This weekends Question...

I’ve been fighting shy of responding to this because I knew the memories and feelings it would inevitably bring to the surface once again would lead me, very possibly, down those dark, dank corridors of memory, more out of protection than design shielded from conscious thought – more out of pity than shame, hidden from the Lord’s gaze. But perhaps now is the right time to exorcise my demons…

It was a hot, humid evening as it pretty much always is in this part of the world. They had been firing across our lines all night long, parachute flares, RPGs, random sniper fire. Madness. The monsoon evening rains had quenched for but a few seconds the parched earth on which we lay and gave a musty, foetid odour to the vegetation which was fast withering in the chemical death of week long A-O fly-bys.

Rations has long since diminished to forage-and-find and the scraps we were able to steal from the corpses of those recently slain was woefully insufficient and served only to heighten the hunger and deepen the desperation of our situation.

Rain, heat, mud, death, blood, killing, thirst, separation and then – with clarity and overwhelming ‘knowing’ – pure realisation: If I ever got out of here, I would follow the teachings of that jungle and trade for a living.

With that, I grabbed a nearby Bramble bush and stuck it up my ass as a reminder, for all time, of what it was going to be like on t2w.

:-0

Wow, this is a little closer to what I thought might happen.
Still a good read at the right time of day.

I considered the matter whilst on board a plane taking off from Filton, oddly it was on a conveyor belt speeding in the opposite direction. So relaxed was I that all would be well I only looked out of the window just in time to see the Peto gardens at Ilford Manor 2000 feet below.

I always thought chump was a shortening of camel's hump. A nod to his ability to go for days without posting...

Nice bit of prose, Tony. Which reminds me, must go and watch the real jungle show now - "Lost".

You didn't believe me did you Richard.

To my briothers in the 209th who stood shoulder to shoulder with me at An Loc - "Âksâr chhôr reăhmŭkh yŭkôleăkpĭntŭ musĕkâtônd sanhyoŭk sannha".

Last edited:
The question I want an answer to is why are T2W putting the back of little Lisa Simpson's head here?

Attachments

• t2w.gif
    t2w.gif
    33.8 KB · Views: 147
I've always been fascinated by numbers and patterns.
Fibonelli = Fibonacci & Elliot Wave

The avatar illustrates that all bubble markets eventually fail.

Pretty boring really. Joined and thought i wouldnt be on here that long
so just settled with my name and and my email address closest to my name.
Still think about changingto something with a bit more kick to it but just
cant be ar*ed.:)

gedward3

Stll dont know how to change my avatar and not really took the time to look
into it.

Last edited:
if we're now stating the obvious ..then "My lack of an avatar illustrates that chumps need no visual identification" ;)

The question I want an answer to is why are T2W putting the back of little Lisa Simpson's head here?

Good question!! I think the answer is the fact that they didn't want to spring for something a bit more interesting like the silhouette off Harrison Fords head with the hat on it from Indiana Jones. That cost a bit too much from what I hear!
Or it could be what a smiley looks like after you hit it with a large hammer.

Last edited:
Wow I was looking at the first 100 or so people to have signed up here at Trade2Win and you will never guess what I found...:eek:

There was a TRENDY before TRENDIE:-0

!!!!!!