Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gone long on DOW instead with a risky trade before the data

I have gone long DOW 8690 ........stop loss 8660 !!

only 1 contract

@ lapalabra I put orders in at +10 and -10, but so i had buy sell at 5080/60 each with 10pt stop
i decide level about 30 second before 1.30pm

A brainwave has hit me, why not go long and short before release and then don't have to worry about executed price being away from order level.

A brainwave has hit me, why not go long and short before release and then don't have to worry about executed price being away from order level.

wouldnt that mean what you gain on one side is nulled byt the other?..unless you manually traded out pronto?

You mean open a buy and sell order simultaneously on your SB account then cancel one after the direction is clear - each order cancelling each other?

I can't do that on IG unfortunately, one cancels the other when you open it - can you do that on your platform?

It would be the same as leaving a 10pt space either side.

wouldnt that mean what you gain on one side is nulled byt the other?..unless you manually traded out pronto?

I would be long/short after +10/-10 pts, but i wouldn't suffer bad fill

I have IG account and I have had buy/sell opened simultaneously.

I suppose I can do this type of trades on single stocks, how do I find out which big company's are making announcements during market hours ?? do currencies display the same sharp moves after some news release

I suppose I can do this type of trades on single stocks, how do I find out which big company's are making announcements during market hours ?? do currencies display the same sharp moves after some news release

As for currencies I'm experimenting with cable after NFP reports.

Tricky though - you can catch the direction but then suffer a massive pullback before the trend resumes that takes out the stop, or it turns out to be a reversal.

I'm coming to the opinion that after key announcements in this case is to let it shake out and get in when the direction becomes clear on a second pullback with a higher low- usually 10/20minutes afterwards. Safer and the trend is surer.

Still studying it, no hard opinions on it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.