Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes my friend it was an ambitious target hence why I took profit early @ 4291

Banks are not participating in sell off which alerted me and why I moved my position to B/E very quickly

Ideally I was aiming for 4277 S1 pivot which corresponds with 50 MA........1month, 1hr TF

My advice to anyone is not to get too obsessed with your target in this market .........

always have a 10 point trailing stop loss , lock in your profits as soon as you see them go into 10 points

its too volatile at present

I hear your advice re: profit taking, despite trying to learn to hold on to my positions, but the situation may require profit takings as you suggest

OK, you were aiming for pivot (despite we may all have differing levels, its the idea that counts :) )

My signal says stay short, so will see, still think we will get to the S1

why didn't i take my 13pts!! for some reason i didn't take the points at the support level (91)...

i done exactly the same thing yesterday, giving away 17pts and closing for BE.

I refer you to my post!:):):)

euro 1.41 support broken

GBP 1.64 support broken

DAX 4825 gap fill broken , next support 4800 ..........I may go long here!!

FTSE 4277 50 MA support and S1 pivot ....i may go long here as well

i leave them open then get retraced and stopped out...then when i close them it runs on...this stuff drives me NUTS!!

I'd be +40 pts up now instead of 20 :mad:

and thanks for your feedback kaisen, i think you're quite a wise old bird really and predict a great future for you in the world of the retail trader :D

The pivot @ 4320 and the 4310 key level gave a great range from which to trade in the direction of a move outside it - am short from 4305

Out @ target 4280, +25

I think I need to have a look at my pivots again, 4277 is the level obviously

i leave them open then get retraced and stopped out...then when i close them it runs on...this stuff drives me NUTS!!

I'd be +40 pts up now instead of 20 :mad:

and tanks for your feedback kaisen, i think you're quite a wise old bird really and predict a great future for you in the world of the retail trader :D

Sounds like 2 trades would be interesting for you. Providing your analysis is correct. That way you could close one and let one run! So then something else would develop rather than the outcomes you have noted above! That would be interesting to see.

Out @ target 4280, +25

I think I need to have a look at my pivots again, 4277 is the level obviously

Well done Lapa! :clap::clap:

Do you calculate your own pivots or use the provided indicator or combo of the two?

Well done Lapa! :clap::clap:

Do you calculate your own pivots or use the provided indicator or combo of the two?

Resistance 3 = High + 2*(Pivot - Low)
Resistance 2 = Pivot + (R1 - S1)
Resistance 1 = 2 * Pivot - Low
Pivot Point = ( High + Close + Low )/3
Support 1 = 2 * Pivot - High
Support 2 = Pivot - (R1 - S1)
Support 3 = Low - 2*(High - Pivot)

Where the close is market close and the high and low are prices from my IG platform. Normally these work very well, but I am a tad upset today I did not have a 4275 level for S1, mine was 4281 which is 5 points out, quite a lot.

WS uses prices from his platform.

LondonTrader, how about you?

Resistance 3 = High + 2*(Pivot - Low)
Resistance 2 = Pivot + (R1 - S1)
Resistance 1 = 2 * Pivot - Low
Pivot Point = ( High + Close + Low )/3
Support 1 = 2 * Pivot - High
Support 2 = Pivot - (R1 - S1)
Support 3 = Low - 2*(High - Pivot)

Where the close is market close and the high and low are prices from my IG platform. Normally these work very well, but I am a tad upset today I did not have a 4275 level for S1, mine was 4281 which is 5 points out, quite a lot.

WS uses prices from his platform.

LondonTrader, how about you?

I have all my data amended to market trading hours only........

FTSE 8.00 - 16.30 data only

so pivots may vary

Status
Not open for further replies.