Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I'm interested ....

open my account and go long 1 contract on oil @ $69 ...........

let me know when i have doubled the account............which should be by tomorrow

you should have doubled your account now as oil just approached $70

and guess who went short ..........(y)

It's been a pretty fantastic last two days: +312 pips with 5 winners, 2 break evens, 1 loser. Best of all - no lazy trades, no impulse trades, all rules followed (well, almost :))

Don't want to jinx it, but really feel I've turned a corner with my trading - it's unrecognisable to my flaffing about only two weeks ago. I've finally got a solid strategy with straightforward rules, and I can actually trade it!

Requires a lot of thinking and preparation and early mornings, and oh boy is it boring, but so far can't argue with the results!

Off to barcelona tomorrow, so see all you happy campers next week!

very impressive ........:smart:

Cracks In The Ice From Weekend Video Dead On As Market Sells Into The Close...DOW Down 100
By InTheMoneyStocks.com on August 11th, 2009 4:37pm Eastern Time
As discussed in the weekend free video and the past free videos posted on this blog, cracks in the ice have been emerging in the form of early in the day selling, late heavy volume selling on some days (institutional) and other factors like lower highs and lower lows until the late day propping takes place. These all have been showing us (Chief Market Strategists) that a sell off is on the horizon. Sure enough, a pivot high was called for last Friday by the Chief Market Stategists at InTheMoneyStocks. The SPY hit a high of 102.03 and never looked back. Today it touched $99.46, a solid $2.50 short profit. The DOW closed down almost 100 points. The change in character continues to show itself, as every amateur trader expected a buy program into the close, the markets had a huge drop in the last 10 minutes of the trading day. For the first time in a month, this market ended near the lows of the day. This is very significant and must be respected. While the signs point to more downside, be careful tomorrow at 1pm ET as the 10 yr auction results are announced. Then at 2:15pm ET, the FOMC policy statement will be released. The market will see a surge of volume and most likely a major directional move.

Below in the chart, note the selling most of the day. Then like every other day (yesterday included), the markets slowly saw buying as light volume took over. This was the norm and to be expected. What most people/traders did not expect was the last candle hard sell off where the markets closed near the lows. Again, this a continued significant change in character.

U.S. DOLLAR: GAME PLAN FOR FOMC

The dollar ended the U.S. trading session virtually unchanged against the Euro and British pound. This lack of volatility reflects the degree of indecision and uncertainty in the market ahead of the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy announcement. The biggest question for the market right now is whether or not the U.S. recovery is gaining traction as indicated by the stronger non-farm payrolls report. Unfortunately weaker economic data from China, JPMorgan’s downgrade of MBIA, the world’s largest bond insurer, fears of bankruptcy for CIT and UBS’ downgrade of Yum Brands, has raised justifiable concerns about the outlook for the U.S. economy. The dollar traded higher against the commodity currencies but lost value against the Japanese Yen and Swiss Franc. With Fed fund futures pricing in a rate hike as early as the first quarter of next year, there is a lot hinging upon tomorrow’s FOMC announcement. The latest consolidation suggests that even if the Fed keeps their statement unchanged, there could still be a sharp reaction in the currency market.

Game Plan for FOMC

Based upon the Fed fund futures and the sentiment in the markets, we know that traders are looking for some sign of optimism from the Federal Reserve. This can come in the form of an upgraded economic assessment, talk of an exit strategy or any other indication that interest rates will not remain low for an extended period of time. In our opinion, the Federal Reserve will probably retain the tone of the previous statement, mentioning only some of the improvements in the economy and avoid talking about an exit strategy. You can find more details about this in our FOMC Preview (Will the Fed Deliver any Surprises). However as the U.K. central bank has surprised us with their dovishness while the central banks of Canada and Australia have surprised with their hawkishness, we do not rule out market moving comments from the FOMC. If the Fed changes or drops their “the pace of economic is slowing” and” economic activity is likely to remain weak for a time,” statements, expect a rally in USD/JPY. If they talk of exit strategies and bond yields start to rise, we could see a more dramatic dollar rally. If the Fed disappoints by downplaying the improvements in the U.S. economy, we could see an ugly reversal in the greenback. The currency pair that will have the purest reaction to the FOMC decision will be USD/JPY. Although we also believe that the dollar could rally against the euro on the heels of a positive outcome, it is too early to tell if the dollar is trading on fundamentals or risk appetite. So the best game plan is to focus on USD/JPY.

Economic Data: Review and Preview

This morning’s U.S. economic releases were basically in line with expectations. Non-farm productivity accelerated in the second quarter but unit labor costs fell much more than expected. Wholesale inventories also declined but economic optimism improved in August. None of these reports were market moving. Before the FOMC rate decision tomorrow, we are expecting the trade balance for the month of June. The deficit is expected to grow but the sharp improvement in manufacturing ISM suggests otherwise. If the trade balance shrinks, it could be another reason for traders to buy dollars. Of course, we would have to see whether the rise was driven by an increase in exports.

euro ...wedge formation

2 day , 10 min

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_USD (11-AUG-09).png
    Spot FX EUR_USD (11-AUG-09).png
    15.5 KB · Views: 129
from Ashraf Laidi

2009.08.11 19:23: PRE-BOE INFLATION REPORT & FOMC DECISION INSIGHTS. The FOMC is expected to remind markets that it has yet to complete its current asset purchase program, i.e. NO NEW batch of treasury purchases, which could be neutral-to-positive for the US dollar, and positive for the yen in the event that equities react negatively to the statement (no new purchases means no expanded QE, which tends to be more negative for risk appetite). This would be the OPPOSITE of last weeks Bank of England announcement, which surprised markets by expanding QE, boosting equities, HURTING STERLING and dragging down guilt yields. Tomorrows Bank of England quarterly inflation report (9:30 am GMT, 10:30 am BST) could add more GBP selling as it makes the economic case for the decision to expand QE, i.e, fragile GDP outlook, sub-target inflation and so on. While last Thursday was the BoE surprise, tomorrow could be the rationalization of that surprise in the form of a very detailed inflation report. We expect last week's gravestone doji in cable to unleash more losses for this week and broadening GBP losses. CAD losses are not finished yet either

good morning everyone,

US 10yr note yield continues to fall, which tends to be bearish for equities

Morning everyone
Check this page
ADVFN - ADVFN
It gives you today's important news for ftse sectors. Very useful before the market open
you may have to login. but it is free to register

Happy trading

Mornign all,
just took profits on FTSE and SP500 shorts. 2 wins, nice start of the week :)
Will probably go lower still but am very happy with profits on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.