T2W Forex Contest - Week 6

What's going on here :-0. First Hoodoo with his 300% in three days and now 50% in one week.

If fund managers return 15% in one year they are considered superstars.

Even 20% consistent returns are totally unrealistic imo.

If one makes it in the demo and then puts that monies into a live account in period 2 - then one is in for a pretty big shock either wya...

Exercise caution and restraint and aim to preserve money would be my advice. I got the T-Shirt to prove it too :cry:

Yeah, Good Luck Joe,

Im actually aiming for 100% this week, We'll see what happens,

Good luck to you too.

Well I don't believe doing 10 pips move per trade is too difficult. But the shear number of winning trades needed is insane. I could do with more leverage :).

If one makes it in the demo and then puts that monies into a live account in period 2

I believe that would be a mistake. Every action in the real market has an equal or greater reaction. Such reactions would not exist in a demo account. For instance, you could sell a billion lot worth of a certain pair in a demo account, and it would have absolutely zero effect on the subsequent price. Further more, the real market is predatory in nature. You would not have developed the sharpness or strategy to counter such predation in a demo account as you never need to. If you move from a cosy demo account to a real account, you'd get eaten alive. So being able to do great in a demo account does not necessarily translate into the real world.

Last edited:
What's going on here :-0. First Hoodoo with his 300% in three days and now 50% in one week.

If fund managers return 15% in one year they are considered superstars.

Even 20% consistent returns are totally unrealistic imo.

If one makes it in the demo and then puts that monies into a live account in period 2 - then one is in for a pretty big shock either wya...

Exercise caution and restraint and aim to preserve money would be my advice. I got the T-Shirt to prove it too :cry:

it was a shame hoodoo kept putting obstacles in the way of joining the comp. i'd have liked to have seen it. he's quiet, maybe we'll get a pleasant surprise sunday night. whoo knows (y)

it was a shame hoodoo kept putting obstacles in the way of joining the comp. i'd have liked to have seen it. he's quiet, maybe we'll get a pleasant surprise sunday night. whoo knows (y)

Would have been good to see him backup his words with action but all we got was hot air. I believe him to be analy retentive and doesn't want to give anything away - not even compliments.

People like that are **** poor no matter how rich they are. Tight gits who think they know it all and talk down to people. They are more interested in being worshipped. I was impressed with WackyPete not standing for any of his BS telling him where to get off on the live FX trading calls thread.

The whole thing started off as him wanting to help me - out of the kindness of his heart by giving me tips for the demo competition. He then got stropy because I didn't appreciate what he was giving me. Tells me I'm a loser and that I acutally want to lose... Starts a campaign to victimise me and show me up as if my trades are not visible to everyone. How stupid can anyone be...

Guys a twisted fruit cake. He needs to backup his wild claims. Until then he is a loser... and waste of time imho. (n)

Would have been good to see him backup his words with action but all we got was hot air. I believe him to be analy retentive and doesn't want to give anything away - not even compliments.

I think I like this hoodoo guy already. If he can trade, he has nothing to prove.

Good luck to you too.

Well I don't believe doing 10 pips move per trade is too difficult. But the shear number of winning trades needed is insane. I could do with more leverage :).

Thanks Dude,

Im going to be blunt, if you think 10 isnt hard, then just stick to 4 pips a move, cause sitting there, thinking you have enough rope for 10, is nerve kreckin.. Then, add the fact that you want 50%..

If you can do it, freakin awesome, i wish you the best, then do it on real money account.. I have a $20 mini account, and its was annoying playing for .01 a pip, but when I made a $1.00, I knew it just really means 100 pips, or $10, or $100, or $1,000 .. But its really not about that, its about being consistant.

As for leverage, bluh, leverage, smeverage.. If your call is binded to worry of leverage, OR even margin call, you shouldnt be in the trade.. 20, 50 leverage is where its at, get used to playing with it if your going Live account..

You scalpin? Whats your style? Just wondering..

Dont take this post the wrong way, Im new also, 9 months now, but I am positive, i have more then 4,320 Hours of Chart time, Youtube, indicator study, Expert advisor coding, money managment crunching, strat experimation, manual forward TESTING, literally, with pen, paper trading.. How can I be certain? Well, because its easy. I havent taken a day off from Forex since Sept 26th, 2010, and spend 16 hours a day, learning, taking notes, and watching charts, feeling the flow, Being one with the price action movement. I literally dream of Forex, lol..

Would you invest 2 hours a dayin a Biz you just started? THis isnt a game to me, not a hobby, not a spare time killer, this is my Life..

Im my worst enemy, not my calls, not my timing, ME..

I plan to overtake this problem this week, and show some numbers, which might be mind bogglin to some, but thats my plan..

I can tell you one thing for sure,

THIS ISNT A WALK IN THE PARK, :cool:

I think I like this hoodoo guy already. If he can trade, he has nothing to prove.

for sure, your correct that theres no obligation to prove anything. but if someone wants to jump in on a comp thread and criticise it, or the players, then one would have thought that some credentials are in order ie participation in said comp maybe. look at the end of the day if he's as good as he says he is then he'd wipe the floor with us. so he's nothing to lose, so just do it hoodoo

quite why he's so interested in the comp but wont join in is a mystery, he appears from nowhere and is on it like a shot, he needs to cheer up some imo

People like that are **** poor no matter how rich they are. Tight gits who think they know it all and talk down to people. They are more interested in being worshipped. I was impressed with WackyPete not standing for any of his BS telling him where to get off on the live FX trading calls thread.

The whole thing started off as him wanting to help me - out of the kindness of his heart by giving me tips for the demo competition. He then got stropy because I didn't appreciate what he was giving me. Tells me I'm a loser and that I acutally want to lose... Starts a campaign to victimise me and show me up as if my trades are not visible to everyone. How stupid can anyone be...

Guys a twisted fruit cake. He needs to backup his wild claims. Until then he is a loser... and waste of time imho. (n)

the tips were by pm? was there a wager on or something, do i have you mixed up with someone else who was being wagered on? sorry i don't follow how help turned into a squabble, enlighten please :cheesy:

Thanks Dude,

Im going to be blunt, if you think 10 isnt hard, then just stick to 4 pips a move, cause sitting there, thinking you have enough rope for 10, is nerve kreckin.. Then, add the fact that you want 50%..

If you can do it, freakin awesome, i wish you the best, then do it on real money account.. I have a $20 mini account, and its was annoying playing for .01 a pip, but when I made a $1.00, I knew it just really means 100 pips, or $10, or $100, or $1,000 .. But its really not about that, its about being consistant.

As for leverage, bluh, leverage, smeverage.. If your call is binded to worry of leverage, OR even margin call, you shouldnt be in the trade.. 20, 50 leverage is where its at, get used to playing with it if your going Live account..

Dont take this post the wrong way, Im new also, 9 months now, but I am positive, i have more then 4,320 Hours of Chart time, Youtube, indicator study, Expert advisor coding, money managment crunching, strat experimation, manual forward TESTING, literally, with pen, paper trading.. How can I be certain? Well, because its easy. I havent taken a day off from Forex since Sept 26th, 2010, and spend 16 hours a day, learning, taking notes, and watching charts, feeling the flow, Being one with the price action movement. I literally dream of Forex, lol..

Would you invest 2 hours a dayin a Biz you just started? THis isnt a game to me, not a hobby, not a spare time killer, this is my Life..

I plan to overtake this problem this week, and show some numbers, which might be mind bogglin to some, but thats my plan..

you're passionate about trading that's clear. #7 your week, own it! :D

quite why he's so interested in the comp but wont join in is a mystery, he appears from nowhere and is on it like a shot, he needs to cheer up some imo

He's probably worried about giving away his winning strategy. Something that works does not necessarily have to be complicated, and you might be able to unravel it seeing a few of his trades. Perhaps challenging him to show his assets would work better than demanding to see his trades.

the tips were by pm? was there a wager on or something, do i have you mixed up with someone else who was being wagered on? sorry i don't follow how help turned into a squabble, enlighten please :cheesy:

Short of it is he had a bet with a friend and my name was picked out in alphabetical order blah blah blah - that out of benevolance he could turn my losing trades into winners.

Began by giving me obscure tips on repu and then claiming he gave me 150 pips on Euro blah blah blah.

Didn't even know what he was talking about. After couple of emails told him pretty much to get onto the demo and then get lost and then you know the rest.

Trumpets he can make 300% in 3 days on CMC demo account, he is going to be placing £1000pp bets, talks about 35m etc etc and then dissapears.

Stupidity knows no bounds.

Having made these ridiculous claims says he can't show us anything in case we reverse engineer his system and he loses the edge.

WTF you doing on these boards mouthing off - if that's the case, dumb ass dork that he is... Helping us he says. He is not interested in success - he is only interested in losers so he can feel good about himself.

More like jerking his ego off. :cheesy:

Short of it is he had a bet with a friend and my name was picked out in alphabetical order blah blah blah - that out of benevolance he could turn my losing trades into winners.

Began by giving me obscure tips on repu and then claiming he gave me 150 pips on Euro blah blah blah.

Didn't even know what he was talking about. After couple of emails told him pretty much to get onto the demo and then get lost and then you know the rest.

Trumpets he can make 300% in 3 days on CMC demo account, he is going to be placing £1000pp bets, talks about 35m etc etc and then dissapears.

Having made these ridiculous claims says he can't show us anything in case we reverse engineer his system and he loses the edge.

WTF you doing on these boards mouthing off - if that's the case, dumb ass dork that he is... Helping us he says. He is not interested in success - he is only interested in losers so he can feel good about himself.

Since you have fallen out with him, maybe you can publish his email advise regarding your trading. I am sure we can reverse engineer something out of that. We might even be able to find out from that if he's a fraud. I am willing to believe anyone at their face value as long as they let me analyze what they are doing.

As I pointed out before, being good in a demo account doesn't mean much. If all hoodoo has is a 300% from a demo account, I now like him less.

He's probably worried about giving away his winning strategy. Something that works does not necessarily have to be complicated, and you might be able to unravel it seeing a few of his trades. Perhaps challenging him to show his assets would work better than demanding to see his trades.

ok fair point, but lets suppose one is in possession of a strategy that makes a claimed 300% in several days. one must follow that this wonder strat wasn't born in a day, it must have been formulated over a long period with plenty of lesser cast offs. if one is to believe then one must also have belief in the lesser strategies.

bottom line is he could play one of those and his golden goose would be safe as houses. i'm doubting he'll play tbh, shame but there you are, he's just sticking his beak in, having a stir and having a laff with his buddies on another site, good luck to him.

Last edited:
Thanks Dude,

I am a beginner at trading, and don't know what are the norms. While playing with spread betting, I had plenty of occasions being a part of 10 pips or more moves. This is what makes me think moves like that are normal. Of course, while playing with real money I didn't have the balls to take the 10 pip rides. I usually exited them prematurely 3, or 5 pips. If I am playing with virtual money, my responses could well be different. I won't have to wait long to find out.

I have never traded before. I am not sure if I am a scalper.

My entire forex experience is one week of spread betting, in which I lost £1k. I made all the mistakes conceivable. So I feel I am now ready for the real thing. My next step is to trade 0.01 lots with Oanda. In the mean time I play competition and get the hang of things, and the lingo.

ok fair point, but lets suppose one is in possession of a strategy that makes a claimed 300% in several days. one must follow that this wonder strat wasn't born in a day, it must have been formulated over a long period with plenty of lesser cast offs. if one is to believe then one must also have believe in the lesser strategies. bottom line is he could play one of those and his golden goose would be safe as houses. i'm doubting he'll play tbh, shame but there you are, he's just sticking his beak in, having a stir and having a laff with his buddies on another site, good luck to him :)

If he's only credibility is 300% in a demo account, there's nothing to get upset about. Everyone gets lucky from time to time. It would be silly to demand a repeat performance from him because things like that cannot be repeated even if it's from genuine skill, of which I doubt.

well i think he is good at button pushing and who's buttons to push seems to me, have fun with him. keep the profits rolling in the comp, that looks a good pin resistant shield so far.