Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
TomTom: Hats off to you mate for saying we will see 5300 again. It happened in less than 48 hours of your saying. How do you do market timing?

Holding short s&p @ 1111

Does anyone have an opinion if drop today is putting in a long term market top or just another pull back?

Stay short term, there is no real weakness yet afaik. Fridays negative trend would be resumed if we came below 1085

spy43561024.jpg

Longterm we need to close below 103 on spy to form a lower low, nowhere near

Stocks Plunge as Treasury Three-Month Bill Yields Turn Negative

U.S. stocks extended a global drop as concern grew that the rally has outpaced the prospects for economic growth. The yen and the dollar strengthened, oil tumbled and yields on Treasury three-month bills turned negative for the first time since financial markets froze last year.

asia overnight

Asia/Pacific Last Trade Change Related Information
^AORD All Ordinaries (Australia) 4,706.70 5:47am -61.10 (-1.28%) Chart, Components, more...
^BSESN BSE 30 (India) 16,743.89 6:52am -41.76 (-0.25%) Chart, more...
^HSI Hang Seng (Hong Kong) 22,497.42 6:47am -145.74 (-0.64%) Chart, Components, more...
^JKSE Jakarta Composite (Indonesia) 2,481.38 7:02am 12.59 (+0.51%) Chart, Components, more...
^KLSE KLSE Composite (Malaysia) 1,176.90 27 Aug 4.34 (+0.37%) Chart, Components, more...
^NZ50 NZSE 50 (New Zealand) 3,113.63 4:31am -27.55 (-0.88%) Chart, Components, more...
^N225 Nikkei 225 (Japan) 9,497.68 6:00am -51.79 (-0.54%) Chart, more...
^NSEI S&P CNX NIFTY (India) 4,969.95 7:02am -19.05 (-0.38%) Chart, more...
^KS11 Seoul Composite (South Korea) 1,620.60 6:02am 0.06 (+0.00%) Chart, Components, more...
000001.SS Shanghai Composite (China) 3,311.69 6:47am -8.93 (-0.27%) Chart, Components, more...
^STI Strait Times (Singapore) 2,764.37 7:01am 5.58 (+0.20%) Chart, Components, more

SINGAPORE (MarketWatch) -- Asian stock markets were mostly lower Friday after shares on Wall Street declined as investors took the view that the economic recovery in the U.S. was going to be a long, drawn out affair. Technology shares were falling after their U.S. peers dropped and resource stocks were lower on weaker commodity prices.

Japan's Nikkei 225 was 1.3% lower, South Korea's Kospi was up 0.2%, Australia's S&P/ASX 200 was off 1.4%, and Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index was down 0.8%. Dow Jones Industrial Average futures were 27 points lower in screen trade.

Technology shares were taking a beating, tracking their U.S. counterparts. The sector was partly hurt by a downgrade of Intel and seven other microchip companies by Bank of America-Merrill Lynch as well as weak earnings from Dell.

Tokyo Electron was 1.6% lower and Elpida Memory was off 3.6% in Japan, Samsung Electronics fell 0.7% in Seoul while in Taiwan, Chi Mei Optoelectronics was down 2.9%.

The Australian market was underperforming the region due to its heavy exposure to commodity plays after base metals prices slumped on the more cautious outlook for the U.S. economic recovery and the stronger U.S. dollar. However, analysts were not too concerned: "I think it's just a healthy correction," said Foster Stockbroking head of dealing Kevin Curran in Sydney.

"The rally's still intact and I've got little doubt that over the next three-to-four weeks the market will be higher," he said.

Miners and metal stocks paced the declines: Rio Tinto was down 2.0%, BHP was 2.0% lower and Alumina was down 2.1%. In Japan, Sumitomo Metal Mining was down 1.0%.

Energy and oil stocks were also lower across the region after oil futures fell in New York. Light sweet crude for December delivery settled $2.12, or 2.7%, lower at $77.46 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange, and was recently up 23 cents at $77.69 per barrel on Globex.

Woodside Petroleum was down 2.2%, SK Energy was down 1.3% and Japan Petroleum fell 3.0%.

China shares were lower as investors took profit sending the Shanghai Composite Index down 0.4%. But analysts viewed the correction as a brief consolidation before the market resumes it's upward trend.

The market in Korea turned up, but some chipmakers were still weighing. However, Park Seok-hyun at KTB Securities, said that "Korean chipmakers' leading positions and Dell's comments on improving PC demand will likely prevent sharp falls."

Shares in New Zealand were lower in lackluster trade. Craigs Investment Partners adviser Alexandra Dalzell said news of rural services provider PGG Wrightson's NZ$180.7 million rights issue had been anticipated and the use of funds to pay down debt was necessary. "They had to do it and they had to undertake a capital raising to do

ftse 100 latest update

I have been made aware by people that they want me to come back on here to post so they can have access to the analysis

I will try to post on here more often due to double standards by the moderators on this website.

they were happy when I was providing them with over a 1000 hits a day as it helped them with advertising revenue etc.....

But now that I have gone they threaten to ban me.........its all about money in this industry folks!

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (20-NOV-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (20-NOV-09).png
    20.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
You're joking right!?

no Geofract ......

its just sad, other people are allowed but they don't allow me to post my reference to my website or benzinga!!

I don't want to post on here any more personally but I will still remain here for everyone who can't have access to me as i have made many nice friends here, including you

they were happy when they were getting 1000 hits a day, now they dont they threaten you!!

funny world we live

ftse 100 latest update

I have been made aware by people that they want me to come back on here to post so they can access to the analysis

I will try to post on here more often due to double standards by the moderators on this website.

they were happy when I was providing them with over a 1000 hits a day as it helped them with advertising revenue etc.....

But now that I have gone they threaten to ban me.........its all about money in this industry folks!

I've been wondering when this type of post would creep in. :D I've heard it so many times, before.

Sure.

That's a very professional looking website you have and I am sure that it costs a fair amount of money to run. Whether any of your present members have spent any money, at all, on any of your services I don't know and care less but, in my opinion, you are operating on this site with the intention of poaching members onto your own.

Business is business and, as you say, money talks but, please, don't give us that old line about how valuable your trading tips are to everyone because, one thing is certain--you are not doing this for anyone's financial benefit, but your own.

There is another popular thread on this site where I have seen recent posts of yours. If the thread originator had decided to accept your invitation and join you, no doubt his own fans would follow him,too. But, I am sure that you have worked that out for yourself.

Sure.

That's a very professional looking website you have and I am sure that it costs a fair amount of money to run. Whether any of your present members have spent any money, at all, on any of your services I don't know and care less but, in my opinion, you are operating on this site with the intention of poaching members onto your own.

Business is business and, as you say, money talks but, please, don't give us that old line about how valuable your trading tips are to everyone because, one thing is certain--you are not doing this for anyone's financial benefit, but your own.

There is another popular thread on this site where I have seen recent posts of yours. If the thread originator had decided to accept your invitation and join you, no doubt his own fans would follow him,too. But, I am sure that you have worked that out for yourself.

Haha......... Spitlink you finally show your true colours.

with regards to your reference of the other thread, Rob and I go back a long way and we are very good friends. His website is not that popular and I am not interested in poaching people, what incentive do I have. But who cares about popularity .........its about helping people.

You have always been jealous of me from the outset, always coming in just to remind people that my stop loss has been hit. Always blaming me when you have a bad day.....

I just feel sorry for you my friend...

you should concentrate on your trading account

i will let the rest of my friends reply to your unfounded and wild accusations

so be prepared for a response my friend from all those that i have helped at every opportunity

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to you if i have upset you in anyway and offer my hand of reconciliation....

i accept that you are a better trader than me my friend , i am inferior to you

Sure.

Blimey, the worlds gone mad! Where do you get all that from?

Nobody is paying to be there, I don't think WS is actively trying to poach members, and it's not a money making exercise!

Mental

Status
Not open for further replies.