Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
violation

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (12-AUG-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (12-AUG-09).png
    20.2 KB · Views: 148
Chelski, I was entering a buy stop , then the market...

did they not fill you at the level ordered?

...rallied to the entry level so I opted for a market order, clicking 4653.3 I got filled at 4655. which meant I was instantly underwater by 3pts or so.

This happens alot with market orders.

SD buy stop was at 4650.6

I doubled checked with ODL spread bet company and I somehow bought 1.5pts above the high of the 10min bar during which the trade took place. ODL tell u to the second when an order gets executed IG only to the nearest minute.

selling is less risky than buying, expect a sharp sell off before fomc decisiocn,towards european markets close. depending how big is the sell off buy for the news and be quick to sell after the news (i mean, be very quick).

that is my opinion but dont listen to me, i always get it wrong.

SD: good one. I missed the signal, because been busy with dayjob. I'll follow your live call next time for sure :)

4695 short. 15 SL.
4700 is a 61.8% Fib reversal based on ydays high and todays low. BoE sending out a pretty bearish message and general buying sentiment running low. Also round number monster malarkey.

Can we head to 4500? This would be a 38.2% fib reversal based on the low of July 13th to the high of yesterday. Its quite possible we can head to this level whilst the markets regroup and buying pressure builds up again.

:)

that is my opinion but dont listen to me, i always get it wrong.

If you always got it wrong I would listen to you and do the opposite but unfortunately things are never simple so you will just have to better judge when you are right (y)

To the guy who mentioned will I post here when lower high happens, its something you can see yourself. IF you look at the graph as a staircase, check whether this step has been higher or lower then the last step

dow12986823.gif

Last edited:
FTSE buy stop 4690.4

the ftse current range is 70pts, so cant see much upside for this buy stop, posted it anyway

Nasdaq 100

Contemplating a buy above yesterday's hgh as yesterday is a putative swing low.

Status
Not open for further replies.