Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 days /tick
upthrust is retracing.not sure where to
xduhoh.gif

good morning chaps

I a short FSTE 4875 ...stop loss 4905

target 4850

edit:
amended stop to 4905 from 4900

Last edited:
good morning chaps

I a short FSTE 4875 ...stop loss 4900

target 4850

Morning ws. I am like a bad comedian at the moment..................very poor timing!

At least the markets keep allowing me to learn though, and lessons learned now (for free thankfully, as it is just missed profit) will hold me in good stead for years to come.

Happy trading.

:)

Morning ws. I am like a bad comedian at the moment..................very poor timing!

At least the markets keep allowing me to learn though, and lessons learned now (for free thankfully, as it is just missed profit) will hold me in good stead for years to come.

Happy trading.

it is a good sign my friend

getting the direction right is 50% of the trade

entry = 25%

exit = 25%

at least you are working on the entry and not direction which means you have progressed well

keep experimenting with entry techniques and you will get there, but always remember the reason for using a 25-30 point stop is to account for a bad entry as its the hardest part of trading.

solution:

one solution would be to average into your trade, rather than buy £1 per point, buy 4 lots of 25p per point in order to get an optimal entry

it is a good sign my friend

getting the direction right is 50% of the trade

entry = 25%

exit = 25%

at least you are working on the entry and not direction which means you have progressed well

keep experimenting with entry techniques and you will get there, but always remember the reason for using a 25-30 point stop is to account for a bad entry as its the hardest part of trading.

solution:

one solution would be to average into your trade, rather than buy £1 per point, buy 4 lots of 25p per point in order to get an optimal entry

Thank ws as ever.

And btw what about the ashes? Freddie will be sorely missed!

from Ashraf Laidi

2009.08.25 05:01: KEEP A CLOSE WATCH ON SHANGHAI 2,947. If the Shanghai Composite Index closes the month below 2,947, it would form a monthly bearish outside month (bearish engulfing candle) which is a vocal bearish signal for the next month. prolonged declines from there could have significan price repercussions on other global equity indices. Today, the SSECI fell 2.6% to 2,915.80. While it is not unusual for the dollar to be rising only against the yen and falling against most of other currencies during improved risk appetite, recent days have shown the dollar to be rising against BOTH the yen and sterling, which underlines our bearish stance on GBPas detailed under the latest article sterlings sell-appeal. Expect oil to further pullback off yesterday's highs74.78 highs and USDCAD to regain 1.0940.

Bernanke and markets

ws (and all) do we feel that the likely re-appointment of Bernanke later today will offset the negative bias?

One would assume his re-appointment is already ractored into the markets?

I am looking to find counter balancing factors which will stall the markets falling.

The one factor i find difficult to master is sentiment or specifically changes in sentiment. Bullish sentiment has been there for all to see!

Dollar stenghtening and oil has risen slightly to over 74$ again - is this a short term sentiment uplift or will oil just not fall today?

What Does Bernanke's Renomination Mean For FX?

According to senior administration officials President Obama will nominate Ben Bernanke to a second term as chairman of the Federal Reserve on Tuesday. Mr. Bernanke whose nomination is expected to be confirmed by the Senate has led the Fed through the most turbulent financial time in the nation’s history since the Great Depression.

The early announcement by President Obama is a sign that the Administration wants to assure continuity in the US capital markets just as the economy is beginning to show signs of recovery. Mr. Bernanke, 55, was appointed by Obama's Republican predecessor President George W. Bush to succeed Alan Greenspan and his re-nomination despite the fact that he is a Republican signals a long standing policy of bipartisanship when it comes to the office of the Chairman if the Federal Reserve. Mr. Greenspan, also a Republican served under both Republican and Democratic administrations.

Mr. Obama is expected to remark on Tuesday that, “The man next to me, Ben Bernanke, has led the Fed through one of the worst financial crises that this nation and this world have ever faced. Our auto industry is showing signs of life. Business investment is showing signs of stabilizing. Our housing market and credit markets have been saved from collapse. As an expert on the causes of the Great Depression, I'm sure Ben never imagined that he would be part of a team responsible for preventing another.”

Clearly, Mr. Obama’s decision has been motivated by a realization that US and global financial markets desperately need a sense of stability at a time when the banking system still remains vulnerable to further write-downs and credit contractions. Like him or not, Mr. Bernanke has become “known goods” to most market participants and even a relatively well know replacement such a Janet Yellen would have necessitated a period of adjustment in capital markets that could have resulted in yet more volatility.

So what does the Bernanke re-nomination mean for the FX markets? The most direct conclusion we can draw is that monetary policy will continue to be dovish and rates will remain at 25bp for much longer than the market currently believes. Presently Fed funds futures are handicapping a possible rate hike as early as February but we forecast that US rates will remain stationary for most of 2010.

In his tenure as the Fed Chairman Mr. Bernanke has yet to preside over a rate hike and his well known predilection towards an easy monetary policy during times of financial crisis will likely keep the FOMC on the sidelines until the monetary authorities are absolutely certain that a recovery has taken hold. At the very least the Fed will not make any tightening move on rates until US labor conditions improve and job creation turns positive.

Although Dr. Bernanke has constantly given lip service to the notion of a strong dollar, his actions towards the currency can be best summarized as benign neglect. Dr. Bernanke has always chosen to focus on monetary stimulus rather than create an environment for a strong currency unit and we expect that policy posture to continue. While, Dr. Bernanke’s re-nomination does not in and of itself suggest a weaker dollar ahead, it certainly does not provide dollar bulls with any fresh support for the greenback.

Status
Not open for further replies.