Wot Happens Next?

The objective is not to buy low and sell high, but to buy high and to sell higher. We
can never know what price is "low." Nor can we know what price is "high." Always
remember that sugar once fell from $1.25/lb to 2 cent/lb and seemed "cheap" many
times along the way.

In bull markets we can only be long or neutral, and in bear markets we can only be
short or neutral. That may seem self-evident; it is not, and it is a lesson learned too
late by far too many.

You wouldn't be in at all then? Well pretend you are and how would you proceed from here (get out straight away not allowed :LOL:)

All this technical anylyses is useless , if you can not trade the trends ,in real time ,when they show opportunities like this.

All indices futures are up , so some high probability longs on stocks todays

Attachments

• wall street.bmp
    124.8 KB · Views: 178
You wouldn't be in at all then? Well pretend you are and how would you proceed from here (get out straight away not allowed :LOL:)

Pretending I am would defeat the purpose of my having posted in the first place. Buying breakouts has more to do with hope than with technical analysis. If one understands that breakouts are engineered by those who bought before the breakout, he will be far more cautious than the usual breakout-buyer.

Ok, guys, we've moved off favourably to extent of ten points or so and now we move into the more crucial part of the business - trade/money management.

So what might you plan to do and what use might you make of TA?

Come on then, guys. dbp wouldn't be touching the trade with a bargepole, fl has increased his risk markedly (fearless that he is). What would others plan - in real life you'd better have something :)

Here is another trend DB may be wanting to pass , due to too many resistances

Attachments

• ha ha ha.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 175
  • daily.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 181
Getting bigger at worse prices. I think that deserves a
57a5f0dd57a47e1bdb441cb7c5efc696.jpg

"Booms" should be used sparingly :)

Last edited:
Pretending I am would defeat the purpose of my having posted in the first place. Buying breakouts has more to do with hope than with technical analysis. If one understands that breakouts are engineered by those who bought before the breakout, he will be far more cautious than the usual breakout-buyer.

breakouts should be high probability , all indices should be aligned , there should be fundamental price drivers.

Attachments

• aligned.bmp
    389.5 KB · Views: 175
Come on then, guys. dbp wouldn't be touching the trade with a bargepole . . .

Not exactly. As I posted originally, I'd wait for a retracement after a breakout. Those who have traded their share of failed breakouts will understand.

Of course I may have misunderstood the point of the thread.

Well I'd probably would have placed a limit sell order and assuming it was hit on Tuesday morning, would have done one of two things.

1. Either taken half position off after first Tuesday's bounce and brought SL to BE or

2. Left whole trade as it was but move SL to BE.

Thus I'd either be approx 15p up on half lot size or stopped out.

On a side point however, just trading on TA is a gamble imo. Without FA and context news, these kind of exercises without underlying factors and knowledge of them who's doing what why when, directors plans, industry events and flows it's just a gamble. I concur with Db's pov too.

TA is an illusion to newbies who happen to be simply zombie passengers in movement of price. In fact similar to BRBY who have received a positive £95m earnings increase simply from currency fluctuations. Nothing to do with increased sales or margins.

Anyhow, appreciate the nature of the exercise but too much emphasise on TA without underlying factors can be very misleading.

(y)

Come on then, guys. dbp wouldn't be touching the trade with a bargepole, fl has increased his risk markedly (fearless that he is). What would others plan - in real life you'd better have something :)

run your profits cut your losses :cheesy:

Just showed you trading is easy.

I'd wait for a retracement. But that's only if I HAD to trade this share. Its not one of the best trenders in the FTSE100, which has been far surpassed by the 250 or even the AIM100.

Forced to find a trade on Diageo this week I'd have to drop down onto an intra-day chart basis, and I don't trade intra-day.

run your profits cut your losses :cheesy:

Just showed you trading is easy.

Do you know I'm getting really fed up with you and your trite sayings. If you want to participate then treat it seriously and show us exactly how you'd go about it. Not the simplistic run your profits and cut your losses that's so meaningless.