what other hobbies do you have?

eagletower

71 7
I assume most people will either trade for a living or as a hobbie that hopefully makes them money, but out of curiosity what other interests do you have?

i am big fan of Remote control cars and planes. Unfortunatley due to the time required etc i haven't really flown r/c planes in a while, but have a few kyoshso remote control cars which get plenty of action!

yourselves?

Vrothdar

344 30
Used to race radio control cars myself - Dad took me all over the country doing it when I was younger.

Now I swim, drink, play videogames, read, watch movies, play a little golf (pretty poorly) and intend to get back into martial arts again.

new_trader

Legendary member
6,232 1,285
I have a full-time job but because I do shift work I actually have access to the market I trade for more than 75% of the trading hours (overall). Sometimes I have a full week of trading. I sometimes think it's no different to saying I am a full time trader with a part time job! I train at the gym most mornings and get home ready for the afternoon opening of the US market. I am also learning to play the piano.

Have you seen this video!
Extreme RC Helicopter Flying - MSN Video

rnicoll

Established member
501 14
Full time job, part time PhD and trading eats most of my life. Can I call "sleep" a hobby?

rathcoole_exile

Veteren member
3,924 766
sorry, maybe not the most PC - my hobby consists of bar-fining girls short-time from go-go bars

Reactions: BSD

eagletower

71 7
I have a full-time job but because I do shift work I actually have access to the market I trade for more than 75% of the trading hours (overall). Sometimes I have a full week of trading. I sometimes think it's no different to saying I am a full time trader with a part time job! I train at the gym most mornings and get home ready for the afternoon opening of the US market. I am also learning to play the piano.

Have you seen this video!
Extreme RC Helicopter Flying - MSN Video

that is an amazing video, the guy controlling it must be nuts! must be a few grands worth of helicopter there and he's got it going all over the place!

my job is mainly desk based ( IT) and i find myself in the evenings more now in front of the PC watching the markets- i really need to join a gym as i have noticed the pounds start to pile on (unfortunatley the wrong type of pounds not £'s:D)

I think trading should come with a health warning- WARNING - you will spend more more time in front of your PC and put on weight.

shadowninja

Legendary member
5,524 643
Is it wise to consider trading as a hobby. 99% of hobbies lose people money.

Anyway, sports cars (I try not to think about depreciation or running costs!), climbing, martial arts (of course), complementary therapies, playing the piano.

Gumping

Established member
876 152
I've been doing martial arts in some form or other for most of my life. In the last couple of years that has stopped happening and I really miss it - I get far more stressed and feel my joints ceasing up and muscles tighten. Not good! I'd like to do more than I do at the moment.
Also play guitar and sing, read alot, do some running and absolutely love cooking and stuff to do with food. You need to be active when you have that sort of hobby :whistling

Vrothdar

344 30
martial arts (of course)
Which martial arts do you practice? Used to do ju-jitsu when I was younger. Tried taking it up again at university but found it difficult to drop old habits and relearn things they way they taught them.

Certainly want to take up martial arts again. Not sure whether to do jujitsu again or learn more about other martial arts and pick up a different one.

rathcoole_exile

Veteren member
3,924 766
V,
did yu do WJJF, BJJA or Brazilian ?

I did WJJF 3 tmes a week in London and then used to go up to Liverpool HQ two weekends a month to study under Sensei Bob

rathcoole_exile

Veteren member
3,924 766

Anyway, sports cars (I try not to think about depreciation or running costs!), climbing, martial arts (of course), complementary therapies, playing the piano.

and dating young hispanic boys from Staines ??? .........:cool:

eagletower

71 7

good point! hobby/investement!

Climbing, i recently started myslef, joined the Castle Club on Green Lanes, North London if you know it. Heaps of fun and gives you a really good work out.

Tenapenny

Experienced member
1,005 46
Used to do off-roading until my better half recently rolled and wrote-off the Land-Rover. Bad accident really as she spent a week in hospital but is ok now. Looking around for another motor to thrash.

JTrader

5,741 506
I assume most people will either trade for a living or as a hobbie that hopefully makes them money, but out of curiosity what other interests do you have?

i am big fan of Remote control cars and planes. Unfortunatley due to the time required etc i haven't really flown r/c planes in a while, but have a few kyoshso remote control cars which get plenty of action!

yourselves?
Besides trading, coronation street, eastenders, home and away, neighbours, emmerdale, hollyoaks, doctors, big brother, x factor and sky sports news, i dont really have time for any hobbies.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pat494 The Foyer 98