Your favourite quote.

Beware of those who create the crises, then offer the solutions.

I doubt you would have got a prime job in the old Soviet Kremlin JT but morally correct. lol
steps for control
1. decide who is to take the blame
2. manufacture the crisis so that oneself is in the clear
3. make sure there are no loose ends and everything is deniable
4. offer humanitarian aid to avert suspicion

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. ~ Thomas Alva Edison

I spent many years laughing at Harry Secombe's singing until somebody told me that it wasn't a joke. ~ Spike Milligan

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know.
There are known unkowns. That is to say, there are things we know we don't know.
But, there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.

"Men become superstitious, not because they have too much imagination, but because they are not aware that they have any." -- George Santayana.

There is a fine dividing line between genius & madness, success & failure, noteriety & obscurity, too little & excess.

Last edited:
If you can't spot the dummy in the group then its probably you !+

"The financial markets generally are unpredictable. So that one has to have different scenarios... The idea that you can actually predict what's going to happen contradicts my way of looking at the market. " -- George Soros.

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race”
-- Calvin Coolidge

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Teach a highly educated person that it is not a disgrace to fail and that he must analyze every failure to find its cause. He must learn how to fail intelligently, for failing is one of the greatest arts in the world.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Charles F.Kettering[/FONT]

"The way to build superior long-term returns is through preservation of capital and home runs !! When you have tremendous conviction on a trade, you have to go for the jugular. It takes courage to be a pig."

Stanley Druckenmiller

To arrive at the simplest truth, as Newton knew and practiced, requires years of contemplation. Not activity. Not reasoning. Not calculating. Not busy behaviour of any kind. Not reading. Not talking. Not making an effort. Not thinking. Simply bearing in mind what it is one needs to know. And yet those with the courage to tread this path to real discovery are not only offered practically no guidance on how to do so, they are actively discouraged and have to set about it in secret, pretending meanwhile to be diligently engaged in the frantic diversions and to conform with the deadening personal opinions which are continually being thrust upon them."

~ George Spencer Brown (1923-]

To arrive at the simplest truth, as Newton knew and practiced, requires years of contemplation. Not activity. Not reasoning. Not calculating. Not busy behaviour of any kind. Not reading. Not talking. Not making an effort. Not thinking. Simply bearing in mind what it is one needs to know. And yet those with the courage to tread this path to real discovery are not only offered practically no guidance on how to do so, they are actively discouraged and have to set about it in secret, pretending meanwhile to be diligently engaged in the frantic diversions and to conform with the deadening personal opinions which are continually being thrust upon them."

~ George Spencer Brown (1923-]

I guess most of the pot smokers of Amsterdam would agree with the above ????????

I guess most of the pot smokers of Amsterdam would agree with the above ????????

deadening personal opinions which are continually being thrust upon them????

My guess is that not only the pot smokers (of amsterdam) will agree

:innocent:

Last edited:
"It's my fault, I run the company"

- Gerard Arpey, Chief Exec American Airlines (mega cockups this week)

How refreshing. How American. How different to Willie Walsh / Adam Applegarth / Our Gordon.

Remember Truman's Buck ?

Until one is committed there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back and always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation) there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: That the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves also.

~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"It's my fault, I run the company"

- Gerard Arpey, Chief Exec American Airlines (mega cockups this week)

How refreshing. How American. How different to Willie Walsh / Adam Applegarth / Our Gordon.

Remember Truman's Buck ?

Truly amazing: 2 senior execs sacked from BA today for the recent cockup, but Willie's still in charge (wonder for how long?)

Could this be the start of my faith's restoration ? Mmm.....probably not.........:rolleyes: