Weekly forecast for S&P 500 cash 2011

I think we go up a bit. Volume and volatility will be very low

I won't be around to much this week, so I want to wish everyone a safe and Merry Christmas to you and your families.

Peter

Happy Christmas to you too

average = 1239
wt average = 1237

up = 11
down = 1

highest = 1300
lowest = 1184

only 1 more week to go after this one

For Week Ending Friday 23rd December at 1265.3

Name...........Call.........Points.......Direction .....Podium ...…Total
Pat494……….....1245….......18.......….......1………. .. ....1……...….20
wackypete2.....1229.........18..................1 .. .... ........0...........19
Gaffs1964........1230.........15..................1 ... . ..........0..........16
dpinpon...........1259..........10............... .1... ..............3.......,..14
Atilla................1184..........12............. . ..0... ..............0..........12
robster970.......1255............9................ 1 .. . ...........2............12
Av....................1239..........10........... ......1. ................0...........11
Wt av...............1237...........10................1.. ... . .........0...........11
DonStar...........1231.............9....... .........1 . ........ ......0...........10
Isatrader..........1225............8.............. ..1 . ..............0............9
VielGeld...........1300.............7.............. .1.................0............8
LuKOs.ro..........0000.............6................ 0 . .... ..........0............6
Doomberg.......0000.............4.................0 .................0..........4
dc2000............0000.............4.............. ..0. ... ............0............4
bodavula.........1233.............1............ ....1..................0............2

Our winner this week is dpinpon, with a creditable second by robster. It's a straight dash for this quarter's winning post by the top 3.
Have a merry Christmas everyone

:clap:

Providing I beat Atilla this quarter, I will be a happy man. :p

Robster mon ami - you must be the snail and mi the rabbit...

just for you next week I will do my routine calcs and then pick the opposite of what I would do by equal pips from Friday's close.

Effectively - I will face the wrong direction running backwards if my last few weeks record prove me to be consistent...

Confused? You will be!

Festive greetings and cheers to all :party:

Congrats, Rob! I expect no less! :p

As for me, man, it just goes to show that even when you're right you might still lose money (or at least not make as much as you thought).

Happy Holidays, guys. May your loot be tremendous, and cherish family. Best wishes!

Thanks Gaff 1964, and congrats to you as well, being on top three only Pat and two more:cheesy:
Have a wonderfull and merry christmas everybody, dont forget to share to the less fortunate, after all we ll get more. God bless you all.

It looks a bit flat to me so could go either way. Think I will go up though - 1281 for me

Hi Pat: Thank you for giving us a great learning vehicle. I am sure it takes a lot of time and effort.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

I'm all in for the last week of 2011 at 1277.30

Don...

Hi Pat: Thank you for giving us a great learning vehicle. I am sure it takes a lot of time and effort.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

I'm all in for the last week of 2011 at 1277.30

Don...

DonStar is right Pat, this has become one of those threads I look forward to over the weekend. Great stuff and big thank you for your olympian effort in maintaining it. (y)

I'm going to stick with my last week's call of 1184.

I've given up on first place, but I do hope I beat Robster ;).

Man lives on hope - as I like to say often...

Wishing you all a very merry Xmas, love and joy... :love::love::love:

I'm going to stick with my last week's call of 1184.

I've given up on first place, but I do hope I beat Robster ;).

I think you've thrown the fight this week my friend. :eek:

All the best to you all guys - hope you had a good Christmas:D

So, 1217 for me this week.

I agree on direction with Atilla as I think it's come to the top of it's range there or thereabouts. However I don't think it will break 1200 and certainly not the 1190ish low it made some time ago under volume.

Last edited:
1285 please Pat as the downward trend channel that has been in place for most of the year has been finally broken out of to the upside.

Also the Santa Claus rally so touted by the media is not actually before Christmas, it's the week following Christmas into year end. The Stock Traders Almanac came up with it in 1972 and it's seems to have been hijacked and distorted by the media to include any rally before Christmas. Here's the quote from the 2005 version of the Almanac which I found on Google and have attached. You can find the stats on page 116:

IF SANTA CLAUS SHOULD FAIL TO CALL BEARS MAY COME TO BROAD & WALL
Santa Claus tends to come to Wall Street nearly every year, bringing a short, sweet, respectable rally within the last five days of the year and the first two in January. This has been good for an average 1.7% gain since 1969 (1.5% since 1950). Santa’s failure to show tends to precede bear markets, or times stocks could be purchased later in the year at much lower prices. Such occasions provide opportunities for long-term players to at least write options on their stocks. We discovered this phenomenon in 1972.

Attachments

• SPX_weekly_23_12_11.png
    SPX_weekly_23_12_11.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 339
  • Yale Hirsch, Jeffrey Hirsch - Stock Traders Almanac 2005.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,095
  • Santarally_Almanac.png
    Santarally_Almanac.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 180
I'm looking the Santa Claus rally right in the eye and saying, "I dare ya"!

Going down... 1245

Peter

We closed out right into decembers resistance on friday and do not think we will breach it on low volume but it will push up into years end, another point, the breaking out of the gate of the simetrical triangle supports the fat santa rally.
So 1285 too.