FX Trading May 21-25

Cable at 2.000 and above will happen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nice one! Thanks! I believe it was a certain zuke who introduced me to crude oil ;)
Do you trade Nymex? What do you see long term i.e 4 hour and daily?

I trade Nymex as well as Brent. Long term is a difficult thing to predict with oil. I think the Nigeria situation will keep levels above 68 for a little while. Refining capacity is still stretched even though inventories are ok.

From a technical level, todays low was the 50% Fib of the upmove from 10 May lows at 62.90. Price closed below the 100 SMA, which as been a good indicator for me in the past. All in all, Im expecting (or is that hoping?) for a correction down to the 64.50's and there after 63.50's.

Just my 2 cents of course.

Only one trade from me today which made 26 pips on GBP / USD. To be honest my entry was rubbish and I should have made an additional 18 pips but this is all new to me and it takes a while for me to refine a trading approach when trading a new instrument :)

Paul

Attachments

• May 24th.gif
    May 24th.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 138
Only one trade from me today which made 26 pips on GBP / USD. To be honest my entry was rubbish and I should have made an additional 18 pips but this is all new to me and it takes a while for me to refine a trading approach when trading a new instrument :)

Paul

well done paul

Great trade! Milky bars are on you!

Thanks Zuke, luck was on my side today, great reversal on most instruments I traded which helped bring a barrowful!
Interestingly, also looking at 63.50 zone on nymex for a possible reversal level.

sorry if someones already mentioned it, but Gold seems to be losing its lustre?

Thanks Zuke, luck was on my side today, great reversal on most instruments I traded which helped bring a barrowful!
Interestingly, also looking at 63.50 zone on nymex for a possible reversal level.

Be very careful with that trade.

:cheesy:
Bon soiree les Chaps....:cheesy:

good i didnt trade cable today. would have been smacked.

I can only see about 10 comments, and the rest says...ignored, ignored, ignored. Is anything going on there.....:LOL:

mind the inside daily bar trendie.....in the 4hour you will see a bearish outside bar....nice for a breakout trader :cool:

Guess you must have a whole host of people on your ignore list then. Hope I'm not one of them or you won't see this.

Do you want me to start off the next weekly FX trading thread on Sunday? I don't mind, unless someone else has already volunteered.

Have a good holiday. :cheesy:

i have only one person on the ignore list...and it would help if no one responded to the provocation then i wouldn't have to read anything about it?

there must be something magnetic about your system as at the end of the day i check to see which way it will be. the low came second so short today?

i have only one person on the ignore list...and it would help if no one responded to the provocation then i wouldn't have to read anything about it?

there must be something magnetic about your system as at the end of the day i check to see which way it will be. the low came second so short today?

Yes, it looks as if it will be that way for tonight - unless something drastic happens to the Cable between now and 8.00pm to reverse it - which I seriously doubt. :rolleyes:

:cheesy:

Guess you must have a whole host of people on your ignore list then. Hope I'm not one of them or you won't see this.

Do you want me to start off the next weekly FX trading thread on Sunday? I don't mind, unless someone else has already volunteered.

Have a good holiday. :cheesy:

Jilly!!! the only person on my ignore list should be obvious. Thank you for stepping forward. please do.

make sure to do a proper poll unlike the ones i make :LOL:
Will stuff myself with oysters and tripe sausage till there is no tomorrow. see you guys in a week. Please leave some pips for me :cool:

By the way, should have followed the plan outlined in the first post of this thread. would have made a bucket. just goes off and tell you how one forgets about the big picture. :rolleyes:

Oiltanker,
I hope I am not that 1 person. Hope you took my response to you with humour, that was the intention. If it came across in a different way, please accept my apologies.

j

works like a dream on gbp/eur. it would have made 30pts yesterday. haven't checked the others yet

j

not you.
i think we have the same ignore list! if only people wouldn't respond to the bait then it would keep the thread flowing nicely. attention seekers need the oxygen of attention.

I would be interested to know which brokers people on here are using and who they specifically recommend ?

Thanks in advance

Paul

I would be interested to know which brokers people on here are using and who they specifically recommend ?

Thanks in advance

Paul

I use CMC - I've been with them since November 2004. I've demo a few other platforms, but generally like their set-up. Not sure though if this is just a case of 'better the devil you know'. :rolleyes: