Major upgrade to T2W coming soon!

Sharky

Admin
5,542 289
That's probably my fault, making a bunch of changes to usergroups and permission in preparation for Saturday's move. I've approved a bunch of posts, and will check why they're getting pushed for approval. Thanks for reporting Nowler.

Sharky

Admin
5,542 289
That's probably my fault, making a bunch of changes to usergroups and permission in preparation for Saturday's move. I've approved a bunch of posts, and will check why they're getting pushed for approval. Thanks for reporting Nowler.
OK sorted, should be fixed!

Sharky

Admin
5,542 289
Just a reminder to everyone who's already up on a Saturday morning, that we'll be taking the site down (perhaps just the forums) in just about 2 hours. The work should take no more than 6 hours, although with the necessary DNS changes disruption may occur over the weekend, we'll do our best to keep it to a minimum. We'll be posting updates on our twitter account here: https://twitter.com/trade2win to keep you informed about progress.

Sharky

Admin
5,542 289
Brace yourselves everyone, we'll be shutting down any minute now.

Sharky

Admin
5,542 289
And we're back! A 16 hour slog but we got there!

There are bound to be some issues, which we'll fix over the next few days. Report anything odd here. We'll also be moving Articles across shortly as well.

tomorton

Legendary member
7,262 970
New site works as far as I have found so far. Took me a few minutes to work out how to navigate smoothly through New Posts but its quite intuitive now I've done it. Appearance is clearer than I expected. Good job overall, thank you.

Trader333

8,492 881
Well done Paul :)

Sharky

Admin
5,542 289
Thanks for the kind words all.

I just now enabled Redis caching, and there's a noticeable speed increase in the forums. I don't recall the site ever running this fast!

Currently working on upgrading the search to use Elasticsearch which is more powerful, can search 2 characters and also displays results by 'relevance', similar to what Google does.

Sharky

Admin
5,542 289
Not sure if it's just the mobile view but getting to the current post is quite cumbersome
Take the P&F thread for example....jump to new takes you to 2nd November and another 200 posts to get through.
Would agree with you there, I had the same problem today on mobile, I'm going to fix that so you can easily get to the newest post.

Reactions: tomorton