T2W Forex Contest - Week 4

I think you owe me a drink. Or six.
Coming into an area of potential support, so you might want to take some profits off the table. Oh yeah, how come you were only short 4 lots?
Wimp!
:LOL:

Shouldn't that be Hun ? :cheesy:

I think you owe me a drink. Or six.
Coming into an area of potential support, so you might want to take some profits off the table. Oh yeah, how come you were only short 4 lots?
Wimp!
:LOL:

Whoooaaaaaaa! :LOL:

Yes I owe you couple of pints at least matey...

But I went in with all canons but simply put a limit at .83650 for 5 lots and the other 4 at 83550.

CV, I even closed my cable which lost -850 to add full lots to USDCHF. There is the Hun for you.

Anyway - check again if you must but 5 lots closed at 83641 set limit. :)

Perfect call well done Timsk. However, I should point out it was the text book style price crossing over MAs and MACD indicating congestion and a turn on 15min charts that made the entry.

There is more to you than meets the eye Timsk... (y)

I can also confirm entry limits and stops as well as Stops / Limits seem to be all working mighty fine... :)

Bramble, why you no short the mutha'???

Last edited:
timsk, next time u makin a good call like that I want a piece of the action.

@ sharky: stops and limits have been changing nicely, but I haven't let any of them get hit yet tho.

Excellent! It's great to hear stops and limits appear to be working fine now =)

Yeah, you got a margin call, as you can see from your latest activity on your accounts page here:
https://www.forexdesk.com/traders/Superspurs/accounts/165

As soon as your usable margin goes below 0% on that page, you're position gets automatically closed.

Superspurs was margin called on account superspurs#4 - 13 minutes ago
Superspurs opened Position 10 lots EURUSD (sell, Open) -19 minutes ago

Sure, click Close for the order, then on the next page change order type to Stop/Limit Close and update it there. I know it's a horrible way to do it, but we're going to make it much more intuitive soon.

Today's update of the competition leaderboard sees mk31970 move ahead of Gordon Gekko into 1st place, closely followed by fast rising Superspurs and duyk20.

weds.jpg

Good trading! :clover:

bit of a battle for that 4th spot all day eh tim. lol
Yes indeed, well done to you - you've won that contest!

My disastrous USD/CHF trade just goes on and on. Price hit my B/E and take profit target @ 0.83470 three times today on the 10 min' chart (ProRealTime) But that's the low of the day and it didn't trigger the FD limit orders. I couldn't believe it!

Hey-ho, tomorrow is another day.
Tim.

Yes indeed, well done to you - you've won that contest!

My disastrous USD/CHF trade just goes on and on. Price hit my B/E and take profit target @ 0.83470 three times today on the 10 min' chart (ProRealTime) But that's the low of the day and it didn't trigger the FD limit orders. I couldn't believe it!

Hey-ho, tomorrow is another day.
Tim.

Upside probability is greater in my opinion. Towards the end of the week US markets will rise so you'll see strengthening of the USD fwiw imho.

I'm expecting bulls to lift S&P above 3000 otherwise its going to be 1250. Thus next couple of days I'm expecting US market & dollar strength.

No logic or reason just a hunch.

Both Daily and hourly charts for USDCHF flat as a pancake... Go long dude... (y)

Just do it, do it, do it I say, do it... ;)

Today's update of the competition leaderboard has mk31970 retain his lead in 1st place, with Superspurs moving ahead of Gordon Gekko into 2nd place, and counter_violent making a late charge into 4th place.

thurs.jpg

Good trading! :clover:

Timsk is holding on too tight... ;)
Timsk you missed out on a perfect tip from me... Are we quits?
More than quits Atilla - I think I owe you a drink or two now!

I can't believe my orders didn't get triggered yesterday. 3 times price kissed the 0.8347 level without going one pip beyond it, which is all it would have taken (in theory anyway) to close the trade with a decent profit. Still, plenty of time for price to swing back in my favour and for the comp' leaders to lose their cool and blow up . . .
:innocent:
Tim.

More than quits Atilla - I think I owe you a drink or two now!

I can't believe my orders didn't get triggered yesterday. 3 times price kissed the 0.8347 level without going one pip beyond it, which is all it would have taken (in theory anyway) to close the trade with a decent profit. Still, plenty of time for price to swing back in my favour and for the comp' leaders to lose their cool and blow up . . .
:innocent:
Tim.

Maybe if ECB raises rates and there is a move to the EUR...

I still feel until end of week DOW & S&P will bounce... Basically switch from CHF to EUR or USD imo.

Good luck but looks like you've lost that 4th pos. (y)

I've got my orders on entry limits and like fishing just waiting for the catch...