T2W Forex Contest - Week 4

Yeah that should be easy to do. So would you want the list of closed positions from your account?

Hot tip folks . . .
My USD/CHF short is a little off-side to the tune of $5k or so. Being the pro' trader that I am, I'm now in 'hope' and 'pray' mode! Anyway, the hot tip is to go short now(ish) as price is seriously overcooked on the shorter timeframes, and has recently touched a major resistance level around 0.8383. If I escape at B/E (as I expect to do by this time tomorrow at the latest), you'll be $5k up.

I should charge for tips this good - ignore me at your peril.
:LOL:

Hot tip folks . . .
My USD/CHF short is a little off-side to the tune of $5k or so. Being the pro' trader that I am, I'm now in 'hope' and 'pray' mode! Anyway, the hot tip is to go short now(ish) as price is seriously overcooked on the shorter timeframes, and has recently touched a major resistance level around 0.8383. If I escape at B/E (as I expect to do by this time tomorrow at the latest), you'll be $5k up.

based on 15min tf I've shorted it...

On longer TF it is an upside break-out to me...

Last edited:
Hot tip folks . . .

If it's any consolation Tim I've been long since 13:15 (BST) and came out at 8383 8 minutes ago.

Doubting Thomas' eh!
Mark my words, 0.8391 is the swing high and it's started to reverse already. Don't miss the boat. This time tomorrow (if not before), it'll be making a triple botty around 0.8329 and I'll be back in the top 3 on the leaderboard!
:p

Actually, it's probably a good job I've come unstuck on this trade, as I was starting to think this forex lark is a piece of cake!

If it's any consolation Tim I've been long since 13:15 (BST) and came out at 8383 8 minutes ago.
Nice one Tony.
So, am I right in thinking that you're a breakout trader following a weak pishy pullback? (Okay, I'm sure it's a tad more sophisticated than that, lol!)
Tim.

Nice one Tony.
So, am I right in thinking that you're a breakout trader following a weak pishy pullback? (Okay, I'm sure it's a tad more sophisticated than that, lol!)
Tim.
Nothing even as fancy as that mate. I just fade you.

Nice one Tony.
Tim.

On a serious note, no. A Breakout trader would probably have waited for the 8360 level to get busted.

It's a lot to do with the price moving more than it has been. Which is also a lot to do with why I got out when I got out. It stopped moving as much as it had been.

Plus another member introduced me today to a wicked double MA X-Over system...

I've got no idea where this one's headed next so good luck.

I also feel the action currently favours the upside, but not enough for me to be in at the moment.

Oh, cheers C_V. Kick a man while he's down why don't you!
For the record, I think you're right, but not before making new a higher low (preferably lower than 0.8347!)
;)

Ok I've tried to call in some favours for ya, but they all kept saying Tim who ? :LOL:

If you're participating in this week's contest, then please let me know if stops/limits are working as expected. I'm hoping the answer will be a resounding 'Yes!'. Thanks everyone.

If you're participating in this week's contest, then please let me know if stops/limits are working as expected. I'm hoping the answer will be a resounding 'Yes!'. Thanks everyone.

Paul,
I've just done a little test and I think it's okay. However, I've added a limit close on my 2 USD/CHF shorts - both are 6 lots - and I wasn't offered the option of how many lots I wanted to close. It appears this facility is only available with market orders. Is this correct - or am I being really, really stupid? Again!
Tim.

based on 15min tf I've shorted it...

I think you owe me a drink. Or six.
Coming into an area of potential support, so you might want to take some profits off the table. Oh yeah, how come you were only short 4 lots?
Wimp!