What to do?

k13shn

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum, although I’ve been watching it for quite a while now.

I've recently had an interest in the financial markets, mainly forex, I’ve read a few books, used a few demo accounts, and briefly traded using a spread betting account. I’ve just turned 24, I’ve been self employed since I was 19, and work in retail – I earn good money – and my business runs itself, I would like to pursue a career in trading.

I’ve thought about doing S11,IMC and CFA or a securities diploma, but I’ve read on the forum that if there not in active use after one year, then I’d have to do them again, the other option I was considering was a masters of some sort(maybe international trade and finance) which would help me to get a decent job placement. I know that having a degree isn’t essential to get on to the trading path, but when looking for trainee positions, all of them ask for a 2:1 degree at least.

I have a 2:2 degree in Business Computing, (not the best I know, but I was working 70+hours a week while I was at uni)

Would doing a masters be worth it? (and what should i do it in) Or have I left it too late to get a decent job where they’d teach and train me up to become an assistant/trader?

Are there any other qualifications/course which I can do in my spare time, I’ve read a lot about the courses which are scams etc…and I’m just looking for something to give me a real insight into the trading world – not only to maybe get a job with but also helping me trade at home.
I've also had a look at TCA Markets remote trading, where they remotely train you up, and maybe offer you a job at the end....any good?
Any comments are much appreciated

Last edited: