FX Trading May 21-25

Cable at 2.000 and above will happen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a bad day, stopped out of all trailers on cable from original 9845 long.
Maybe a pullback tomorrow before we attack the 9900 again...

Good luck all
shorted dow cash at 13614

Shorted it at 1.9874 and got out at 1.9847.

Thought it might pull up. I may have been premature however. I'm not sure given strong housing stat as long as Dow rises we'll have weakness in cable.

Need to watch for a good breach of 13600 for the DOW.

Given higher jobless stats no way Fed will raise interest rates. Once market catches on cable will launch an offensive on $2. But not this week. Not with these results.

I added to my 9866 short at 9870 and 9885 to give me an aggregate 9873 short. im still looking for a TP of 9778, but will take some profits off the table at 9812. If we take out the daily low 9837, we could see a run down to 9800 (an probably a bounce from there)

EDIT: Its taken out the daily low..now lets see how far down it runs!

J

I normally exit on an MA cross, but the lag can give back too much somethimes. Hence, I also use the 100 SMA as it often offers support/resistance. FYI, I did number 3, took the 70 pips and am now looking for a rally to sell into. Of course there are no right or wrong answers, but Im always interested in differing styles of trading.

I must say, I feel pretty glad that I took the full 70 pips at the 100 SMA and waited for a short re-entry (which I have taken yet). the Dow retraced a full 120 points from that level!

Zuke, Atilla

I see 9803 as a fib confluence zone, price "usually" clips these levels so if you are still holding your shorts its an excellent position to be in.
Good Luck.

Gone long on EUR @3429 SL3407 Targe 3454 just under the Pivot

Zuke, Atilla

I see 9803 as a fib confluence zone, price "usually" clips these levels so if you are still holding your shorts its an excellent position to be in.
Good Luck.

Hi smbtnt,

No I got rid of mind prematurely at first sign of resistance. Still bullish about cable but will wait for market dust to settle.

Fed will not raise rates and cable can continue it's run. Don't know about retrace. This morning I had 1.9820 in mind but I do feel 1.98 and 1.97 for sure will hold.

Given strong housing the US market behaving funny. I might rest out or just watch a little while. I dunno.

My heads not right today. :rolleyes:

Not a bad day, stopped out of all trailers on cable from original 9845 long.
Maybe a pullback tomorrow before we attack the 9900 again...

Good luck all
shorted dow cash at 13614

Quick update on DOW: banked 64 pips at 13550 and now trailing.

Just let go the short. Real trade at 1.3424 S/L 1.3414. This one is for the money. And I don't even need it.

Short Euro. Well, never have thought of that without you, compounding.

Anyway when you first came on today didn’t you say the Euro/us had seen it’s base? Then went Long? Then went short, then moved your stops, and again, and again, then advised us all to go short. When in reality most of us here already had that view well before you were even out of bed this morning.

And all for 19 points…..You Trader You

Atilla,
Really not sure what to make of it all, 2 lower lows today from yesterdays high and failure to break yesterdays high...maybe we ARE just consolidating before the next leg up.
Patience is the key as always.

Short Euro. Well, never have thought of that without you, compounding.

Anyway when you first came on today didn’t you say the Euro/us had seen it’s base? Then went Long? Then went short, then moved your stops, and again, and again, then advised us all to go short. When in reality most of us here already had that view well before you were even out of bed this morning.

And all for 19 points…..You Trader You

You have no idea who you are dealing with here. Good Trading TPF.

Crude

A quick scalp entry on CLN7 @ 65.19 - this ones a dangerous beast so tightish stops.