Oil At $138.80, I Sold At $135.67---- Should I Hold Or Cut Loss Now????!!

Thankyou to all of the people who have messaged me thanking me for posting my views and styles of trading,
and for all those of you who have asked me for my advice and for me to teach and help you learn to trade using my style ad method.

It really truely does make me feel very honoured.

OMG. Some people must be desperate.

Lee, sorry, because i copied it from my email i was not sure if others would be able to see it so i copied and pasted directly.

I don't like seeing people lose their money, but in this case his attitude stinks and the only way he ever seems to take notice is by taking a hit. He'll probably close for about £50 profit and think he's the world's greatest trader and then come here and tell us we're idiots for telling him to close.

Anyone can get lucky once, but his timing was awful to short Oil on a day like friday.

Just my 0.2 cents but Oil is presenting a good low risk, high reward setup for a short at this price - $136.77. Stop could be at $137.18 which I consider to be very tight ;)

I wouldn't take it because I don't trade like that but I think it's a good entry.

If you have to ask a bunch of strangers on a trading website what you should do with an open trade that is going against you, in my humble opinion, I seriously question whether you should be trading live with real money, or not.....

Might be a good idea to turn this crazy thread around...perhaps post weekly /daily / 4hr charts and monitor the price over the next few months......blow off....imaginary blow off ....either way....edge traders would probably only play oil longs under current conditions.

just my tuppence.

I would actually suggest being short Silver. But not vs the US$ as it's pretty volatile. I would actually favour trading it vs one of the less commoditised asia Economies. Favoured currency is Vietnam

Thus you would be "Long Dong/Silver"

;)

(p.s. sorry - couldn't resist)
Nice GJ, you need to cover your backside though.(longDong/Silver-Cl/KY)
...you could hedge it with a Crack Spread;)

However, if you do want an uncorrelated security to add to the portfolio, could I suggest Irish registered French Government bonds - Tresor Ireland.

I reckon oil prices are overpriced at the moment, and could start declining sharply within these few weeks. You'd obviously get rallies on certain days, but i think someone or a bunch of people will start to realise it's overvaluation and start shorting heavily, busting out investor's positions. Much like Gold when it hit $1000.

And spanish, you find this site boring and its people as the same, you are welcomed not to visit here again, but the fact that you do shows that you do find something useful here, and it's an endless amount of information for any trader.

You are branded dumb and dangerous simply because of your trading techniques which many of us here do not follow. It's nothing better than a blackjack player with chips of £1000, doubling up when your previous trade goes wrong.

You can't justify your "How did I earn so much with my dumb trading? Explain that huh!", as you simply get fortunate.

I can guarantee you that in the long run, you will bust out, and that would be a wake up call.

Ok, having said all that! Phew, now the friendly part!
We've all been through the same route to be perfectly honest, gamble gamble and more gambling. It's easy to feed on information given by others, like asking what will happen over the weekend, however, to grow and mature as a trader, it's learning from these setbacks that makes you more determined.

Try to gather information from different sources, and make a decision for yourself. There's no use if a GS analyst says Oil is set to break $200 by the end of 2009. No use reading just the FT, and placing a trade from that one source. Widen your horizons, you need to decide for yourself!

Nice with the part time as a Police officer! Make sure to keep those thugs away!

Last edited:
come on spanish, spill the beans, tell us you are out of that position now !