Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D

So what is your strategy?

I've been long since the 1230 x 5min bar broke upwards. I'm holding on, at present, but have no idea about pivots and fibs. When I feel that that's enough, I'm out until tomorrow.

(y)

Nice one Split....another lesson in trend trading

:D

So what is your strategy?
As I said above, I don't trade the FTSE directly, but noted there was potentially significant S/R at 4900, which appears to be the case.

:I've been long since the 1230 x 5min bar broke upwards. I'm holding on, at present, but have no idea about pivots and fibs. When I feel that that's enough, I'm out until tomorrow.
Great to have an insight into your 'strategy' Split, but testing around a major S/R - whether you believe in them or not - just for 10-20 points isn't my idea of fun.

Takes all sorts though so I hope your trade works out for you and be fascinated to learn what you considered was 'enough' for this particular trade.

As I said above, I don't trade the FTSE directly, but noted there was potentially significant S/R at 4900, which appears to be the case.

Great to have an insight into your 'strategy' Split, but testing around a major S/R - whether you believe in them or not - just for 10-20 points isn't my idea of fun.

Takes all sorts though so I hope your trade works out for you and be fascinated to learn what you considered was 'enough' for this particular trade.

No, maybe not. That's what I do, though, simply because I normally only trade mornings.
Enough, for me, is to get out before the lunch time whipsaws start. There are plenty who trade trend following ideas, I've found out. I am fortunate enough to be instinctive in closing the trade with some success and, to hell with it, tomorrow's another day.

latest ftse chart

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (25-AUG-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (25-AUG-09).png
    22.2 KB · Views: 100
How them breakouts working Lap , doing good ?

Doing ok - todays gbpchf is +60 right now, and eurgbp +37 - only two that fit the criteria today.

Still trying to get the hang of trading reversals and the fib retracements from PN's site that Geo does.

EDIT: Should add, that although +97 sounds good the risk on gbpchf was 60 pips and eurgbp 14 pips, so its only eurgbp thats nearing the 3:1 risk/reward I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Goodluck lap. Btw, folks, tomorrow's ranges are: tomorrow's range - 4903 technically but 4900 due to monster number (Low for Shorts) and 4929 (High for Longs).

I owe you a chart, don't I? Um, its coming... :whistling

Yes. Thanks mate. Would like to see your strat, etc. Btw, do you do breakouts? I tried US Breakout today on cable but, it retraced downwards. I got out with like .60p profit or something.

Yes. Thanks mate. Would like to see your strat, etc. Btw, do you do breakouts? I tried US Breakout today on cable but, it retraced downwards. I got out with like .60p profit or something.

Only overnight range breakouts, after price has consolidated near the previous days close usually at a res level. Personally, I don't trade cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.