Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
ws..how big a screen do u want
a 26" widescreen is worth having.get lots of charts on that

I had a single 17" square tft .....(antiquity .......)

I was given a 19" widescreen samsung syncmaster t190 (very good) by my brother, I bought anew video card and had dual screen but because one is square TFT and the other widescreen it doesn't work properly.

So I wanted to buy another 19" Samsung or any other good monitor on the market. I thought about a 22"-26" monitor but then I am worried about my eyes as they will go blurry....

So I have decided to stick to 19" for now ...I was trying to see if I could get this cheaper on the internet
Samsung SyncMaster T190 19in Wide TFT Screen

http://blogs.stockcharts.com/chartwatchers/ta101/

Price charts often have blank spaces known as gaps. They represent times when no shares were traded within a particular price range. Gaps result from extraordinary buying or selling interest developing when the market is closed. When the market opens, the price is raised or lowered enough to satisfy all of the buying or selling orders.

For an up gap to form, the low price after market close on the day of the up gap must be higher than the high price of the previous day. Up gaps are generally considered bullish.

A down gap is just the opposite of an up gap; the high price of the down gap day after market close must be lower than the low price of the previous day. Down gaps are usually considered bearish.

Up and down gaps can form on daily, weekly or monthly charts and are considered a significant when accompanied with higher than average volume.

A price chart with gaps almost every day is typical for very lightly traded securities and should be avoided. Prices often gap up or down at market open and then close the gap before market close. Such temporary intraday gaps should not be considered as having anything more significance than normal market volatility.

Many investors mistakenly believe that gaps influence future prices to the point of eventually filling the gap. Instances where gaps close within a few days of forming can be significant. However, gaps have little to no influence on price action weeks or months after forming.

With regards to your comment on US Crude oil, it was weak from a technical perspective as it has been putting lower lows and lower highs on an hourly time frame(I have attached a chart to illustrate this). The EUR/USD has been very strong breaking out of its downtrend and threatening to breach 1.49, it did and went as high as 1.4915 on the wick when oil made a rebound to $79 @ 14.40. The EUR/USD would have pushed higher trading above the outside bar @ 1.4892 and trading higher to 1.5 if it were not for oil. Oil has support at $77-76.5 and if this holds and trades higher , then you will certainly see EUR/USD go to 1.5 and higher next week. All pull backs are healthy in an up-trend folks .........

That was expected Dentist based on the reason above

very bullish for stockmarket hence US/european futures up ...........

but can FTSE print a close above its inside bar today @ 5166-5168 on the daily chart .......

then it gets bullish

SINGAPORE (MarketWatch) -- Asian shares traded mostly higher Monday after modest gains on Wall Street Friday. In Australia, AXA Asia Pacific surged after spurning a multibillion dollar takeover offer from rival wealth management firm AMP.

Japan's Nikkei 225 traded up 0.4%, while Australia's S&P/ASX 200 advanced 1.7% and South Korea's Kospi Composite gained 0.8%. Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index tacked on 1.1%, and the mainland's Shanghai Composite shed 0.2% in choppy trade. The Dow Jones Industrial Average futures contract was 30 points higher in screen trade.

Despite the gains, some traders were cautious. "There's no clear picture yet (on whether we are seeing real economic recovery), so investors are reluctant to take new positions at this level," said OCBC head of research Carmen Lee in Singapore

In the foreign exchange markets, the U.S. dollar traded mostly lower against Asian currencies, with traders saying the U.S. jobs data reinforced the greenback's downside bias. "There's no way the Fed can hike its policy rates for now. In the end, it's a dollar-sell trend," said Nomura Securities senior dealer Hiroshi Maeba in Tokyo.

The euro was pushing higher against both the U.S. dollar and Japanese yen, at $1.4904 from $1.4844 late in New York, and at Y134.40, versus Y133.53. Against the yen, the U.S. dollar was at Y90.13, from Y89.96.

The New Zealand dollar got a boost from dairy giant Fonterra Co-operative Group increasing its forecast payout to its 10,500 farmer shareholders by 18.6% for the current season. The higher payout is set to pump billions of dollars into the New Zealand economy, which managed to just climb out of a five-quarter long recession in the second quarter.

The New Zealand dollar jumped on the news, rising to US$0.7351 from US$0.7250 at the end of last week.

i'd get a very warm feeling from seeing 5200 being used as support...lets see what happens.

Support or resistance my friend?

:)

i have it as a res level, however i'm long on equities, so i'm praying for the level to be breached, then used as support...even though osc div on the daily looks terrible.

i have targets for my equities that i think can only be met with the FTSE at least testing the 5300.

i can already see more red on my smallcap screens with the rejection of 5190

Morning guys Not sure if you saw this but - Oil is trading higher due to fundementals today.. Hurricane Ida heads toward oil and gas facilities in the central Gulf of Mexico! http://bit.ly/Vjhn1 supply worries!

Equity markets are firmer after Group of 20 governments agreed to maintain stimulus efforts - more liquidity in the markets will drive asset prices higher!.. On a slow news day like today we could edge higher still but with volumes light it is dangerous trading for the day traders!

Status
Not open for further replies.