Who was that geyser.....

China Diapers

Established member
with the looney tunes martian (marvin martian?) as his avatar, neutron or newton or something, used to post here.

I can't post in the general forum for some reason so posted here.

Much obliged.

You mean neutron bomb ? (I'll probably get my phone tapped by MI6, or shot on the tube for using the word bomb as some poor sod from security services scans this afternoon t'internet traffic and flags me as a terrorist threat)

Otherwise known as Phil "35,000 pips a year" Newton ?

Is that the geyser you meant ?

You mean neutron bomb ? (I'll probably get my phone tapped by MI6, or shot on the tube for using the word bomb as some poor sod from security services scans this afternoon t'internet traffic and flags me as a terrorist threat)

Otherwise known as Phil "35,000 pips a year" Newton ?

Is that the geyser you meant ?

Haha, yes that's the geyser.

Oh jeez I didn't realise he was pulling in 35,000 pips. I seem to remember he had an interesting thread on breakout ideas but will take it with a pinch of salt now :)

Thanks

Haha, yes that's the geyser.

Oh jeez I didn't realise he was pulling in 35,000 pips. I seem to remember he had an interesting thread on breakout ideas but will take it with a pinch of salt now :)

Thanks

To be honest, the 35,000 pips thing isn't as ridiculous as it sounds.

A) he trades about 10 pairs, so divide by 10
B) IIRC he trades multiple positions with 3 exits, and sums the total from each individual position, so +50, +100 and +150 get reported as +300 ( to be fair he handles losses the same, but it does tend to overstate performance to his target market)

To be honest, the 35,000 pips thing isn't as ridiculous as it sounds.

A) he trades about 10 pairs, so divide by 10
B) IIRC he trades multiple positions with 3 exits, and sums the total from each individual position, so +50, +100 and +150 get reported as +300 ( to be fair he handles losses the same, but it does tend to overstate performance to his target market)

Well that's alright then

Well that's alright then

Just checked his website, it was 25,000 pips, last year. To his credit, he is quite transparent about how he accounts for gains and losses.

I don't think his returns are unrealistic, having said that I do have serious concerns regarding his weekly PnL charts, they look a little too good to be true with only 12 losing weeks over the year, and no losing months. If those are realistic he's amongst the best that I've ever seen.

I can't understand why he'd bother with the vendoring gig

Last edited:
Just checked his website, it was 25,000 pips, last year. To his credit, he is quite transparent about how he accounts for gains and losses.

I don't think his returns are unrealistic, having said that I do have serious concerns regarding his weekly PnL charts, they look a little too good to be true with only 12 losing weeks over the year, and no losing months. If those are realistic he's amongst the best that I've ever seen.

I can't understand why he'd bother with the vendoring gig

Well I am interested in higher time frames so if I was to adapt his method his returns wouldn't be relevant anyway and I am not looking to make use of his services.

I see you are in Malta, I am there in June for a holiday, is Paradise Exiles still a going concern?

I met him twice, sorry i don't share this guilty until proven innocent attitude.

I met him twice, sorry i don't share this guilty until proven innocent attitude.

woh there. I certainly am not saying he is guilty of anything, all I said was someone seeming a genuine person is hardly sufficient evidence to warrant paying for a vendors services. For me that would be low down on the list if I was in the market for a vendor. beginners should maintain a healthy skeptical approach to vendors, the words of Dr Alexander Elder, and I agree with him.

The thing is he teachers trading techniques, and that all. He makes no promises about guaranteed profit, % returns or anything like that. He's an educator and he is very passionate about trading.

He' certainly does not fit into the category of an a+b+c = 1500 pips a week profit type vendor.

well I for one will maintain a healthy (not unhealthy) scepticism to all trading vendors, history has taught me this and also people I know and trust in this industry have taught me this.

On his website he does claim to have made 25,070 pips last year. Even if he was trading a poultry 1 lot of forex that would add up to $250k+ in profits in 2012. If he had earned $250k+ in a year trading it doesn't strike me as credible to then charge £60pm to teach people how to trade. Do you see what I am saying. It would be like a highly paid lawyer doing a bit of £5p/hour overtime, just not credible in my book.

If I was a newbie I would certainly be looking for more evidence, perhaps a monthly statement. Any professional would understand and simply provide it.

Anyway I have no idea whether the guy is genuine or not and is actually earning these pips, it's up to the individual to do their own due diligence and make up their own mind.

Jamie Oliver is a successful chef and restaurant owner. Why should he sell cook books if he makes enough money?

You can't judge peoples motives purely on how much money you think they make. If you do it probably says more about yourself then the person you are judging.

Maybe he's passionate about teaching? Maybe he wants to network and meet people as well as trade?

Secondly, its only £60 a month or whatever. He's only going to make money from that business if people keep re subscribing on a monthly basis. Meaning he has to provide a service that people value. Scammers try to take large one off payments because they know their days are numbered.

I actually used his service for a few months. Did I make money blindly copying his trades? NO! - Did it inspire me to new ways of thinking and open up new ideas to me YES!

Last edited: