Worldcup !

Can't say I like Capello's plan of announcing the team 2 hours before the match much. It should be announced the night before to the players ( if they are sober enough to understand ) imo. That gives them a bit of time to get in the right frame of mind.
Let's hope they don't do their usual " headless chickens " running around haywire act

Can't say I like Capello's plan of announcing the team 2 hours before the match much. It should be announced the night before to the players ( if they are sober enough to understand ) imo. That gives them a bit of time to get in the right frame of mind.
Let's hope they don't do their usual " headless chickens " running around haywire act

Maybe that is why he leaves it so late.He wants them all on their toes. Personally, I think that it could be stressful for the teambut anyone just watching who gets stress problems really needs his head examining. :D

I've only heard of Rooney, Crouch and a couple of others. There are a couple of Chelsea players, I believe.

USA still looking good to get out of group play. SO far this has been a pretty good tournament. Plenty of good games and upsets.

Peter

The England side looked completely lost. All those stars.....They should have been able to swamp the Algerians.

The England side looked completely lost. All those stars.....They should have been able to swamp the Algerians.

I agree. They don't look like their heart is in it. They don't have that will to win that some of the less talented teams have shown. Some credit to Algerians, everyone expected them to lose except them!

Peter

I agree but this is what happens when you get some idiosyncratic character in charge of players with temperament that is of an 'alian culture' to him self.

Respect and obediance to a Japanese is a whole different ball game to these over paid multi-millionaire football players.

You have to treat them as studs. Bring their wives and relatives. Not incubate them in isolation and treat them like piece of cog wheels putting them into different formations.

Our team is basically an experiment.

I don't mind him changing the goal keeper but not in this next match. THAT IDIOT HAS HUMULIATED GREEN AS WELL AS THE NATIONAL SIDE. How can anyone perform - crapping one self of making a mistake. I don't care what he does - IT IS NOT RIGHT what he has done.

I go by the muskeeters code of conduct - one for all and all for one. YOU WIN AS A TEAM AND YOU LOSE AS A TEAM! That is the beauty of footeball. No?

I reckon he has in his effort to install his mark and respect with the players - HE HAS probably LOST IT instead.

I'm not happy... :mad:

Our managers change our players change our formations change(now and then).Yet I have not seen any change only a feeling of being short changed.

England 0 Algeria 0

This was almost certainly the worst England performance in my lifetime and I am 51! How can these players justify their high wages when they cannot produce the goods? To put things in perspective, it would take me 16 YEARS to earn what ****** Wayne gets paid in a month! And he even has the bare faced cheek to criticise the England FANS, who travelled in their 1000's and spent a great deal of their HARD EARNED wages to go and see the dross we all witnessed last night. >>>>>>>"that's great, being booed off by your own fans"

Thank heavens the goal keeper was changed otherwise we would have lost if "fumbles" Green had played. In fact David James was our best player and he was the Goal Keeper!

How can a manager who can barely string a sentence in English together, instruct these overpaid moron players?
Fabio has done alright, when we sack him after England fail he will walk away with a multi-million pay off after his contract was revised just before they went out. We could have dumped him MUCH CHEAPER after the World Cup on his old contract.

Slovenia, a world power in football terms will tear the team that played last night apart. My team for this do or die match is:
James,
Johnson, Dawson, Terry, A.Cole
Wright-Phillips, Gerrard, Milner, J Cole
Crouch, Defoe

subs to use Barry, Lampard, Lennon

:mad::mad::mad:

I can vividly remember the World Cup win of 1966 as I was 13 at the time.

Luckily I am now so old that I find it hard to keep awake for long.

Last night I saw the kick off, fell asleep inside the first 5 minutes and woke up on 84 minutes.

I was lucky to miss around 80 minutes of the game and I thank the ageing process and a tankful of cider for sparing me from what could have been a horrendous punishment .... ie. having to watch a whole 90 minutes of England attempting to play football.

BSD, just as an off topic aside do the Germans still not suffer from our (UK's) ingrained mass hysterical belief that you're nothing unless you own your own home? Is the rental sector still vibrant, good value and do the Germans still scratch their heads at our collective house owning obsession?

Hmm dunno exactly mate, I do believe tho that home ownership is much lower here than in the UK.

Think probably depending on your needs etc both variants can have their respective merits, renting or owning.

We're gonna rent in Hamburg.

@BlackSwan: an aside on the German housing situation: We are friends with a thirty-something (maybe one is forty now) couple) in a university city in Nordrhein-Westphalia. They both have PhDs, and until relatively recently, lived pretty modestly as students and then grad-students. I've no idea what they paid, but I looked in some estate agents' windows when I was there, and similar properties were a lot cheaper than you might find here (supposing you could even buy similar properties here). From the little research I did at the time, at that time anyway, house price inflation in Germany was about the lowest in Europe, or very low down in the league table. It might have changed I suppose.

I agree, property here is waaaaay cheaper than UK, property prices haven't really budged significantly for decades.

Good to see you back BSD

does moving to Hamburg make you a hamburger ? :)

Hi Pat, thanks :)

re hamburger, guess so !!

tofu_burger.jpg

:LOL:

Well football didn't go well yesterday did it !!!

USA did great tho, way to go, wackypete !!!

We can learn sthg from the way you guys turned that around, actually watched all 3 matches yesterday lol.

Germany - Serbia

image-100537-galleryV9-yghj.jpg

image-100534-galleryV9-cmbf.jpg

image-100526-galleryV9-wglm.jpg

image-100562-galleryV9-mlvv.jpg

image-100573-galleryV9-lwsy.jpg

image-100578-galleryV9-oneh.jpg

image-100585-galleryV9-bglu.jpg

image-100588-galleryV9-tznb.jpg

image-100628-galleryV9-rvia.jpg

Jogi, the trainer lol !

image-100630-galleryV9-tvom.jpg

UK - Algeria

image-100742-galleryV9-qbus.jpg

image-100733-galleryV9-hpfu.jpg

image-100738-galleryV9-aljy.jpg

image-100744-galleryV9-zijv.jpg

image-100749-galleryV9-rlni.jpg

image-100768-galleryV9-omsz.jpg

USA - Slowenia

image-100643-galleryV9-rnwj.jpg

image-100687-galleryV9-wrbf.jpg

image-100693-galleryV9-geew.jpg

image-100698-galleryV9-dpew.jpg

image-100678-galleryV9-uhyn.jpg

image-100690-galleryV9-nhez.jpg

image-100707-galleryV9-hnkz.jpg

image-100718-galleryV9-xwxn.jpg

image-100713-galleryV9-xhul.jpg

usa-soccer-fans.jpg

Ahem

I suppose to be charitable they did their best. At least they didn't quite lose

Wish some mugs would pay me £100,000 a week to fool around

(n)

All future televised England matches have been moved to The Gay Adult Channel, as the sight of 11 ars*eholes getting hammered for 90 minutes was far too explicit for terrestrial TV.

Argentina 7/2
Brazil 4/1
Spain 5/1
Germany 7/1
Holland 7/1
England 10/1
Italy 14/1
Portugal 33/1
Mexico 33/1
Uruguay 33/1
Ivory Coast 40/1
Serbia 50/1
Chile 50/1
Ghana 80/1
USA 80/1
Switzerland 80/1
Paraguay 80/1
Denmark 80/1

Argentina has lower odds !! Italy too ??

Not surprisingly Germany and England have longer odds