Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Lapalabra, perhaps the stop order should also contain a limit order. maybe a second order is needed, a stop limit

@ Lapalabra, perhaps the stop order should also contain a limit order. maybe a second order is needed, a stop limit

I think having these orders are useful if you want to have it automated - ie. @ 1.29pm buy/sell @ +/- 10 points of current price, with limit +20 points, etc. This makes sense if you want to automate an order to carry out the trade if you aren't there.

If you are there, or if you aren't trading on more than one market so you can't execute the orders on both simultaneously, why would you play with these orders? You can see the movement and trade accordingly with discretion and do it manually with less slippage.

This down channel on the FTSE is really clear now - 4385ish gap resistance with the top of chanel on 10M - testing it now.

Considering a short depending on how this 10M bar closes with US open

these orders help to take out hesitation or error from trading a fast move.

who's the moderator on this thread ? i need permission to post a link for another website

This down channel on the FTSE is really clear now - 4385ish gap resistance with the top of chanel on 10M - testing it now.

Considering a short depending on how this 10M bar closes with US open

Body closed over - long @ 4387

sorry a bit late.. caught that thank goodnes..

went short at 4381.. bounced off the walls of camarilla l1 and daily open.. sl -15 tp +11 incl spread

out at 4392

Gap Fill On USO Yields Near Term Resistance. Oil Has Spiked On The Kings (Goldman Sachs) Blessing.
The dollar has inched lower as well adding fuel to the oil rise:

USO06_04_09.jpg

how did you get on today chaps, did i miss anything?

The FTSE went up, then it went down, then it went up again, then down again, and there was a lovely little channel it bounced along happily until right at the end of the day it stepped out of it to go up, and went down again.

That's pretty much it.

Oh, and I have a new found respect for 200MA and gap fill as s/r as per WS's analysis.

The FTSE went up, then it went down, then it went up again, then down again, and there was a lovely little channel it bounced along happily until right at the end of the day it stepped out of it to go up, and went down again.

That's pretty much it.

Oh, and I have a new found respect for 200MA and gap fill as s/r as per WS's analysis.

thanks for the talk through of todays action lapa...which reminds me, i saw the most incredible thing today, it was all the information you spoke of, but in a graphic pictorial representation!

i think they called it a FTSE 'Chert' or 'Chort', something like that, anyway, i think it'll really catch on.

Status
Not open for further replies.