showing Off :cool:

Attachments

• Showing_Off.GIF
    Showing_Off.GIF
    29.7 KB · Views: 200
It's the final update of the competition leaderboard before the winner of the Kindle is announced tomorrow. Today, Gordon Gekko leapfrogged into 1st place, a cat's whisker ahead of Superspurs, who moves into 2nd place ahead of mk31970. It appears we have another photo finish to the week.

week 4 - fri.jpg

Good trading! :clover:

Whoa! Superspurs - what happened?
With just a few hours to the finish line, I can see the need to take some risk and go for glory - but you appear to have taken a leaf out of my book!

Looking at EUR/USD, I can see that it looks clobbered and that a pullback / reversal is probable in the near future. But you opened your 1st position while it was still tanking. Given your stella performance thus far (and in previous comp's), I'm curious to know what your thinking is / was when you entered this trade? Anyway - well done and I admire your 'go for broke' approach.
(y)
Tim.

This is what happens when you don,t have stops,sooner or later,you will get your **** handed to you on a plate.:rolleyes:

First entry if i can remember was just above the triple bottom on a 5m chart,wasn,t sure so saved some powder to average in.The rest is history.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Gordon Gekko who wins (again!) the prize of a Kindle eBook reader! He finished with a profit of $16,960.94 on a starting balance of $50,000.00. Check out how he did it. Commiserations to mk31970 and Superspurs, who fought a very close contest and narrowly missed out on the top spot.

The full results from this week's contest are as follows:

Week 4 - Winner.jpg

The new Week 5 contest kicks off tomorrow night (Sunday) at 6pm ET, 11pm BST. We'll be announcing the prize shortly.

To participate in next week's contest, head over now to the ForexDesk Sign Up page, use the invite code: "T2WCOMP" and register with the same username you use on T2W. Once you're logged in create a new practice account, making sure you add "#5" to the name. Now you're all set for the start of tomorrow night's contest.

Some great trading this week - thought mk31970 had done enough on Thurs night, then Superspurs overtook him, but he made one bad trade friday pm and got punished. I see Atilla has moved up the rankings this week - well done (y)

Hi guys,

I know competition is over for Week #4 but one of my entry orders got hit and I'm up

https://www.forexdesk.com/traders/Atilla/accounts/167

14/06/2011 02:24:48 14/06/2011 06:48:56 USD/CHF Buy 2 0.83494 0.83753 51.8 $618.49 0.00

How cool is that for the first catch of the day?

I'm going to change my name to the Fisherman! :)