Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ws?

Anyone know why the recent big sell off on the US indices?

UUP has hardly moved, no major move in gold, oil has come down but has been oscillating around the current price - cant seem to find the variable which led to the sell off!

Thoughts and incite appreciated!

:)

Yea, big news from any of the large nations will ripple throughout the whole forex world, and the US is the top dog.

Yea, big news from any of the large nations will ripple throughout the whole forex world, and the US is the top dog.

But the currencies have not sold off like the indices!?!

Eur/Dollar has not rolled over and neither has cable.

But the currencies have not sold off like the indices!?!

Eur/Dollar has not rolled over and neither has cable.

Indeed, will be interesting to see if Euro$ will hold this level.

Anyone know why the recent big sell off on the US indices?

UUP has hardly moved, no major move in gold, oil has come down but has been oscillating around the current price - cant seem to find the variable which led to the sell off!

Thoughts and incite appreciated!

double top and we drop my friend

I have attempted to answer the question here my friends

Why Did The US Market Drop Post FOMC?
http://www.benzinga.com/users/wallstreet1928

Last edited:
ccording to marc ostwald,the bond strategist.the bank of england decision on quantitave easing is just as important as non farm payrolls.the whole world will be watching to see if they keep it at the top end 50 bill
today at 12 noon..??
i think
nfp tomorrow

Fed spells out stance on rates decisions
Posted by Gwen Robinson on Nov 05 04:55.

The Federal Reserve on Wednesday signalled that it still expected to keep interest rates near zero for at least six months, but for the first time identified factors that could prompt earlier rate rises. After its FOMC meeting, the Fed tweaked guidance in its policy statement that had been unchanged since March, implying that its stated intention to keep rates at “exceptionally low levels” for an “extended period” may change on factors including inflation expectations, economic growth and unemployment. See also FT Alphaville on the Fed’s “delicate balancing act

eurusd
we got a shakeout on the daily.a trap
a 2 box break below the support/orange area

2vnqjpy.png

there is a vertical count activated on eurusd of 1.5100 area.this is on the chart i have posted.so barring any bad news or more extreme volatility,its up we go
chart is bullish.ie last signal was a double -top.does not get bearish ntil 1.4600 gets broken

Morning all,
UK Manufacturing : 9:30
UK interest rate at 12
EU rate at : 12:45
US unemployment : 1:30

Major one is US data at 1:30
Market is like me today. just want to take it easy and relax. May be sleep for a while:LOL:

Happy trading.

a slight misunderstanding
you are not dropping down a t/f.you are getting the software to read dat input from either larger or smaller time differences.
the dat input comes as open/high /low /close for a specified time period.the software is reading that and constructing a chart according to youre input parameters.ie box size,reversal etc

I see. So what you are saying (I think) is that changing the box size changes your time horizon, not the time frame so the smaller the box size the shorter the time horizon.

Thanks for this - saved me looking around the different sites for the exact UK times -:)

Morning all,
UK Manufacturing : 9:30
UK interest rate at 12
EU rate at : 12:45
US unemployment : 1:30

Major one is US data at 1:30
Market is like me today. just want to take it easy and relax. May be sleep for a while:LOL:

Happy trading.

I see. So what you are saying (I think) is that changing the box size changes your time horizon, not the time frame so the smaller the box size the shorter the time horizon.
yes...but you get to a point where the columns are long.rendering the chart useless

Hi Dentist. Although the FTSE has been bearish this morning, particularly after the UK Industrial output report being positive, I agree that there is still strong resistance and a bearish outlook. The noon BofE report on the int rates and US unemployment repost will provde further direction.

update on yesterday"s tick chart
a test at 5120....rejected today

6oo9qp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.