what other hobbies do you have?

Still relevant
Lots of good ideas beside trading.
Now that I have given up tennis and golf I have to find other things to fill my day.
I get lots of sex spam inviting me to....but alas I have had to give that up too.
Gardening takes some of my time.
Gardening is a great activity. I find it very relaxing and soothing.

Gardening is a great activity. I find it very relaxing and soothing.
Also very rewarding especially when the fruit, veg and flowers behave themselves.
Nothing tastes as good as home grown fruit, especially raspberries. The only competition being pesky birds.

Some time ago I thought if I was really desperate to make some money I could try being a busker around London's streets and subways. The latter were particularly appealing because of the acoustics. There was 1 problem though - my singing is dreadful,
However I thought of a solution. I would record soloist songs on a tape recorder and just strum along on a guitar while kareoking the words of a renowned singer like Johnny Cash.
Luckily for Londoners I never quite struck that low and saved myself some embarrassing moments too perhaps.
I rather went off the idea of joining the mercenaries hanging out in Earls Court.

Some time ago I thought if I was really desperate to make some money I could try being a busker around London's streets and subways. The latter were particularly appealing because of the acoustics. There was 1 problem though - my singing is dreadful,
However I thought of a solution. I would record soloist songs on a tape recorder and just strum along on a guitar while kareoking the words of a renowned singer like Johnny Cash.
Luckily for Londoners I never quite struck that low and saved myself some embarrassing moments too perhaps.
I rather went off the idea of joining the mercenaries hanging out in Earls Court.

Pat.. you can be anything you want. Just change the words (do Dylan,, it's singing, but not as we know it)

'We're scared of Flu,
We're scared of Coviiiiid,
We're scared to shop without a mask,
in case we drop deeeaad...

Where have you been ?
Which country did you like best and why ?
After years of travelling in my youth it was a relief to get back home again.

Last edited:
Years ago I used to collect stamps and coins. Older and rarer the better .

I love reading - both for educational and leisure purposes -, I play the piano, and I love drawing, too, although this latter gets neglected a lot because it can be time consuming.

The present situation is getting worse it seems. Even my local Tesco was shut yesterday and milk deliveries also.
One's hobbies may have to take a backseat while we are forced to be survivalists. A dreadful thought should it get that bad.
Regular politicians have let things collapse and the only alternatives to a bungling Boris etc. are even worse.

The present situation is getting worse it seems. Even my local Tesco was shut yesterday and milk deliveries also.
One's hobbies may have to take a backseat while we are forced to be survivalists. A dreadful thought should it get that bad.
Regular politicians have let things collapse and the only alternatives to a bungling Boris etc. are even worse.
Tesco re-opened and the milk is flowing again.
The great famine is not here yet.

But haven't bothered for years.

I think I may have invented a new game. Well new to me for some years.
It goes like this:-
The game is called What if.

What if Napoleon won the battle of Waterloo ?