US Indices intraday trading - JULY 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skimble, you cant be serious...that is the kind of thing that people with serious dedication goes through.....like people who for a kick would read Channels & Cycles: A tribute to J.M. Hurst" by Brian J Millard :) :) :) :) :) :(

now, has any of you girls made any money on the path today?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SUNSEEKER
now, has any of you girls made any money on the path today?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the Pope Catholic?

how the heck would I know....I just want to let you know about the 25% profit retainer....

Skimble, you are a crual fella.....i like it.....

dont worry, A320 already owes me for voting for you and for looking after his girlfriend....:)))

How come you have fancy colors in your votes!!!!

hi skimble...this is a note from sunseekers sunseekeress. i am unplugging this goddam computer and cutting the cable.. i want him for myself now :)

18th July.

Attachments

• 18th july.gif
    18th july.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 279
Strange reading about random walk theory in Traders' magazine today and then seeing how Sun has achieved the seemingly impossible again!

skimble, its me, sun, she is in the bathroom...he he...I am sooo sad....really got to go....have a great weekend all and maybe i can sneak in a path or two next week....

bigbusiness, thanks for doing that once again....it really is appreciated, you know...you are sort of a book keeper

Those votes cost me a fortune!!!!
No wander cnbc has been cutting Tom's interviews short :cheesy:

I didn't realize that there are so many Hurst readers on these boards :D

Tom are you editing some tapes to accompany your book???

Skim, the more you post the more impressed I get!!!

yes Tom l'll go to bed now!!! :cheesy:

cj

Oh and Caroline says Thanks!!! ;)

bigbusiness: Interesting chart in post 184. Is the red line depicting randomness. If so how do you generate the line? Do you have specific software?
If you are into randomness I can strongly recommend " Fooled By Randomness" by Nassim Nicholas Taleb a major market player. He uses a Monty Carlo simulator ( Randomness) in his trading.
Is it worthwhile buying the Traders magazine for the article and does it explain the mathematics in generating the line.
EDIT:
By the way Taleb has the folowing web sites.
www.etexere.com/fooled
www.taleb.etexere.com

ZigZag,

Have a look at the rest of the posts on this board. Sunseeker generates the red line before the market opens and I make a composite chart at the close to see how it has performed. I was trying to be ironic with my comment about randomness :)

The article in Traders' magazine is interesting but doesn't have any mathematical formula, other than stating that the range of a market is usually the square of the number of days you are looking at e.g. A 16 day period has four times the range of a one day period.

It also mentions that if markets were predictable, technical analysts would all have their own lear jet!

I get my traders' magazine for free but probably wouldn't have paid for this one. I think the first 3 contained more interesting articles.

Hi Guys
I sent off for a brochure for all the spread betting firms and only signed up for one! However, each month, I get sent the Traders mag for free (I usually get 2 or 3 copies)... that's my tip for the day :)

BD

aha - something FREE!!!!

bottomdollar: do u know which SB firm is responsible fot u getting the magazine? If not, then which is the one u signed up to?

Cheers

if you ask nicely and send me your address on "private" I will send you the magazine when I am back.....that is, if there are any copies left when I get back...

ahh, so hot here!!!!!!!!! :)

see ya, Modi, are you off to the beach :)

good morning,

it is always going to be an interesting day for me when my analysis is telling me that we should have a bullish tone for the day, and my forecasting model is telling me that we will have a bearish tone for the day. I guess today is the day when I am going to have to fight it out with my alter-ego....

Can someone recommend a good shrink????? :)

Attachments

• chart no 30.png
    chart no 30.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 578
i dont even know what happened, but it was in the charts already if there was a news announcement....

my girlfriend was adament it was going up and I said: OK, but we will put in a stop and reverse at 3383....well it moved higher and we locked in a couple of ticks on the basis of the trendline..i had a gut feel it was moving lower as there was no buying power above 3400...

it seems like everyone saw the same thing at the same time or there was a news release. covered the short at 3344, which was not a very good fill

Attachments

• chart no 31.png
    chart no 31.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 545
Status
Not open for further replies.