Why Am I Losing So Often Compared To Wins??! + Why I Always Choose Wrong Direction??!

Anyone recognise this person? :innocent:

Attachments

• spanish.jpg
    spanish.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 161
Anyone recognise this person? :innocent:

yep isnt this the dude from that video of losses?

If so first..that video was funny.. why? because weve all expereinced that
second, stop using spreadbetting to trade intraday..thats a fools game
third Never EVER take arbritrary trades based on a whim, your entries should be because of specific reasons you have identified in writing before hand (your rules of entry) and the same for your exit. If you dont get this.. you should stop trading and read more books untill you master just one strategy , e.g. opening breakouts.

next #4. Good trading is not a substitue for fun, in fact it can be quite dull whilst you are learning CORRECTLY.. the fun comes in the pride after a trade NOT during a trade. If you are still anxious when placing a trade or fear the market. reduce your trade size ..simple...

.5 read more books.. your looking for strategies that are absolultely specific NOT loos statements based on emotions.
6. write down every trade you do and then the results from that trade..read Trading in the Zone for help on that and strategies.

Do these things and you will soon turn things around... concentrate on executing a flawless strategy NOT on jumping in and out of the markets based purely on your wmotional whim.. this is where my trading has turned around

hope that helps.. and sorry if I have duplicated what many have said

Paul

This guy isn't that guy who blew up on youtube if that's who you were referring to, by the way.

Hola spanish89,
On the one hand, trading is like any other human endeavor in that newbies tend to make the same mistakes. The most infamous of these - and one of the hardest to overcome - is hanging on to losing trades too long and closing out winning trades too soon. Solving this particular conundrum is a major part of the right of passage to becoming a Consistently Profitable Professional Trader (CPPT). That said, trading is unlike any other human endeavor in that newbies may make the same mistakes, but they make them at different times and in different degrees to one another. The consequence of this is that there are no 'norms' in terms of average profits or average losses or the average length of time it takes to turn the corner to becoming consistently profitable etc, etc. There are no averages, period, so the experience of any one trader will have no bearing whatsoever on your experience. While some traders are pretty much profitable right from the get go (rare), others never achieve this goal in spite of years of endeavor. And therein lies the rub: have you got the determination and self belief to think that one day you'll join the ranks of the privileged elite who can claim genuinely to be CPPT's? Don't look to arabianights, me or anyone else to help you answer this question. You have to do on your own, by yourself.
Tim.

Spot on Tim.

We can only hope the Iberian One takes note, and joins the long road......

yep isnt this the dude from that video of losses?

If so first..that video was funny.. why? because weve all expereinced that
second, stop using spreadbetting to trade intraday..thats a fools game
third Never EVER take arbritrary trades based on a whim, your entries should be because of specific reasons you have identified in writing before hand (your rules of entry) and the same for your exit. If you dont get this.. you should stop trading and read more books untill you master just one strategy , e.g. opening breakouts.

next #4. Good trading is not a substitue for fun, in fact it can be quite dull whilst you are learning CORRECTLY.. the fun comes in the pride after a trade NOT during a trade. If you are still anxious when placing a trade or fear the market. reduce your trade size ..simple...

.5 read more books.. your looking for strategies that are absolultely specific NOT loos statements based on emotions.
6. write down every trade you do and then the results from that trade..read Trading in the Zone for help on that and strategies.

Do these things and you will soon turn things around... concentrate on executing a flawless strategy NOT on jumping in and out of the markets based purely on your wmotional whim.. this is where my trading has turned around

hope that helps.. and sorry if I have duplicated what many have said

Paul

He will probably fail anyway, so why not have some fun in the meantime, eh?

What caught my eye was, 'if it still trends more over the next 10 - 15 seconds.'

Jeeze, what time frame are you living in?

Anyway, all the replies are spot on...

He was another flash in the pan, full of dreams of $$$ and disappeared as soon as reality bit.

He was another flash in the pan, full of dreams of $$$ and disappeared as soon as reality bit.

I was only wondering today what had happened to our Spanish friend.

Spanish - if you're out there, give us an update. :)

Aloha people ive been trading via BetOnMarkets.com for about 6months now on and off, and had losses there of about £500, but profit of about £450. :confused::|:eek:

But have now also been trading via spread-betting platform for 2weeks now.

On my 1st day i was free for 15mins in the morning before college, and so bought into the Ftse morning session, as since the Dow had finished up and and the Ftse was trending up i wanted to cash in.
But since it was only my 1st day using the platform i used demo account only..., less than 2minutes later i had earnt £84 of virtual money! :confused::|

(However as i dont finish college completely till April/May that was the only time i have and am likely to be able to cash in on the morning Ftse session) :!:
Which is by far my favorite to trade as its normally easily predictable as it mirrors close of Dow, and will trend straight in 1 direction for atleast 15 - 20mins straight!

But back to the current reality....
Over the last 2weeks ive tried almost every different stratergy there is!!!

1. Ive read the topics by the most traders on here and other forums.
2. Ive metup with a sucessful trader from here.
3. Ive tried slowing my trade frequency down.
4. Holding for on longer even when im in loss.
5. Only trading on the trend lines, and in dips.

But over the last 2weeks ive lost about £400-£500 on here, and only made about £250 - £300.

The max profit ive ever had in my account was £45, and then i lost all that + £60 more out of the £100 i had put in there from creditcard!
(I havent even made 1 withdrawal yet as just have been topping my account up everyday, just to lose end up losing most of it!! :!::mad::confused::(:(:cry::cry::cry::(:cry::cry:

My favorite market is the Ftse and oil, but i also trade a lil on the dow when its trending sharply, and from today going to try AUD/USD as it seems more stable and consistent straight then Ftse or oil.

I am a student currently, have about £1600 creditcard debt, and so my current capital left in account is about £60 now!! :(:cry::cry:

I want to become a fulltime trader when i leave college, and i know it takes lots of experience before you start being 'sucessful'..,
But i simply cannot afford the risk of holding a position for more than a few mins, let alone a few hours:!: :(:(

So my preferred and current style of trading is:

1. Looking at graph and trying to see if there is a trend starting in direction over the last minute to few minutes..

2. If there i either buy or sell into it, with minimum stoploss available (20pips on ftse/ 30dow oil and fx).

3. If it continues to go in my favour i will hold till i have about £6 - 8 profit and then close, unless its trending in my favour very fast and constant.

4. Once close i then look and if it still trends more over next 10 - 15secs i will trade again, or if its moving opposite way i will try to cash in on that too.

5. However when i open a trade and it starts to go against me i will normally try and hold till minus 6 or 7, and then either will close and be sad at loss, or try and hold out till it turns again, but then more than likely end up hitting stoploss and being even more upset and sad and depressed!! :(:(:cry::cry:

I dont just jump onto every tick and every trade randomly just to pass the time...
i do actually wait and only trade when i see a trend line forming...

But how come about 80 - 90% of the time when i trade in the direction of the trend line it either suddenly changes direction against me after a few seconds - few minutes???!!

Yesterday i made £230 profit with 15secs - few minute sclaping back and forth on oil in its last 2nd last hour, but at the same time lost £230+80 by it hitting the stoploss or having to close in loss before it hit S.L:!: :mad::(:(:cry::cry:

I try so so hard to research all the news and market data, even though i dont rely on just news,
and i watch and evalute so carefully to when i think a trend line is formed and going to continue in the same direction...,
but 80 - 90% of time it only goes in my favour 2-4pips max, and then turns against me and goes to loss!! :cry::cry:

But so how do some many others of you get the trend direction correct 80 - 90% of the time, and not have it change direction against you after 15secs - a few mins????!! :?::!: :-0:-0:(:(:cry::cry::cry:

Please plyz help me and tell me how you all manage to not have the trend turn against you always, even when i research into the market just as much as anyone else, and think before i trade??? :cry::cry:

I had traded different kinds of products:
equities, forex, copper futures, lead futures, gold futures, nikkei, US stock options.
My conclusion is that equities is the most sustainable trading instrument. Treat the equities as if you are owning part of the business.

However if you are not the patient and long term type, most likely equities investment does not attract you.

I had tried forex trading. My chance of winning is only 20%, then I switch to trading binary for forex, my chance of winning rises to 70%. For binary trading, I like to place volatility bets, its similar to buy strangle for options.

Aloha people ive been trading via BetOnMarkets.com for about 6months now on and off, and had losses there of about £500, but profit of about £450. :confused::|:eek:

But have now also been trading via spread-betting platform for 2weeks now.

On my 1st day i was free for 15mins in the morning before college, and so bought into the Ftse morning session, as since the Dow had finished up and and the Ftse was trending up i wanted to cash in.
But since it was only my 1st day using the platform i used demo account only..., less than 2minutes later i had earnt £84 of virtual money! :confused::|

(However as i dont finish college completely till April/May that was the only time i have and am likely to be able to cash in on the morning Ftse session) :!:
Which is by far my favorite to trade as its normally easily predictable as it mirrors close of Dow, and will trend straight in 1 direction for atleast 15 - 20mins straight!

But back to the current reality....
Over the last 2weeks ive tried almost every different stratergy there is!!!

1. Ive read the topics by the most traders on here and other forums.
2. Ive metup with a sucessful trader from here.
3. Ive tried slowing my trade frequency down.
4. Holding for on longer even when im in loss.
5. Only trading on the trend lines, and in dips.

But over the last 2weeks ive lost about £400-£500 on here, and only made about £250 - £300.

The max profit ive ever had in my account was £45, and then i lost all that + £60 more out of the £100 i had put in there from creditcard!
(I havent even made 1 withdrawal yet as just have been topping my account up everyday, just to lose end up losing most of it!! :!::mad::confused::(:(:cry::cry::cry::(:cry::cry:

My favorite market is the Ftse and oil, but i also trade a lil on the dow when its trending sharply, and from today going to try AUD/USD as it seems more stable and consistent straight then Ftse or oil.

I am a student currently, have about £1600 creditcard debt, and so my current capital left in account is about £60 now!! :(:cry::cry:

I want to become a fulltime trader when i leave college, and i know it takes lots of experience before you start being 'sucessful'..,
But i simply cannot afford the risk of holding a position for more than a few mins, let alone a few hours:!: :(:(

So my preferred and current style of trading is:

1. Looking at graph and trying to see if there is a trend starting in direction over the last minute to few minutes..

2. If there i either buy or sell into it, with minimum stoploss available (20pips on ftse/ 30dow oil and fx).

3. If it continues to go in my favour i will hold till i have about £6 - 8 profit and then close, unless its trending in my favour very fast and constant.

4. Once close i then look and if it still trends more over next 10 - 15secs i will trade again, or if its moving opposite way i will try to cash in on that too.

5. However when i open a trade and it starts to go against me i will normally try and hold till minus 6 or 7, and then either will close and be sad at loss, or try and hold out till it turns again, but then more than likely end up hitting stoploss and being even more upset and sad and depressed!! :(:(:cry::cry:

I dont just jump onto every tick and every trade randomly just to pass the time...
i do actually wait and only trade when i see a trend line forming...

But how come about 80 - 90% of the time when i trade in the direction of the trend line it either suddenly changes direction against me after a few seconds - few minutes???!!

Yesterday i made £230 profit with 15secs - few minute sclaping back and forth on oil in its last 2nd last hour, but at the same time lost £230+80 by it hitting the stoploss or having to close in loss before it hit S.L:!: :mad::(:(:cry::cry:

I try so so hard to research all the news and market data, even though i dont rely on just news,
and i watch and evalute so carefully to when i think a trend line is formed and going to continue in the same direction...,
but 80 - 90% of time it only goes in my favour 2-4pips max, and then turns against me and goes to loss!! :cry::cry:

But so how do some many others of you get the trend direction correct 80 - 90% of the time, and not have it change direction against you after 15secs - a few mins????!! :?::!: :-0:-0:(:(:cry::cry::cry:

Please plyz help me and tell me how you all manage to not have the trend turn against you always, even when i research into the market just as much as anyone else, and think before i trade??? :cry::cry:

Hi m8, reason for the looses are pretty simple, your trading method is not working,meaning u are entering the at places where the marked is not in your favor and you put stops at places that just bound to get stopped.On thing is to be unlucky but loosing all the time and getting stopped is not normal , that means there is something fundamental wrong with ur trading methos or your way of thinking and what u THINK u see in the marked. What you need to do is get a simultor account and spend a few months and watch the marked and how it behaves and build a new trading plan,and just test the new method with fake money, no reason to risk real money.

If u want please send me a private message and i will try to help you with setting up a trading plan with sound money managment, and we can talk about what you can do to get your mindset calm again, a calm mind is needed to make it, if u are emotional it will only make u do more mistakes.

I could have writen alot more buddy, but i am short of time, just pm me and i will do my best to help a fellow trader out .I have been down that road myself with losses but managed to get out of it.

With kind regards
Bashir naimy

If u want please send me a private message and i will try to help you with setting up a trading plan with sound money managment, and we can talk about what you can do to get your mindset calm again, a calm mind is needed to make it, if u are emotional it will only make u do more mistakes.

I could have writen alot more buddy, but i am short of time, just pm me and i will do my best to help a fellow trader out .I have been down that road myself with losses but managed to get out of it.

LMAO...!!

Somebody should pass this onto spanish. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Old thread. Spanish is now earning £1000 per week over on elitetrader posting daily screenshots. Who'd a thunk it.....