Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you mr. word :)

getting into daily/H4 TF's has helped enormously! i shudder at the thought of the 5m TF i used to use :eek:

also, i take equities seriously, something i could never quite do with indices...but learning TA on them (which was my plan, not really to trade them) is sort of coming to fruition...fingers crossed.

Soon as you zoom out a bit and see the bigger picture its amazing what it does, I know.

I use 2m for entries, but as this is for timing an entry, not the basis of it, it doesn't give me the heebie jeebies.

(heebie jeebie, super duper, are there any other rhyming ones...? that super duper got me thinking...)

itsy bitsy?

(and no, you may not post the lryics "teeny weenie, yellow polka dot bikini" after this...)

although 'teeny weenie' is of course a legitimate couplet :cheesy:

Sterling is taking a real beating today! Yes, great, pointing out the obvious... I'll get my coat.

wassap everyone. I was too busy doing the rat race today (hey pays the bills and is quite well so cant complain). How is it goin for all ya all?

Change In Character On The Dollar...Dollar Pushes Higher On Big Volume...

The dollar soared out of the gate today. As the dollar moved higher, the markets which had gapped up, started to drop back down towards the flat line. The DOW still trades on the positive side of things but off their highs. If the dollar starts to pull back, you will see this market move higher again. This market continues to be a perfect inverse to the dollar. Oil and gold have inched lower on the strong greenback.

UUP09_17_09.jpg

i think you should be getting something back WS for all your analysis on here.

i have found this thread absolutely invaluable as a communal learning tool, i don't particularly follow peoples analysis, as i prefer to make my own mistakes...but without the guidance of yourself and everyone else correcting my numerous mistakes i wouldn't have half the clue i have (and i only have half a clue now, so that makes a quarter of a clue i suppose...:whistling) BUT ANYWAY...

i'm very grateful for your help WS, and everyone else on here who i've garnered information and guidance from.

maybe you should put less of your analysis on here WS, and prompt all the viewers (and lurkers) of the thread to post theirs, then you, along with everyone else, can have input on other peoples analysis (rather than everyone simply viewing yours)?

just a thought...and not including dentist obviously who also selflessly posts his analysis every night.

Good idea Dr Blix as always

I am thinking of doing some mentoring after speaking to one of the chaps on the forum. I have been asked on several occasions in the past but always declined but now I really want it give a go.

OK chaps so here goes for all those interested in learning the technique and methodology I apply on a daily basis

:smart:

I know there are a lot of people that just lurk in the background following my live calls and making money(always asking me to come onto skype and twitter), I think its about time you learnt to trade for yourself, and here is your chance........

"Mentoring is to support and encourage people to manage their own learning in order that they may maximise their potential, develop their skills, improve their performance and become the trader they want to be."

I am willing to help out 1 person each month on a 1-2-1 basis for a small fee sufficient enough to cover the time/revenue I will loose not trading my account. I have always attempted to help people for free from the outset and I will certainly remain doing so but If you are serious and want to learn in a short space of time then i am willing to offer my time/assistance.

I will offer my service for a whole month and it will include

1. Access to my assistance throughout the trading day via email/phone
2. I will spend at least 1hr a day reviewing your trades, looking at ways for improvement and new techniques.
3. Teach my methodology, including the different T/F and variables I look at to derive my decisions.
4. I will go through the charting techniques I employ, which are not very sophisticated or hard to learn but can be very effective in discerning patterns
5. Most important of all, I will learn from you

You can read all the books you want but if you can't apply that knowledge in a successful way, then i ask what is the benefit derived from it?

I am not promising a guaranteed path to success nor is this some ploy to make money, if that was the case I could have don so a long time ago without spending a lot of time posting away on this forum. this forum is my home and it will always be that way ........

please PM for all those interested

I have November booked just to let you Know in Advance

:smart::smart::smart:

Last edited:
I would also like to add that I am doing this because I am sick and tired of all these vultures out there charging people £1000 -£2000 for a 2-3 days course with no help or assistance afterwards, leaving them high and dry.

Newbies -
All I can say is how much capital are you going to loose whilst attempting to learn how to trade this market.

I learnt the hard way and I also lost at the start too, but I didn't have anyone to help me learn the ropes.

happy trading for the remainder of the day chaps

Trading

watch out ..........double top on UUP intraday, thsi could really ignite the stock market

Oil ......I have been buying in dips ....73.5 could get tested today

Euro.........I am still buying on dips as per my analysis...especially with UUP making intraday double top

DAX still remains weak .........FTSE is on FIRE .........one coul go long on FTSE and short the DAX once you see any signs of weakness, a very good hedge

Last edited:
One of my more rare trades and not for the faint hearted (WS sorry if this is OT your thread)

Long Nat Gas Nov 09 contract

Min invest £ per point

Entry - 4535 stop 4200 (below 1 hr 200 MA)

Target tbd

I am 90% technical 10% fundamental - technicals look good on my Vantagepoint and I like 200MA on 1 hr charts for energies

Fundamentals more difficult - could be a fslse dawn - fundamental supply data still strong and Execs in the industry still talk about subdued prices. It is the cleanest fuel though and experts (!) have talked about an uptick in October. I also think it will be a cold winter (don't ask me to explain that - it will take me into another dimension and a great deal of verbage) and I think Nat Gas has been oversold.

After that - it's been a bad week ....why not try something else!

Newbies -
All I can say is how much capital are you going to loose whilst attempting to learn how to trade this market.

How much? A lot to the power of n. (where n signifies a very large number)

Good luck with it ws. I would offer a testimonial, but I know you won't need any.

Status
Not open for further replies.