Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
He Lapa, how did the job interview go?

Oh and Papak, I remember the many moons ago before you left on holiday you said you expected ftse to continue rising and rising, that on higher timeframes there was a lot of headroom at this point in the cycle. Funny how at the time I just couldn't see it happening, and lo behold!

Only overnight range breakouts, after price has consolidated near the previous days close usually at a res level. Personally, I don't trade cable.

FX is 24 hours, so overnight from what perspective? :) London overnight? - Btw, look fwd to your charts.

engulfing candle on the daily

244w87l.gif

Doing ok - todays gbpchf is +60 right now, and eurgbp +37 - only two that fit the criteria today.

Still trying to get the hang of trading reversals and the fib retracements from PN's site that Geo does.

EDIT: Should add, that although +97 sounds good the risk on gbpchf was 60 pips and eurgbp 14 pips, so its only eurgbp thats nearing the 3:1 risk/reward I'm looking for.

Sounds like your doing good with those ranges , only reason I never play is the time of morning I'd have to get up , bugger that , tis only money :cheesy:

60pips :sick: on gorbachev , what TF were you on , guess you couldn't grab an entry on the lower ones ? still it's working out which is the main thing. (y)

Haven't seen Geo around for a week or so (think the last time was when he a had good trade on £Y), think he said he's busy with work etc.

(y) on PA the stuff from me , worth sticking with IMHO.

Evening Gents, hope you've all been making lots of points & pips. Just got back from a long weekend on the coast, and now back to FX land for a few days before starting my next project later this week.

E$ back up at the top of the wedge, shorts from last week were short lived :) £Y looks rangebound for now - hopefully it will break the low side of the range soon. Watching a few other pairs for possible setups too. Anyway, looking for am range breakouts and fib retracements tommorow as usual. :sleep:

edit: Well done Lapster - looks like you're well on the way to getting this FX thing licked!

Oh and Papak, I remember the many moons ago before you left on holiday you said you expected ftse to continue rising and rising, that on higher timeframes there was a lot of headroom at this point in the cycle. Funny how at the time I just couldn't see it happening, and lo behold!

Yes but not long anymore though, this week we go up then middle of next week I think we start turning south.

Doing ok - todays gbpchf is +60 right now, and eurgbp +37 - only two that fit the criteria today.

Still trying to get the hang of trading reversals and the fib retracements from PN's site that Geo does.

EDIT: Should add, that although +97 sounds good the risk on gbpchf was 60 pips and eurgbp 14 pips, so its only eurgbp thats nearing the 3:1 risk/reward I'm looking for.

"Doing ok - Only two that fit the criteria today", Lol Lapster, a trader in the zone appears relaxed and confident, you sound like your horizontal.

97 piparoos, well done mate, oh well, back to trading FX :sleep:

Last edited:
possible topping pattern in the s500
intraday data.5 min data points
trendline /latest with price objective on the downside.from the vertical count
1017 price objective.needs a break above 1040 to null this
2cmujxz.png

I noticed this towards the close of play - CapitalSpreads play, that is - but got burnt going short too early.

A quick question for dentist007, if you don't mind. I see you have a RT subscription to StockCharts; does this let you do intraday P&F for $FTSE and $DAX as well as for the US indices? I can't seem to work this out without taking out a subscription.

Cheers

have a variety of subscriptions
stockcharts for intraday usa.they do no do intraday for ftse or dax only eod
i also have quotetracker for intraday uk.that is the best bang for the buck..imo
no dax charts on qt though
also have bullseye for eod for uk and us.they did have fx for eod.this has now stopped
i did have advfn 1 min data going into bullseye.somehow this screwed up..big time
the best is qt with tick data./streamed tick data

Last edited:
oil took a hit.also gas
these must be the stocks to short tomorrow
marketwatch saying that demand for these products has fallen
dow also looking a bit bearish
5 min data
3t05e.png

oil took a hit.also gas
these must be the stocks to short tomorrow
marketwatch saying that demand for these products has fallen
dow also looking a bit bearish
5 min data
3t05e.png

Thanks for all your analysis dentist! (y)

:)

BTW dentist, i have posted a reply on Sujith´s thread re your question on the oil price.

Last edited:
the reason i believe is fears over china´s consumption and the current inventiry build up.
With Shanghai losing ground again over night there became fears of where the price goes from 75$
This combined with a strengthening dollar led to the price retreating hard as we saw.
thanks for the info kaisen

asia overnight
Asia/Pacific Last Trade Change Related Information
^AORD All Ordinaries (Australia) 4,476.10 6:42am 58.60 (+1.33%) Chart, Components, more...
^BSESN BSE 30 (India) 15,767.05 6:52am 78.58 (+0.50%) Chart, more...
^HSI Hang Seng (Hong Kong) 20,530.25 6:47am 95.01 (+0.46%) Chart, Components, more...
^JKSE Jakarta Composite (Indonesia) 2,372.26 5:59am -8.26 (-0.35%) Chart, Components, more...
^KLSE KLSE Composite (Malaysia) 1,171.09 25 Aug -3.40 (-0.29%) Chart, Components, more...
^NZ50 NZSE 50 (New Zealand) 3,090.90 6:31am 10.39 (+0.34%) Chart, Components, more...
^N225 Nikkei 225 (Japan) 10,668.74 6:42am 171.38 (+1.63%) Chart, more...
^NSEI S&P CNX NIFTY (India) 4,682.40 7:02am 23.05 (+0.49%) Chart, more...
^KS11 Seoul Composite (South Korea) 1,614.04 6:42am 12.66 (+0.79%) Chart, Components, more...
000001.SS Shanghai Composite (China) 2,980.80 6:47am 65.00 (+2.23%) Chart, Components, more...
^STI Strait Times (Singapore) 2,622.86 6:47am 4.10 (+0.16%) Chart, Components, more...

asia overnight
Asia/Pacific Last Trade Change Related Information
^AORD All Ordinaries (Australia) 4,476.10 6:42am 58.60 (+1.33%) Chart, Components, more...
^BSESN BSE 30 (India) 15,767.05 6:52am 78.58 (+0.50%) Chart, more...
^HSI Hang Seng (Hong Kong) 20,530.25 6:47am 95.01 (+0.46%) Chart, Components, more...
^JKSE Jakarta Composite (Indonesia) 2,372.26 5:59am -8.26 (-0.35%) Chart, Components, more...
^KLSE KLSE Composite (Malaysia) 1,171.09 25 Aug -3.40 (-0.29%) Chart, Components, more...
^NZ50 NZSE 50 (New Zealand) 3,090.90 6:31am 10.39 (+0.34%) Chart, Components, more...
^N225 Nikkei 225 (Japan) 10,668.74 6:42am 171.38 (+1.63%) Chart, more...
^NSEI S&P CNX NIFTY (India) 4,682.40 7:02am 23.05 (+0.49%) Chart, more...
^KS11 Seoul Composite (South Korea) 1,614.04 6:42am 12.66 (+0.79%) Chart, Components, more...
000001.SS Shanghai Composite (China) 2,980.80 6:47am 65.00 (+2.23%) Chart, Components, more...
^STI Strait Times (Singapore) 2,622.86 6:47am 4.10 (+0.16%) Chart, Components, more...

Just looked at the Hangseng' chart overnight. The session looked very choppy. Perhaps same with China?

H&S formed on £$ daily.

Morning Chelski, hows our Zola?

Thanks for the "heads" up on the H&S on gbp/$

You would think the markets would go down a little this monring would you not?

Oil down, pound down against dollar?

Morning Chelski, hows our Zola?

Thanks for the "heads" up on the H&S on gbp/$

You would think the markets would go down a little this monring would you not?

Oil down, pound down against dollar?

Kaisen,

She is fine, next to me in her bed! I thing a big move is due soon, ranges are getting tighter, look at daily charts and see how small they are getting. I am staying on the sidelines only looking for solid entires.
What are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.