Website Upgrade - Site Downtime

Glad you could make it Bonsai.

Some of the existing urls will have changed for the various pages - so if any don't work, it's a case of going to that page and bookmarking it again.

The link to the View Latest Threads is:
http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/search.php?s=&do=getdaily&days=5

As for remembering you - once you're logged in you should now stay logged in unless you explicitly log out. If you're not afraid of deleting your existing cookies you could try that in case it's got confused between the old and versions of the site.

Theknifemac: Is there any chance you can reset your security settings to the default to see if that solves the problem? It might help to track down the culprit. But it would seem to me to be a particular setting you've got on the browser.

Sharky said:
Theknifemac: Is there any chance you can reset your security settings to the default to see if that solves the problem? It might help to track down the culprit. But it would seem to me to be a particular setting you've got on the browser.

Sharky

Will give it a try, but because of the way the fix was applied, am not sure how I can tell what the default settings are... And not even sure where all of the options are applied in IE as the script went straight to the registry. Will let you know how I get on.

Ta

Stew

theknifemac said:
Sharky

Will give it a try, but because of the way the fix was applied, am not sure how I can tell what the default settings are... And not even sure where all of the options are applied in IE as the script went straight to the registry. Will let you know how I get on.

Ta

Stew

Resetting back to IE defaults and I still get the same problem. Very strange indeed. Will try a few more things tomorrow.

Cheers

Stew

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but every time I log on I get a message telling me to download Macromedia Flash as it is needed to view this site. But I have just upgraded to XP from ME and am having a few issues so don't know if this is related.

Why are we all on distiguished roads? and where do they lead to?

Stew, it's been suggested to me you do a "hard-refresh" of the page, by holding down the Ctrl button when hitting the refresh button. This forces the browser to reload the page, and the accompanying javascript file just in case you're computer is storing an old or corrupted one.

Demag, I'm suprised it prompt you to download flash - we do deliver flash adverts so you may get a prompt whenever one is displayed (although I didn't think you would do). Nowadays lots of sites use flash, so I'd simply install the latest version - is there a reason not to?

Sharky said:
Stew, it's been suggested to me you do a "hard-refresh" of the page, by holding down the Ctrl button when hitting the refresh button. This forces the browser to reload the page, and the accompanying javascript file just in case you're computer is storing an old or corrupted one.
Ho hum no luck with that either Sharky, I'll have another google later today.

Stew

Receipts on PMs

Anyone know of a way to permanently disable the 'receipt required' check each time you send a PM?

There doesn't seem to be anything in the user options to do this.

PLUS

How do I extract PMs to txt etc. files?

Last edited:
I've turned off the tracking facility as I can't really see much benefit in having it - and I also find the confirmation pop-ups a little bit annoying.

To download your PMs, scroll to the bottom of your folder and you'll see the options to:
Download all Private Messages as :
XML | CSV | Text

On a different not - if anyone is finding that they're having to log in everytime they visit the site, you may need to delete your cookies then relogin and it should then keep you logged in even when you close your browser and then return to the site. Please be aware that deleting your cookies means reloging back in to all your favourite sites, unless you manage to selectively delete our cookies, but only for those advanced users who manage to look up how to on google.

Hi

I seem to be having a problem with the clock

my settings are GMT and auto DST but its still 8.37

?

No, I don't think so Bonsai - I think it simply means *always* use DST ie. deduct one hour over the Summer months only. Presumably some countries don't have DST adjustments at all.

Can anything be done about all the white and other space that is being used up at the top of the page ?
-View Latest Threads -

The list of threads is only starting half way down my screen (1024x768)
and I can only see 5 threads when it loads.

it also means that I have to keep paging up to reload as 'click-refresh' doesnt work anymore.

but the 'space overhead' applies to other pages as well

something has messed up all my previous threads !

have you switched off html ?

Hi Bonsai,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your earlier posts - can you attach a screenshot of the View Latest Threads page so I can see what you mean, it doesn't seem as bad on mine - but I can probably tweak it to give a little bit more space for the actual threads themselves.

Unfortunately, yes, we had to switch off html on the forums. Having it turned on posed all sorts of security risks and opens up exploits that could potentially be used to cause malicious harm to our pcs.

Regards,

ok, here goes.
a bit more than you expected perhaps ?
:LOL:

I spent quite some time on those threads - so I am not best pleased -
grrrr !

Attachments

• space.gif
    space.gif
    71 KB · Views: 279
geez sharky

I have just looked at my journal

you have made it unreadable

might as well delete the whole goddam thing

bloody hell !

last night I was annoyed

this morning I am fuming

who is going to restore my journal - you want me to do that?

no chance

Er, Bonsai, dont you think you ought to calm down a bit?

We've all had work to do. I have had to redo both the First Steps Guide and the Techies Corner guide (and they're still not finished), dont take it so personally mate.