Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
morning all,

mixed bag with the asian markets.

bit of bullish osc div on the ftse 4hr, can't see anything on the lower TFs though.

good to have u with us minch, however many pints you've had ;), you certainly seem to know your onions!

good luck for today everyone, and remember, lets be careful out there (< hill street blues)

i'm short @ 4305 btw :shuriken:

(in fact i've been short all my life, but that's a different story :cheesy:)

The pivot @ 4320 and the 4310 key level gave a great range from which to trade in the direction of a move outside it - am short from 4305 despite jitters about 4300 (recency bias, what a thing)

WS - can't see why the 4270 level is your target - I am aiming for 4281 S1 - is 4270 the bottom of the channel you're aiming for?

Main Pviot - 4314, and 4275 is the S1..

Pivot lines are pretty far from each other today. We may see footsie playing nicely to bring back some big points for some of the traders in here.

OK chaps my strategy has been triggered

I am short 4306 ..stop loss 4336

target as per analysis

closed position for 15 points profit

DAX @ gap fill ...........

currencies @ support levels

its going to be hard to squeeze any more out of it

banks are strong today, if they joined in on the sell off then 4270 could have been achieved

The pivot @ 4320 and the 4310 key level gave a great range from which to trade in the direction of a move outside it - am short from 4305 despite jitters about 4300 (recency bias, what a thing)

WS - can't see why the 4270 level is your target - I am aiming for 4281 S1 - is 4270 the bottom of the channel you're aiming for?

Yes my friend it was an ambitious target hence why I took profit early @ 4291

Banks are not participating in sell off which alerted me and why I moved my position to B/E very quickly

Ideally I was aiming for 4277 S1 pivot which corresponds with 50 MA........1month, 1hr TF

My advice to anyone is not to get too obsessed with your target in this market .........

always have a 10 point trailing stop loss , lock in your profits as soon as you see them go into 10 points

its too volatile at present

why didn't i take my 13pts!! for some reason i didn't take the points at the support level (91)...

i done exactly the same thing yesterday, giving away 17pts and closing for BE.

short 4310 target 4300

Quick question DB. Have you booked any profit from this short? Also do you re-evaluate the R/R during the trade? ie Your target prices always seem to be a fixed amount say 10pnts. When you are 7 or 8 pnts up is it worth risking the whole 7 or 8 points for the additional 2 or 3? Even if it moves the extra 2 or 3 pnts and you lose out, this is a loss you can always afford to make!

As the markets tend to move in waves, would a smaller target which may be able to be taken more frequently be worth considering?
That way you could take more points than the actual market move and /or you will lock in profits rather than seeing the market erode your profits back to zero or a loss if the trend moves and "waves" the other way.

The other potential option is to place two trades, close one for a small profit and let the other "ride" to your target level or to ride the trend you have indentified. If the market trends or waves back you could place another trade for another potential small profit if your analysis remains unchanged.
Personally I like to bank the profits (in volatile, difficult to predict markets) and then place a new deal when the market provides me with another attractive price. This means i am less exposed.

I was wondering how many times you call a good play and dont bank the profit compared to how many times you (and maybe alot of us) are successful in holding out for that larger play?
If your target is 20 pnts you have the whole day to nibble at profits from developed trends rather than trying to pick the golden moment and take the golden shot?

It seems to me that there are many ways to succeed but we need to remember timing in our calculations.

Difficult i know as longer trends take time to develop but having said that taking more frequent profit in smaller chunks will allow you time to wait for "the" move and you can always buy in quickly if you feel the move is on.

Just some thoughts! As much for your feedback and viewpoint (and others) as for helping you at the same time!

Happy trading fella!:):):)

strategy fro tomorrow

4310 crucial level

> 4310 go long to 4340 - 4360 - 4370

< 4310 go short to 4270

Hi there.

Been following this thread for a couple of weeks - very informative and helpful - have learn't a lot so far from WS and everyone on here - thanks guys.

WS - could you explain why 4310 is a crucial level for today - I can't seem to see it - then maybe I'm just blind or not looking in the right place!!

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.