Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

and now short trg 5.7k

Re: Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

no negative signal given as yet on the nas 100
10 min data.it could be done today

flhnj8.jpg

Currency Correlations

I read an interesting article this morning talking about how markets that had once been uncorrelated grew correlated during the crisis at the end of 2008 and during 2009 so we had "risk on" and "risk off" days that were easy to predict. For example, emerging market stocks or oil would rise when risk was on, while the dollar and US Treasurys would rise on risk off days.

So far this year, that situation is changing. The euro/dollar exchange rate's correlation with the S&P 500, on a daily basis, has dropped to 44 per cent this year from 50 per cent last year. In the run-up to the crisis, it was only 20.3 per cent. In the longer term, on a rolling basis over 60 days, the correlation between the dollar and stocks peaked at 68 per cent last October, and now stands at 45 per cent.

WS - have you noticed this and are you finding it harder to draw your correlations?

FTSE 100 daily analysis- support 5700 (TA principle: previous resistance=support), resistance 5730(gap fill) and 5740 (yesterdays high)

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (26-MAR-10).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (26-MAR-10).png
    17.1 KB · Views: 128

GOLD break out ..............bias on down side

target 200 MA

Attachments

• Gold (APR-10).png
    Gold (APR-10).png
    9.7 KB · Views: 126
Re: Currency Correlations

I read an interesting article this morning talking about how markets that had once been uncorrelated grew correlated during the crisis at the end of 2008 and during 2009 so we had "risk on" and "risk off" days that were easy to predict. For example, emerging market stocks or oil would rise when risk was on, while the dollar and US Treasurys would rise on risk off days.

So far this year, that situation is changing. The euro/dollar exchange rate's correlation with the S&P 500, on a daily basis, has dropped to 44 per cent this year from 50 per cent last year. In the run-up to the crisis, it was only 20.3 per cent. In the longer term, on a rolling basis over 60 days, the correlation between the dollar and stocks peaked at 68 per cent last October, and now stands at 45 per cent.

WS - have you noticed this and are you finding it harder to draw your correlations?

yes indeed it's getting harder

i am focusing more on FX now until the equity market returns to normality

that is if there is a normality considering all the manipulation at present

am focusing more on FX now until the equity market returns to normality
ws...agree with you on that one.
not done indices for a few weeks now.tight ranges at resistance
swing trade them is the answer ..i think

euro coming out of the death zone
res at 3430
1 min data plot
10 pips box size by 3 reversal..hilo plot
2 weeks of data input

28ho8br.jpg

eur/jpy

IHS formation brewing

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_JPY (25-MAR-10)IHS.png
    Spot FX EUR_JPY (25-MAR-10)IHS.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 95

Dow Jones - Daily chart -The bull run continues, we have to breach 10790 and 10730 in order to bring the bears back out ....until then 11000 here we come!!

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-daily.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-daily.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 127

FTSE 100 -Daily/weekly still no signs of a top, waiting for that exogenous variable shock. 5680 is the inside bar that must be breached

Attachments

• FTSE 100 daily  .png
    FTSE 100 daily .png
    14.6 KB · Views: 105

mother of all shorts looming

monthly chart of DOW JONES

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIALmonthly.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIALmonthly.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 141

Very nice ideas you got but there is a other thing :

trends are only 0.5 - 2 hours long sometimes longer ....

if you want to get them , then you must make 50 -100 trades per day 3 years long

and then if you are well its possible to catch the trends .

Swing trades comes only all 2-4 week one and that is impossible to know when .

My idea : learn to scalp like I learned last 6 years and then if you get 800 -1200

pips in 5 hours , then we could talk again about trading .:LOL:

have a nice practise :cheesy:

IAN TOMLINSON ASTERIX BEARNY :)

GOLD - H&S on daily ......down side target of 1040 triggered and active provided we stay below $1110

Attachments

• Gold Full0410 Future-Gold.png
    Gold Full0410 Future-Gold.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 107

EUR/USD

this chart is an argument against swing trading FX..hehee!!

Those that went long and got caught on the fake out must have had there fingers burnt.

I think i will stick to day trading for now ...huh hum!!

here is the sequence of events from my understanding

nice foundation and thrust higher after IHS formation, and we had a break out of key trend line, but it was either a short covering rally/fake out.

Now we have previous resistance = support @ 1.340-50 region

but one must be wary as in TA we tend to see the true break out after the fake out.

Attachments

• EUR_USD Spot.png
    EUR_USD Spot.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 124

OIL - H&S formation - neckline @ $79.50, if breached projected downside target of $76 - $77

Attachments

• Light Crude Oil Full0510 Future-daily.png
    Light Crude Oil Full0510 Future-daily.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 125

You dont an expert but once you will become ......:cheesy:
Try to catch the moves from 14 to 18:00 , then you got the same points as if you swing
3 days long . You will see , they are only 5-20 minutes long not more .
So what ? Time is money ..... I got enough so I would help others .
My average is 80 - 150 points per hour in the main trading time 14-18:00.
Stop trading so much , because when you overtraded , then you will loose money .
3 hours concentraded trading is enough for one day , more brings nothing.
To make a rest is very importent because humans are not machines like robots .
The reason why I dont trade in a chat is : alone I get more points ...:)
You are want to help traders , that is ok for me , very kind from you .
The point is not , if you trade with money , the point is :

WHEN I TRADE WITH MONEY AND WHY

everybody who understand this is becoming a good trader I hope for all .

have a nice day

IAN

OIL - H&S formation - neckline @ $79.50, if breached projected downside target of $76 - $77

You dont an expert but once you will become ......:cheesy:
Try to catch the moves from 14 to 18:00 , then you got the same points as if you swing
3 days long . You will see , they are only 5-20 minutes long not more .
So what ? Time is money ..... I got enough so I would help others .
My average is 80 - 150 points per hour in the main trading time 14-18:00.
Stop trading so much , because when you overtraded , then you will loose money .
3 hours concentraded trading is enough for one day , more brings nothing.
To make a rest is very importent because humans are not machines like robots .
The reason why I dont trade in a chat is : alone I get more points ...:)
You are want to help traders , that is ok for me , very kind from you .
The point is not , if you trade with money , the point is :

WHEN I TRADE WITH MONEY AND WHY

everybody who understand this is becoming a good trader I hope for all .

have a nice day

IAN

thank you for sharing your experience and wise words bearney ian tomlinson asterix

happy weekend to you

my new name b i t a bearney ian tomlinson asterix :LOL::cheesy::LOL:

thank you for creating it ..... sounds well to my ears .

Take a look at my new picture it shows my OILACCOUNT .

nice sunday

thank you for sharing your experience and wise words bearney ian tomlinson asterix

happy weekend to you

Status
Not open for further replies.