Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is volitile, for me staying out untill the numbers at 1.30.
Will have shorts placed on limmit orders every 5pts below each index's.
If we fall it will be sharp and fast hoping to be out if the 1.30 trade bekfore 1.40 , wow a ten min trade, that a long time for me to hold a trade LOL
10 minutes can feel like a life time! I get the feeling punters are flat going into the numbers so hopefully a nice clean reaction!

if you place orders and the market whipsaws, you could get slippage? there was someone from another board who got filled 72 point away from order in DOW during the release of non-farm payrolls

Answer.
Not at all at I uses stop limmits allways get filled, no slippage

10 minutes can feel like a life time! I get the feeling punters are flat going into the numbers so hopefully a nice clean reaction!
Just getting in short now and will have short limmit oreders to filll up should this tank.

Sell Orders at 5360 and every 5 point lower are now been submitted

These prices are futures currently 220 a point short, will have stops at 5372 just in case.

I use Xtader so when I feel we have falled enough I will pull all orders and press the button to close all postions :)

Looking good so far ?

if you place orders and the market whipsaws, you could get slippage? there was someone from another board who got filled 72 point away from order in DOW during the release of non-farm payrolls

Answer.
Not at all at I uses stop limmits allways get filled, no slippage

How can you place Limit orders below price to short? You'll just get instantly filled but with a buffer - Is that your intention?

Dealer mate > May are long and have hedged postions with lumbar futures, the feeling is that the numbers are going to be good, ( buy the rumour sell the news )

If it dose not go my way hey little risk for large reward is worth it ..

How can you place Limit orders below price to short? You'll just get instantly filled but with a buffer - Is that your intention?

I place stop limmits below the current price

I place stop limmits below the current price

Surely then, you still need someone to come in @ the bid to fill your short when the limit is placed, which is unlikely with such a hard fall...
So i guess you weren't filled?

A stop limit is just an order to PLACE a limit order when price reaches a certain level; and then you still need someone to come in @ the bid to hit your limit order - And i'm watching Time and sales...

Last edited:

Dealer mate > May are long and have hedged postions with lumbar futures, the feeling is that the numbers are going to be good, ( buy the rumour sell the news )

If it dose not go my way hey little risk for large reward is worth it ..
well they looked like worse numbers to me but the market has ticked higher.

All out of the postion now Gladiator for a few points profit.
We saw a fall but it did not follow though, got the 5360 filled but noting else apart from the orders allready placed at as showen.

All done for the day , 30 mins trading is more than enough for me.

Good luck all

Tom

well they looked like worse numbers to me but the market has ticked higher.

Yes this is a strong market, no follow through on the lows either ?

Going now mate have fun :)

This market look very strong at the moment. No impact of any negative news.
Is this my feeling only?

This market look very strong at the moment. No impact of any negative news.
Is this my feeling only?

Correct, the inverse relationship between the dollar and stock markets has been there since March. i.e. the dollar carry trade.

When the carry trade unwinds someday, the market is going to fall off a cliff

Do you guys think its going to be a down day today?
Some say the rally in dow might run till 10600 before we see some resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.