Major upgrade to T2W coming soon!

trendie

Legendary member
6,241 1,011
Forex Factory (sorry) has a function where you can list all the attachments or images on a specific thread.
this is useful if you are looking for a specific PDF, or piece of code (eg, .mq4), without trawling the entire thread.
this new-T2W doesnt have that?

trendie

Legendary member
6,241 1,011
Can you pm me where you're seeing that? As you shouldn't be able to see that. It could be something to do with your user group permissions as you are/were a member of a few private groups.
I think its because I am set up as moderator!
Top-left I have "moderator" showing. That might be it.

Sharky

Admin
5,560 295
Forex Factory (sorry) has a function where you can list all the attachments or images on a specific thread.
this is useful if you are looking for a specific PDF, or piece of code (eg, .mq4), without trawling the entire thread.
this new-T2W doesnt have that?
Voila... test it out for yourself here:
http://new.trade2win.com/threads/trading-the-nq.218992/attachlist

I think its because I am set up as moderator!
Top-left I have "moderator" showing. That might be it.
That would explain it! I'll fix your permissions now.

Attachments

trendie

Legendary member
6,241 1,011
overall first impressions = fresh, modern, slick.
obviously, we have to adapt to the new style, but looks very professional.

Sharky

Admin
5,560 295
overall first impressions = fresh, modern, slick.
obviously, we have to adapt to the new style, but looks very professional.
:clap:

FXX

Experienced member
1,155 196
i have one complaint. It doesn't bring me coffee on demand, whats going on here!

Last edited:

Sharky

Admin
5,560 295
I don't see a 'Go To Last Post' for a thread. That is a handy feature.
So the functionality is similar to what we have today. If you click on threads via the 'new posts' page or sidebar, it'll automatically take you to the newest unread post. If you click on a thread via the forum list of threads, then the thread title will take you to the first page, but all multi-page threads show numbers for the last pages, so you can click the last number to go to the last page - same as what we have now but it doesn't explicitly say 'last page'. I think after using it for a few days, it'll become second nature, but I'd definitely want to hear from members after a week or two if something still doesn't quite feel right. Then we can easily change it.

dbphoenix

Legendary member
6,952 1,244
So the functionality is similar to what we have today. If you click on threads via the 'new posts' page or sidebar, it'll automatically take you to the newest unread post. If you click on a thread via the forum list of threads, then the thread title will take you to the first page, but all multi-page threads show numbers for the last pages, so you can click the last number to go to the last page - same as what we have now but it doesn't explicitly say 'last page'. I think after using it for a few days, it'll become second nature, but I'd definitely want to hear from members after a week or two if something still doesn't quite feel right. Then we can easily change it.
It may be too late to bring this up, or maybe not, but if changes can still be made, I have to wonder what the purpose of the page with forums, what's going on, and top 25 stats is. For example, "new posts" carries much more information than "latest posts", including what forum the post is in, so why have both? As for "most viewed" and "top posters", these don't necessarily convey the desired message. For example, rather than "most viewed" perhaps "most liked" would be better. Rather than "top posters" perhaps "most liked", though combining "most liked" posters and "most liked" posts would accomplish the same goal. Right now, "top posters" means those who post the most, which is not necessarily a good thing, given those who make post after post in rapid succession just to get their name on a list. Back in the good old days when James Lee owned TL, those who had the largest number of "liked" posts were rewarded (you did something similar once upon a time). This reduced trolling to a large extent and also provided newcomers with some measure of whose opinions were valued and whose were not. And of course a large set of "quality" posts increases page views and time spent on site.

Just a thought.

Db

Sharky

Admin
5,560 295
It may be too late to bring this up, or maybe not, but if changes can still be made, I have to wonder what the purpose of the page with forums, what's going on, and top 25 stats is. For example, "new posts" carries much more information than "latest posts", including what forum the post is in, so why have both? As for "most viewed" and "top posters", these don't necessarily convey the desired message. For example, rather than "most viewed" perhaps "most liked" would be better. Rather than "top posters" perhaps "most liked", though combining "most liked" posters and "most liked" posts would accomplish the same goal. Right now, "top posters" means those who post the most, which is not necessarily a good thing, given those who make post after post in rapid succession just to get their name on a list. Back in the good old days when James Lee owned TL, those who had the largest number of "liked" posts were rewarded (you did something similar once upon a time). This reduced trolling to a large extent and also provided newcomers with some measure of whose opinions were valued and whose were not. And of course a large set of "quality" posts increases page views and time spent on site.

Just a thought.

Db
Never too late to bring something up, and when we do make the switch and the new site goes live, I'll continue making improvements.

So you're talking about the Top 25 Stats on the existing site. You'll notice the new site we don't have that section. There is a new Members section in the header here: http://new.trade2win.com/members/ which currently lists Most messages, likes and points. A breakdown of the points system is available here: http://new.trade2win.com/help/trophies/ and this can easily be configured.

As for recognising the top members by the number of likes, I recall when we had the yearly awards we recognised the top members by votes in different categories, this is still available here: http://www.tradingawards.com/winners.html
and we did reward them with something.

You'll notice on the new site we have user titles again, but unlike the current site it's not based just on post count, instead it's based on the points system that's I've linked from above, which can also take into account things like no. of likes. Here's what the default settings are, but we can change them to whatever make sense given we have members already with a lot of points, see the Members link above (since the site goes back so far and we recalculate this for everyone after importing).

Attachments

dbphoenix

Legendary member
6,952 1,244
As for recognising the top members by the number of likes, I recall when we had the yearly awards we recognised the top members by votes in different categories, this is still available here: http://www.tradingawards.com/winners.html
and we did reward them with something.
Yes, I was one of the rewardees. FWIW, James encouraged people to make "Post of the Day" submissions. If I remember correctly, it was just a thread, but popular. Then the posts with the most likes got Post of the Month (there may have been a Post of the Week step in there) and the winner got a $10 Amazon gift certificate. This is all nearly ten years ago, so my memory may be rusty. But I do remember it's being popular and it had an appreciable effect on the quality of the posts. The new owners got rid of all that (whether or not this had anything to do with the exodus is a matter of opinion).

Db

Sharky

Admin
5,560 295
Yes, I was one of the rewardees. FWIW, James encouraged people to make "Post of the Day" submissions. If I remember correctly, it was just a thread, but popular. Then the posts with the most likes got Post of the Month (there may have been a Post of the Week step in there) and the winner got a $10 Amazon gift certificate. This is all nearly ten years ago, so my memory may be rusty. But I do remember it's being popular and it had an appreciable effect on the quality of the posts. The new owners got rid of all that (whether or not this had anything to do with the exodus is a matter of opinion).

Db
Sounds good, let's do it I say, post migration.

Sharky

Admin
5,560 295
Good news, we've managed to migrate all the reviews across, you can view them on the test site here: http://new.trade2win.com/reviews/ - this section, as does the existing one, needs work to get it more useful to everyone, but I think it would have been a shame to lose all the reviews that many of you have taken the trouble to write over the years.