Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
jzzlo2.jpg

all welcome

Last edited:
yes..read it most days
they say,everybody is welcome.
must be a big venue
mine"s a pint of stella ,if you are coming

Any one take the short? Looks like it will make the gap. still very poor range today.

I was short a couple of commodity stocks so enjoyed the move.

Also scapled 3 points on a 1m time frame technique i was experimenting with. Was tempted to short at 4685 and as i analysed it it dropped 10 pnts in seconds :eek:

Just scapled a few more points when i was long from 4650.

Looking for next move.

I was short a couple of commodity stocks so enjoyed the move.

Also scapled 3 points on a 1m time frame technique i was experimenting with. Was tempted to short at 4685 and as i analysed it it dropped 10 pnts in seconds :eek:

Just scapled a few more points when i was long from 4650.

Looking for next move.

Dont know what's your technique, I did same and bagged 5 pips in 2 trades. I look at previous 10 to 20 mins range, and buy at top, sell at high. With range levels as stop losses. Not feeling comfy because, stop losses are higher than where I normally get out (comfortably).

Dont know what's your technique, I did same and bagged 5 pips in 2 trades. I look at previous 10 to 20 mins range, and buy at top, sell at high. With range levels as stop losses. Not feeling comfy because, stop losses are higher than where I normally get out (comfortably).

Today, while looking at everything, i had a quick look at the 1m timeframe and noticed a nice channel which would have provided nice trading opportunities.

Sadly i stumbled across it late and only made one trade but it was successful.

My thoughts than asked me, if we look at longer time frames to filter out noise to guage direction, why, when markets appear very tight or sleepy, why not reduce the time frame and trade a tight range taking small profits?
All the while keeping in mind data announcments which could wake the markets up and watching for larger moves coming on the longer TF¨s

I have had success with scalping previously when markets were quiet and i understand we need to have different stratgies in different markets.
One of my scalping days netted me 46 pnts in one days trade!

If i scalp i tend to bank 3pnts at a time. Often this allows repetition before a new larger trend swells and takes the market. Sometimes, while wating for a 10pnts move you can quite quickly rack up more points without the market moving anywhere.

Again I stress, this is not my usual trading strategy but for slow, tight markets can prove very good.

Taking 3pnts at a time seems to "slip through the net" as it were. It is not really a move one way or another!

All the best.

:)

I think its a better idea to plot channels or whatever off real ftse chart data, I would disregard out of hours data for being too confusing

It just broke out of the price channel in the after hours auction I think, typical volatility

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.