Website Upgrade - Site Downtime

rossored said:
To add to subscriptions, you need to click the "forum tools" or "thread tools" tab at the top of each thread.
Thanks for that Rosso, have only had one coffee so far today so must be missing something, clicking on forum tools just takes me to the bottom but don't see how I add the forum to my list of subscribed forums, so they show up in my control panel ?

Ta

Stew

Maybe a screenshot will help my explanation.

And here's also the answer to the "marking read" question LOL

Attachments

• forums.JPG
    forums.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 202
Rosso
I haven't had ANYcoffee yet but I cant get the drop down menu you are showing??

DCOM, ACTIVEX settings perhaps?

Last edited:
Rognvald said:
Rosso
I haven't had ANYcoffee yet but I cant get the drop down menu you are showing??
Am having a secondary coffee as I type, but like Rognvald when I click on forum tools I get taken to the bottom of the page, clicking on the drop down arrow and I get nothing. Am sure it is a scripting / security issue and may be related to the warnings I am getting from IE all over the place about script errors.

In fact I get a syntax error at line 1931 on this page when I click on the warning icon at the bottom left of IE. I am sure this is what is causing me the grief....

Stew

Well i've just had my first coffee but its still working OK here. All my settings are default, I dont mess about with them.

rossored said:
Well i've just had my first coffee but its still working OK here. All my settings are default, I dont mess about with them.

Well have turned off my debug scripts option in IE and that seems to have fixed the problem with the script errors, though am still getting the icon displayed at the bottom LHS of IE showing there are script errors on the page, I suspect this is what is mucking up my ability to view the drop down menus.

Mac

Hi The Knife mac

Am having a secondary coffee as I type, but like Rognvald when I click on forum tools I get taken to the bottom of the page, clicking on the drop down arrow and I get nothing. Am sure it is a scripting / security issue and may be related to the warnings I am getting from IE all over the place about script errors.
Has changing the IE settings, sorted out the problem :?:

----------------------------

Hi Oatman

I can't find "mark forums read"
I am missing it?
You can mark all forums read, by clicking on the quick links above.

HTH, if not, try drinking Coke instead of coffee - works for me ;)

Attractive upgrade for sure.

I'm just wondering how to edit gallery photos as there doesn't seem to be an edit / upload button, but I'm probably just being blind and/or silly?

Edit: Ahh, so you have to log in again! Sorted.

Last edited:
Paul
Am apparently now unable to move software threads to their correct destination - am I missing somryhing?

FTSE Beater said:
Hi The Knife mac

Has changing the IE settings, sorted out the problem :?:

----------------------------

Hi Oatman

You can mark all forums read, by clicking on the quick links above.

HTH, if not, try drinking Coke instead of coffee - works for me ;)

Changing activex in IE makes no difference

Logging on

I have to log on each time I visit even though Remember Me is checked.
Any other buttons to push? :cheesy:

Found the mark 'em read, thanks all. ;)

Logging on

I am also constantly being asked to log on, even as I just move from one thread to another or back from a thread to the home page.

Frugi....cookies were enabled before......but I don't seem to be having the problem now, it's really weird :confused:

ooops...spoke too soon. Seems to happen like a random event. Any other ideas what could be going wrong?

Hiya FB

Was able to stop warnings popping up on most pages by changing my IE settings to switch off debugging scripts, however I am still getting a error in the bottom LHS of IE in the status bar complaining about errors on the page. These mean that the (I presume) javascript menus don't work for me so can't change my subscribed forums or mark forums as red. I think Rog has the same problem. Have been busy coding today, but will investigate this further later. Am sure it is IE settings or my firewall.

Stew

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll reply to each of the issues/questions in turn:

Cookies: The problem with not staying logged in whilst browing the site has now been resolved. The reason for the problem that we were exceeding our 20 cookie limit because each advertising image was generating a cookie from our ad management software, and we now run all forum sponsorship ads from it. Each time we go over the 20 limit, one of the site cookies get deleted and eventually the cookie we use to keep you logged in was been overwritten with a different one. The answer was simply to stop creating cookies for each advert - as they are only used to log the time since you last saw that advert (which is non-essential to know).

Javascript errors: Not sure why this is proving a problem, and it's difficult to debug if I can't recreate the problem. I'll need to know exactly what version of browser your using, and whether any of your security settings have changed from the default. Also what javascript error message are you getting?

Profile Picture: You can edit this via your User CP here: http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/profile.php?do=editprofilepic

Sharky said:
Thanks for all the feedback. I'll reply to each of the issues/questions in turn:

Javascript errors: Not sure why this is proving a problem, and it's difficult to debug if I can't recreate the problem. I'll need to know exactly what version of browser your using, and whether any of your security settings have changed from the default. Also what javascript error message are you getting?
]

Hi Sharky

Most of the T2W pages come up with a "Done, but with errors on page." Message in the IE status bar. Am using IE6 on XP Pro with all updates etc applied. I switched off script debugging as this was causing a popup to appear whenever a page was loaded, though not all pages - the main home page was fine for some reason. On the page I am typing this on, the error is on line 1503, syntax error. Have also seen "Object does not support the property" type of errors. My IE settings have been changed from the default, I applied a patch from pcpitstop to fix security settings in IE from http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/AutoFix.asp?file=SecIEZone.hta

Hope this helps...

Also have Zonealarm Pro but mobile code is allowed.

Stew

Hi Sharky
eventually gave up trying to log on with original password and went through your 'lost password' routine.

but now it wont 'remember me'
that was about 9pm tonight.

the new system seems to have killed my bookmarks !
In particular , I used to log on to 'View Latest Threads'
Has the coding changed ? and how can I restore my bookmark ?