Why Top Retail traders V Commercial Traders

Well the Sharpe ratio is the Sharpe ratio, it has its flaws for things like writing options, but it's a perfectly valid measure for your style of trading.

Hi Shakone

Unfortunately - its not ;-)

Day trading and investments are another totally different "ballgame" - just like stock trading and Forex ;-)

Let the Industry use its Sharpe Ratios and others like the Sortino etc - they may be fine on multi million pound 10 -50 yr investments.

But try and use them in forex on 15 min risk trades on small capital - and the accuracy reflected is total skewed.

I appreciate Random loves them - but of course he will not listen to anyone other than his own "gods" - and you know what I think of these lying, corrupt financiers - yes they are really brilliant aren't they.......NOT

He will be saying next the CTA is fantastic and also the Forex regulators have been doing a great job this last 15 years - :LOL:

Nah I didn't mistake it.

Either your returns are much lower than you claim or your volatility is much higher with huge variance in returns (far far far more than the example you gave...) in order to generate that Sharpe ratio. Neither statement seems to make sense with the consistency you claim in your thread.

If you're making 2% a day on your invested capital at 180 days that is still a 360% return or 355% over mean returns on US treasuries that requires huge volatility to create a Sharpe of ~ 1.6. It's simple stuff. That's why the Sharpe ratio is so good at spotting out BS since it's a single number with many clues.

You are really missing the real crux of the matter - the key #

The Sharpe ratio is crap on forex day trading - it might be great on 10 -50 yrs stock investments

Chalk and cheese again.

I am letting you off lightly really - that's my kind and considerate nature showing through - but I know its a total waste of time - as you would believe Father Christmas was real if the CTA and the Forex regulators said so :LOL:

Regards

F

Filling an order as small as 2 million should take less than 20ms.

Thats interesting then and maybe shows how times have changed again

On Thursday 6th May 2010 a man I know fairly well ( funny enough he lives within 12 miles of Tamworth ;-0 ) placed £1200 per pip ( approx 180 lots) on the Pound with Barclays Capital.

It was after all the UK general election and the media was predicting an "hung parliament ".

Barclays Capital charged him ( as a single investor ) 6 pips and took approx 1 hr to get the trade into the market .

Six hrs later he was able to exit with a profit of over £400K ( forget the actual exact amount).

Please tell me why this would be ??

Regards

F

PS - did you know there are actually multi millionaires who live north of Watford ?

Last edited:
Hi Shakone

Unfortunately - its not ;-)

Shak, don't you love the smilies when he has no clue and simply attempts to distort the present discussion? LITERALLY no clue.

It's amazing to me. Primary emotions are a great deal of pity and a touch of disgust.

You are really missing the real crux of the matter - the key #

The Sharpe ratio is crap on forex day trading - it might be great on 10 -50 yrs stock investments

Chalk and cheese again.

I am letting you off lightly really - that's my kind and considerate nature showing through - but I know its a total waste of time - as you would believe Father Christmas was real if the CTA and the Forex regulators said so :LOL:

Regards

F

Ok I'm going to leave this here as hopefully those of you who fully understand this stuff can see what an absolute joker this person is.

Anyone with half a brain can see that this individual routinely avoids the most basic of flaws and questions and instead comes back with bizarre attempts to belittle me and an industry he has no and I mean NO knowledge of. It is not possible for him to be returning 360% a year with a Sharpe ratio of ~1.6 unless he has enormous volatility in his dailies, far more than he has ever admitted or alluded to. This is simple mathematical fact and no attempt to label the Sharpe as a flawed ratio alters this. You can see his lack of understanding of this when he came up with a fake and supposedly volatile population of results to prove his point - a population that barely had any volatility at all. He of course left that discussion dead and instead attempt to gain superiority by saying we couldn't possibly understand how his world works.

I have said before the Sharpe, ROR and volatility are THE first figures that the AIMA use to assist in the seeding of RETAIL ACCOUNTS. If you want to take your trading outside of the small feed box some day, if that is your goal and you are thinking big outside of your current existence, using trading as a stepping stone without having a PhD or PPE then this stuff is extremely important.

"The CTA" - who? Either you mean the CIOT (not relevant), a Commodity Trading Advisor or a (indefinite article) CFA.

The idea that you're letting me off lightly by bleating confused nonsense is your best one liner yet...

Thats interesting then and maybe shows how times have changed again

On Thursday 6th May 2010 a man I know fairly well ( funny enough he lives within 12 miles of Tamworth ;-0 ) placed £1200 per pip ( approx 180 lots) on the Pound with Barclays Capital.

It was after all the UK general election and the media was predicting an "hung parliament ".

Barclays Capital charged him ( as a single investor ) 6 pips and took approx 1 hr to get the trade into the market .

Six hrs later he was able to exit with a profit of over £400K ( forget the actual exact amount).

Please tell me why this would be ??

Regards

F

PS - did you know there are actually multi millionaires who live north of Watford ?

You've used this example before and it was boring then.

I have no idea what Barclays stood to gain by such behaviour. If your 'friend' asked them NOT to clip the order to get best price then it should have been filled on the phone there and then. However, he may have been sold a slicing algo option which would inject the order slowly, supposedly to get best price, if he didn't know what he was doing. 18 million is still a small order vs what would be called big orders and he should get first and second decimal fills outside of news. I suggest your 'friend' use dbfx from now on if Barclays took such liberties.

Times haven't changed no - with no last look, huge orders should be filled as rapidly as the intra bank market can provide liquidity. The only reason for order delays is to avoid market impact (not move the market), which is a controlled order. 20 lots is a tiny order and means nothing so I don't know why you had delays from GFT, except perhaps you should stop using sh!te brokers, just like the one you use now.

PS - I didn't know there were multi millionaires in Watford.

David Bender
Firm: First New York Securities
City: New York
Trades: Equities

David Bender is not your typical 28-year-old. At an age when many of his contemporaries are fortunate to find any job at all on Wall Street, he has already made partner at First New York Securities. And he's no junior partner, either. Bender is one of the best traders at his firm, which counts a handful of former SAC standouts among its ranks.

Bender, who grew up in Great Neck, New York, spends his days stalking event-driven U.S. equity opportunities, eating what he kills, particularly during earnings season. In 2007, Bender's P&L flirted with eight figures, of which the Emory University graduate -- he was a triple major -- took home half. Call him exceptional (he's said to be a scratch golfer), call him confident (he actually acknowledges that he is, indeed, a scratch golfer), but don't dare call him a day trader. The term implies a certain unwashed recklessness, and that's not his way.

"My style has proven consistent," he says. "Last year I had 240 trading days. I think I lost money on five of them."

Hordes of equity traders such as Bender -- young, self-assured, flush with employer-sponsored capital, free to chase daily stock gyrations aggressively -- once roamed the financial landscape, until the bursting of the tech bubble at the turn of the century treated day traders the way asteroids treated the dinosaurs. Those who survived (the traders, not the dinosaurs) have reinvented the space, a maturation that has brought more focus and technical savvy, more disciplined risk control and the trading of more instruments and markets beyond tech stocks -- though don't think some of the new breed haven't made money long GOOG and short MSFT.

You've used this example before and it was boring then.

I have no idea what Barclays stood to gain by such behaviour. If your 'friend' asked them NOT to clip the order to get best price then it should have been filled on the phone there and then. However, he may have been sold a slicing algo option which would inject the order slowly, supposedly to get best price, if he didn't know what he was doing. 18 million is still a small order vs what would be called big orders and he should get first and second decimal fills outside of news. I suggest your 'friend' use dbfx from now on if Barclays took such liberties.

Times haven't changed no - with no last look, huge orders should be filled as rapidly as the intra bank market can provide liquidity. The only reason for order delays is to avoid market impact (not move the market), which is a controlled order. 20 lots is a tiny order and means nothing so I don't know why you had delays from GFT, except perhaps you should stop using sh!te brokers, just like the one you use now.

PS - I didn't know there were multi millionaires in Watford.

Thank you - that information was interesting - and yes I agree with you on many of your comments.

PS - No - North Of Watford ;-))

Regards

F

David Bender
Firm: First New York Securities
City: New York
Trades: Equities

David Bender is not your typical 28-year-old. At an age when many of his contemporaries are fortunate to find any job at all on Wall Street, he has already made partner at First New York Securities. And he's no junior partner, either. Bender is one of the best traders at his firm, which counts a handful of former SAC standouts among its ranks.

Bender, who grew up in Great Neck, New York, spends his days stalking event-driven U.S. equity opportunities, eating what he kills, particularly during earnings season. In 2007, Bender's P&L flirted with eight figures, of which the Emory University graduate -- he was a triple major -- took home half. Call him exceptional (he's said to be a scratch golfer), call him confident (he actually acknowledges that he is, indeed, a scratch golfer), but don't dare call him a day trader. The term implies a certain unwashed recklessness, and that's not his way.

"My style has proven consistent," he says. "Last year I had 240 trading days. I think I lost money on five of them."

Hordes of equity traders such as Bender -- young, self-assured, flush with employer-sponsored capital, free to chase daily stock gyrations aggressively -- once roamed the financial landscape, until the bursting of the tech bubble at the turn of the century treated day traders the way asteroids treated the dinosaurs. Those who survived (the traders, not the dinosaurs) have reinvented the space, a maturation that has brought more focus and technical savvy, more disciplined risk control and the trading of more instruments and markets beyond tech stocks -- though don't think some of the new breed haven't made money long GOOG and short MSFT.

Comical you should choose that example since I am a general partner at one of the New York LPs under FNY's majority control. Now, portfolio trading long/short equities with a slant on industry earnings info is not exactly what you do is it FXmo?

By the way, there's a senior trader post (FX fine) at Infinity CM right now (FNY's UK base) - must have a 5 year track record of profitability - want me to link you? Generous split for the right person and you could provide for your children and their children many times over. PM me or e-mail your cv and PL history to [email protected].

Thanks buddy!

Shak, don't you love the smilies when he has no clue and simply attempts to distort the present discussion? LITERALLY no clue.

It's amazing to me. Primary emotions are a great deal of pity and a touch of disgust.

When will you two ever admit that you might be wrong ???

I am managing to run rings round some of your ploys and also wind you both up;-)

It's great because Random now thinks my Sharpe Ratio is only 1.64 - that's even more frustrating for him ;-)

I just don't care a toss what the Industry or even the AIMA may use in seeding retail accounts - simply because as I keep repeating - I have no time for the Industry and for their ways and methods

They would probably have Bernie Madoff in their top 10 this last ten years - simply because they are not using the right horses for the right courses

I have given you an example of a Commercial trader on here in the last hour - David Bender - and can you imagine if he ever dreamed of coming on this forum - yes you two would be trying to pull him apart and make mincemeat of him

Its your nature and in any other game you would be known as "spoilers"

I will admit I do find it "fun" - so really I must be bad as you both - I really do want to stop and just stick to trading on my own thread .

You are both clever guys - stick with your good attributes rather than thinking you do know it all about the retail forex market lock stock and barrel

That's all i got to say - so you are both welcome to have the last word as its now gone far enough

Regards

F

Last edited:

It does show Forexmospherian up when he suggests that Sharpe doesn't work well for his scalping.

It's not something that works or not, it's just a mathematical formula used as a measure of performance. It is what it is, as I told him before. His comment is akin to suggesting standard deviation doesn't work, or expectancy doesn't hold for scalping, or drawdown doesn't count for him! These sort of comments are stupid and a dodge.

There is nothing wrong with Sharpe ratio as a measure for Forexmospherians trading. It may not tell the entire story, but no one statistic can ever tell the whole story.

He stated a Sharpe Ratio (one which I think he made up), but even if we take it as real, it reveals things that contradict what he has said in the past. He's clearly exaggerating his performance. The Sharpe and his other claims can't all be correct, something has to give.

Any other anecdotes and stories to distract are of no concern. He lied about his performance. But the dodge will probably work Random12345, because very few people are going to bother thinking about it and will dismiss Sharpe as too complicated or fancy maths when it's not. Also, these posts will disappear in a sea of the next 500 anecdotes from Forexmospherian about nothing. EDIT: While typing this he's posted again and now seems to admit that the 1.6 sharpe was made up. Is that correct, F? It's hard to exaggerate your performance when you have to get down to the actual performance stats.

Anyway Random, look for the positive in the job that F is doing. He's very educational, because he's exposing the lack of knowledge and the wealth of gullibility on this site. His walter mitty trading results that make no sense when examined have given me a few laughs. His persistence is stellar. And he represents a barometer of what the site wants.

The acceptance of Forexmospherian and the banning of pboyles have given me a very clear signal that the hare was right and this site wants intelligent nonsense and wants anyone who challenges that gone.

Last edited:
F, I don't get it.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...aders-v-commercial-traders-5.html#post2247904
You agree that you don't make transparent live calls in the above post.

Which brings me to this:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...aders-v-commercial-traders-9.html#post2252040
what part can you not see as being totally viable in my strategy ????

Could I be the trader proving to the commercial trading world that the "earth is no longer flat "

This issue still remains.
There is no proof as your results are not open and clear, you agree this is the case.
Fair enough if your thread is just for your own reflective benefit.

If you did as I suggested and posted some trade statements or made live calls.
Without either of those you aren't proving anything.

There are a lot of people watching who believe its all crystal clear,
when in fact it is not, as you yourself have admitted.
That is why these questions get repeated.

A sharpe of 1.6 does imply volatile returns.
If you say its due to lots of small and BE wins with a few runners,
then you could also clear that up with live calls and statements.

I really am mystified as to why you don't just clear it up once and for all.

It does show Forexmospherian up when he suggests that Sharpe doesn't work well for his scalping.

It's not something that works or not, it's just a mathematical formula used as a measure of performance. It is what it is, as I told him before. His comment is akin to suggesting standard deviation doesn't work, or expectancy doesn't hold for scalping, or drawdown doesn't count for him! These sort of comments are stupid and a dodge.

There is nothing wrong with Sharpe ratio as a measure for Forexmospherians trading. It may not tell the entire story, but no one statistic can ever tell the whole story.

He stated a Sharpe Ratio (one which I think he made up), but even if we take it as real, it reveals things that contradict what he has said in the past. He's clearly exaggerating his performance. The Sharpe and his other claims can't all be correct, something has to give.

Any other anecdotes and stories to distract are of no concern. He lied about his performance. But the dodge will probably work Random12345, because very few people are going to bother thinking about it and will dismiss Sharpe as too complicated or fancy maths when it's not. Also, these posts will disappear in a sea of the next 500 anecdotes from Forexmospherian about nothing. EDIT: While typing this he's posted again and now seems to admit that the 1.6 sharpe was made up. Is that correct, F? It's hard to exaggerate your performance when you have to get down to the actual performance stats.

Anyway Random, look for the positive in the job that F is doing. He's very educational, because he's exposing the lack of knowledge and the wealth of gullibility on this site. His walter mitty trading results that make no sense when examined have given me a few laughs. His persistence is stellar. And he represents a barometer of what the site wants.

The acceptance of Forexmospherian and the banning of pboyles have given me a very clear signal that the hare was right and this site wants intelligent nonsense and wants anyone who challenges that gone.

Yeah it's mad - either the Sharpe is insanely high and unheard of when over many years of live trading or it's as he says and therefore volatility has to be HUGE in order to generate a 1-2 Sharpe when you have returns in the hundreds of per cent. OR the returns aren't very high, yet he said 2% a day over 180 days. Which is it sir!?

Why did he dodge my question about what he meant by "the CTA" too? Did he mean the CFTC or what? :confused:

CM is right when he says I've had a sense of humour failure with this saga, but that's because it ain't funny....

Yeah it's mad - either the Sharpe is insanely high and unheard of when over many years of live trading or it's as he says and therefore volatility has to be HUGE in order to generate a 1-2 Sharpe when you have returns in the hundreds of per cent. OR the returns aren't very high, yet he said 2% a day over 180 days. Which is it sir!?

Why did he dodge my question about what he meant by "the CTA" too? Did he mean the CFTC or what? :confused:

CM is right when he says I've had a sense of humour failure with this saga, but that's because it ain't funny....

Because he's educating the site by brilliantly performing the role of dodgy persistent vendor, who gives tall tales and never gets tied down in details or figures. They always leave room for manoeuvre, or if they do get caught stating something concrete, they quickly backtrack that it was all a joke to wind people up. Dodgy vendor man doesn't need to know about CFTC, he can call it CIA for all it matters. Such industry details are irrelevant.

He's performing the role superbly while also exposing the site for what it is, without getting banned. He's a genius! Davie Robertson could learn a lot :LOL:

Last edited:
When will you two ever admit that you might be wrong ???

When you bring up even one piece of tangible evidence that this is the case...

I am managing to run rings round some of your ploys and also wind you both up;-)

The latter applies, nobody and I mean nobody believes the former statement. Even you.

It's great because Random now thinks my Sharpe Ratio is only 1.64 - that's even more frustrating for him ;-)

So you're either deluded or foolish... tough company.

I just don't care a toss what the Industry or even the AIMA may use in seeding retail accounts - simply because as I keep repeating - I have no time for the Industry and for their ways and methods

Decide which industry it is - the AIMA are there to encourage the enrichment of the likes of your fellow retailers and small funds, something that has been quite costly for FoFs in the past, but it still goes on and people get their shot. They do not represent the banks etc so be clear...

They would probably have Bernie Madoff in their top 10 this last ten years - simply because they are not using the right horses for the right courses

I have given you an example of a Commercial trader on here in the last hour - David Bender - and can you imagine if he ever dreamed of coming on this forum - yes you two would be trying to pull him apart and make mincemeat of him

Err no - all books at FNY have the Sharpe, ann ROR, Volatility, time in trade split etc analysed as standard so there'd be no argument...

That's all i got to say - so you are both welcome to have the last word as its now gone far enough

Hopefully people will see you never had the courtesy to respond to our questions and spots re your inconsistencies, but that we answered yours when we perhaps shouldn't have stooped to doing so.

F, I don't get it.

This issue still remains.
There is no proof as your results are not open and clear, you agree this is the case.

Fair enough if your thread is just for your own reflective benefit.

I really am mystified as to why you don't just clear it up once and for all.

Hi LV

I have put in bold the most important part in your comments.

I have only been blogging for approximately 3 years - and during that time have never sold any courses or books or dvds's etc etc. I have helped various traders in their journey - as I was lucky to have free help from a Bank of Canada forex trader - but only in the basic format - which at least guided me onto the right road.

I am not on Face book or You Tube - do not give out my e-mail or accept PM's here on T2W and i am sorry to have to say - hate the industry I make money from ;-((

If you just check just this last week are have live calls on the blog every day - sometimes even 5 -15 + min prior to short term trades. The fact that I had 28 other traders on the thread the other day with 4 contributing makes me think they have realised I can cut the mustard

Also - the fact that I am not selling anything means I just don't have to disclose any off my main account information. The only people who might be privy to this information is my own accountant and the Inland Revenue.

What as really annoyed me this weekend is how fellow members here twist things completely round to suit their own agenda. For example

We have a registered vendor under then name of Phil Newton - who I dont know at all and have never met or had anything to do with him

On his site - which I understand is free for 2 days he has a live room that as being going for many years.

In 2012 he printed his results in weekly and monthly format - as derived from the trading room. The fact that they added up to 25000 pips - even though he explained on his site how they were triple counted with part lots - immediately had other members saying if he is earning £250k per year he is a fraud as he lives in a £60k terrace house in Liverpool

This may well be the case - BUT nowhere has he said himself that he earned £250 k from trading in 2012 - and then he his attacked for selling his expertise for £145 or what ever a month. Unfortunately hes gets annoyed with the guys he calls the "haters" etc - and just does not explain himself - so hardly backing up his cause.

If he now produced a full statement audited by a registered Accountancy company saying he earned from trading say $60 or $120 or even $200+ k - nobody would believe him and instead would say dodgy accountant and rigged accounts etc etc

I fully admit when I started this particular thread on Retail traders V Commercial traders - I wanted to flush out the commercial boys and fully wind them up

WHY??

Simply because they fully deserve it. They don't assist or help retail traders with certain knowledge and facts they have - they are the real enemy - ie just as bad as any rogue vendor trying to rip new traders off for a couple of grand.

It's pretty obvious the Industry / Trade will not admit all their games and ploys.

They lie and cheat and for years have not admitted all the bad practices that have been going on - which in fact as cost the normal "Joe Blogg" retailers millions in total just by taking a few thousands off them each.

In this Forex game - and it is a game played at various professional levels you will always have good and bad at all levels.

Their will be good vendors - maybe like Linda Raschke - who is obviously successful - but still sells books courses etc etc. Many here will say - why does she need to sell and lecture when she is worth millions etc - she must be a fake ;-)

Unfortunately I just do not see any good commercial guys in forums - they all want to put the retailers off the "scent" - but nobody really spots this.

For example -

When I started putting up accounts of retail traders doing say 3000% per month on live forex accounts - verified by a top accountancy firm - the commercial guys need to find fault. You yourself LV confirmed these figures are possible with some of your own finding on Forex tradersperformances

Now if these traders had to go through Sharpe Ratio tests - the results would be silly - its the wrong test

Therefore without Ernst & Young or another top accountancy company verifying it - the likes of Random and Shakone would do their best to pull it apart - simply because they really dont want trader's to find out what is possible.

Another point that i find laughable - is T2W is a free site and depends on its advertising and vendors income etc to be able to operate with staff etc and provide an excellent all round service to the majority of members who frequent.

However various members who seem to think they have been here long enough to own and control the site - just want to criticise its standard and then even complain when things happen they don't like

If I was T2W - I would also charge all commercial guys to even have access - some fee just like you do vendors - and then at least then they have the right to moan ;-)

In fact i would charge all members who did not contribute at least every quarter or whenever - just to get them to say something that might open up further debates.

So as I said from day one - I don't sell anything - ( so hardly a dodgy vendor) - my thread is for my own records and thoughts - but open to all day traders - and I will provide some live account details on various accounts I will open - but NO Way will i disclose my full trading accounts for the last one or three years .

Why should I ???

It's easy - don't believe anything i say - that's no problem - and like Random and Shakone say - just view my thread for the lulz ;-))

Its your loss :LOL:

Hope that clears a few thing up for you LV

Have a good week

Regards

F

More deflection away from the central facts. You stated your results. You stated that you win nearly every day and what % you win per day. You stated your Sharpe, and the result was that it didn't hold together. It's not mathematically possible. One or more of your claims is a lie.

I don't really care about what you have to say about other things, do you have anything to say about the above lie and how your claims don't make sense?

Last edited:
More deflection away from the central facts. You stated your results. You stated that you win nearly every day and what % you win per day. You stated your Sharpe, and the result was that it didn't hold together. It's not mathematically possible. One or more of your claims is a lie.

I don't really care about what you have to say about other things, do you have anything to say about the above lie and how your claims don't make sense?

This. This. This.

It was always going to be that if we could ever draw an actual figure out of him then he would be exposed as incredibly confused (at the least...) and/or a fraud. I gave thought as to how this would be possible on a thread as clueless as this since we know he will never give a statement and thought I'd go for the Sharpe for aforementioned reasons (when you have both a return and a Sharpe, you know a lot about what you're dealing with).

He's now playing the old "as if that was my Sharpe hahaha" card despite the fact he now undermines his original argument that his Sharpe was not a crazily high number...

I have only been blogging for approximately 3 years - and during that time have never sold any courses or books or dvds's etc etc. I have helped various traders in their journey - as I was lucky to have free help from a Bank of Canada forex trader - but only in the basic format - which at least guided me onto the right road.

A bank of Canada trader!?!? That's a central bank, their 'traders' only trade foreign reserves to hedge risk on their FRM book and they get paid like sh!t to boot. Do you mean RBC who are quite active in fx trading... it's really important you don't mess this up...

Bank of Canada... that's a classic.

If you just check just this last week are have live calls on the blog every day - sometimes even 5 -15 + min prior to short term trades. The fact that I had 28 other traders on the thread the other day with 4 contributing makes me think they have realised I can cut the mustard

Davie sold hundreds of subscriptions. Knowledge 2 Action sell thousands...

Also - the fact that I am not selling anything means I just don't have to disclose any off my main account information. The only people who might be privy to this information is my own accountant and the Inland Revenue.

HMRC - nobody and I mean nobody has referred to the IR since 2005-6. People still use "the Revenue" colloquially. If your accountant still is, I suggest you change him asap. My father practices and he is in his late 60s... he manages it just fine...

What as really annoyed me this weekend is how fellow members here twist things completely round to suit their own agenda. For example

The only one twisting things is you - every time we address something your response completely ignores said points as part of a massive dodge. Completely. Especially when they make you look bad, like your lack of understanding of Sharpe or the "CTA."

I fully admit when I started this particular thread on Retail traders V Commercial traders - I wanted to flush out the commercial boys and fully wind them up

Very few commercial traders on this board. I am not one. A few have responded to you with the dismissive tone you deserve early on in this thread. Martinghoul I note has not lowered himself to your or my level and I doubt he will.

Simply because they fully deserve it. They don't assist or help retail traders with certain knowledge and facts they have - they are the real enemy - ie just as bad as any rogue vendor trying to rip new traders off for a couple of grand.

You cannot run Athena on a core i-7 and home fkin broadband. To run an aggregated feed costs a lot of money. Etc. ... sigh so many reasons that I gather you won't get. Remember it was you that wanted 15% of retailers to win... someone who relies on that income. Amazing mathematics.

They lie and cheat and for years have not admitted all the bad practices that have been going on - which in fact as cost the normal "Joe Blogg" retailers millions in total just by taking a few thousands off them each.

Trying to preach to the choir, which is your usual ploy. If you can't cut chatting about the more advanced aspects of trading, attempt to appeal to the lowest common denominator with half truths they want to hear.

Unfortunately I just do not see any good commercial guys in forums - they all want to put the retailers off the "scent" - but nobody really spots this.

I and many others try and bring realism to people's goals. They shouldn't be told that they can make x% with tiny risk by people like you who don't know their own account performance.

When I started putting up accounts of retail traders doing say 3000% per month on live forex accounts - verified by a top accountancy firm - the commercial guys need to find fault. You yourself LV confirmed these figures are possible with some of your own finding on Forex tradersperformances

I'm sorry, name a live active account, previously live account or individual that is returning 3000% a month and has done for the past 5 years. Or fund. Or anything. Then your examples are worth something. This tiny sample competition horsesh!t isn't worth a damn. Best retail snowballer of all time known at large is Paul Rotter who took advantage of inefficiencies (oh but he did start with 7 figures...). None of what he says matches anything you do, I wonder why?

Now if these traders had to go through Sharpe Ratio tests - the results would be silly - its the wrong test

Nope would be fine, so long as they have traded for a year and have their dailies and PL statements then it's absolutely fine FoF wise. They would be required to provide this info. Currensee etc all provide this to end investors. I have seen some of the portfolios provided to Man and ISAM by these retail frontends so they all play ball...

Therefore without Ernst & Young or another top accountancy company verifying it - the likes of Random and Shakone would do their best to pull it apart - simply because they really dont want trader's to find out what is possible.

Well I'd need to see the whole audit package, broker confirmation, letter of professional comfort and then I'd pass the account... simples.

However various members who seem to think they have been here long enough to own and control the site - just want to criticise its standard and then even complain when things happen they don't like

They should charge for access instead as it's a massive conflict of interest of course.

In fact i would charge all members who did not contribute at least every quarter or whenever - just to get them to say something that might open up further debates.

With your insane number of posts destroying these boards lately, you'd probably get cashback!

So as I said from day one - I don't sell anything - ( so hardly a dodgy vendor) - my thread is for my own records and thoughts - but open to all day traders - and I will provide some live account details on various accounts I will open - but NO Way will i disclose my full trading accounts for the last one or three years .

Why should I ???

Because then it would take 5 posts to confirm your fraud, just like Davie, instead of 5,000?

It's easy - don't believe anything i say - that's no problem - and like Random and Shakone say - just view my thread for the lulz ;-))

Your lack of knowledge on this topic was apparent and you shouldn't have started a thread about it as it was embarrassing to all of us with even half a clue. There were no lulz. None.

5dZXT.gif

Last edited by a moderator: